Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NASCAR COO Says A New OEM “Close To The Finish Line” About Joining The Sport!

NASCAR COO Says A New OEM “Close To The Finish Line” About Joining The Sport!​

NASCAR's Electrification Strategy Goes Hand-And-Hand With Dodge...​

1652479135092.png

For the past 9 years, there have been rumors on and off about the Dodge brand making a return to NASCAR competition. After winning the NASCAR Cup Series Championship with Penske Racing in 2012, Dodge abandon the sport after the team dropped the automaker amid a switch to the sixth-generation of stock car. This was due to Dodge refusing to sign a multi-year extension with Penske and instead wanted to do a year-by-year contract.

bill burke

Reaction score
Your point is well taken, in fact, it’s totally on target. Indeed, all the right circumstances seem to be aligned to make this happen especially for us suffering Dodge fans. Dodges decision to go electric to some extent or all in it seems creates tremendous issues that everyone inside and outside corporate knew would happen. Mating the next generation Challenger “Super Car” an electric dominator performance car of the future to NSCAR, to Tony Stewart and to racing fans everywhere would ease this e-muscle transition from conflicting obstacle to a rallying cry for Dodge. Dodge returning to NASCAR frankly is not a choice, but a necessity. End our pain and get the Dodge brand out front and center again. Electrifying!

TripleT

Reaction score
Nascar is a declining sport, it Let Toyota steal nearly its entire program last time. Mopar is like a beaten wife, every time returning to it abusive husband. I rather they continue spending money in Drag racing and Grass roots then slap stickers on the new car and call it a Mopar.

bill burke

Reaction score
Nascar is a declining sport, it Let Toyota steal nearly its entire program last time. Mopar is like a beaten wife, every time returning to it abusive husband. I rather they continue spending money in Drag racing and Grass roots then slap stickers on the new car and call it a Mopar.
Yea, I hear you, but it’s not a zero sum game. European brands have a pretty hefty budget and Dodge can just sweeten the pot and go round and around in NASCAR. I go all the way back to the fifties watching Lee Petty and Plymouth. Just can’t let it go. I’ll drive if necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread