Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge CEO Says New eMuscle Car Should Come Around August!

Dodge CEO Says New eMuscle Car Should Come Around August!​

Should Appear Just Before The Woodward Dream Cruise...​

1651621290229.png

Dodge//SRT CEO, Tim Kuniskis, recently sat down with Muscle Cars & Trucks (MC&T) to discuss the future of the American high-performance brand. In that interview, Kuniskis talked about the brand’s upcoming concept for its all-new eMuscle car, scheduled to make its official production debut for the 2024 model year.

bill burke

Reaction score
I have had a Dodge R/T muscle car in my driveway since 1968, so this new Challenger inspires my whole being. Yes, it is a game changer, for Dodge and for the industry. Yes, it will be a transformational muscle car. Yes I’m excited and proud that Dodge will be the center of attention again. But though this E-Muscle car is beyond significant, it will not be parked in my driveway. It will take more than blistering acceleration to get me to change my, yes I hear you, Old Ways. For now my Hemi Challenger stays put, I’m set in my ways and it is V-8 power that rings my bell.
I truly wish this new Challenger is a smash hit, a trend setter, the muscle car of the future. It must be for all those performance junkies who are young enough to lust after all it will be. Yes, but for me, I’ll pass.

TripleT

Reaction score
Better be Handsome, if you are going to be Coach builder for the Battery Companies it better be stunning.

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
This is coming sooner than I thought! Between this and the Maserati GranTurismo Folgore, the most exciting EV cars in the market will be from Stellantis.

artillerybuff

Reaction score
I have had a Dodge R/T muscle car in my driveway since 1968, so this new Challenger inspires my whole being. Yes, it is a game changer, for Dodge and for the industry. Yes, it will be a transformational muscle car. Yes I’m excited and proud that Dodge will be the center of attention again. But though this E-Muscle car is beyond significant, it will not be parked in my driveway. It will take more than blistering acceleration to get me to change my, yes I hear you, Old Ways. For now my Hemi Challenger stays put, I’m set in my ways and it is V-8 power that rings my bell.
I truly wish this new Challenger is a smash hit, a trend setter, the muscle car of the future. It must be for all those performance junkies who are young enough to lust after all it will be. Yes, but for me, I’ll pass.
SAME...

TripleT

Reaction score
While I am not in market for Electric Vehicle, I am not in the false impression that I am some sort of GOD of what EVERYONE in the world will like, or Purchase. Telsa and Lucid shows that there is a market and if would be foolish for Dodge not to have a market offering. Some of you seem Personally OFFENDED that every single model isn't personally designed specifically for you. My biggest concern is not that the Model is offered is that Coach builders of the past disappeared, it a dangerous model and car manufacturers have to make sure they maintain the identity beyond the coach. Some seem to advocate the company when faced with the regulatory reality pack up and shut down. When you should be advocating for ICE models to be continued as long as possible. The investment in the T6 is great sign that company is covering both bases.

vbondjr1

Reaction score
Ok so lets really read what they're saying here. I think most of us have already figured out that the E-Muscle variant is going to replace what we currently know as the Hellcat and it's going to be loud, fast and Dodge. The Current architecture of the Challenger/Charger/300 & Durango are going away as are the 392 & 5.7L Hemi engines. The 3.0L Hurricane and 3.0L High Output Hurricane are going to take the place of the two Hemi power plants and the 2.0L "4XE" hybrid powertrain will more than likely replace the 3.6L Pentastar. None of this is really unexpected and quite frankly, it makes sense. What they're saying is the "Flexible Chassis" is simply Stellantis using the STLA large platform which will now not only be under the Charger/Challenger but the Guilia and the Maserati vehicles and well, which hopefully means we will get a more dynamic SUV/Crossover out of the mix that will be RWD based. Dodge just brought back Direct Connection as the performance upgrade section for the Muscle cars since SRT is now defunct. More than likely it means we will be seeing performance upgrades for the new cars through Direct Connection as the new vehicles roll out. The company is not folding, they're adjusting and evolving and adapting to what's coming.

TripleT

Reaction score
Ok so lets really read what they're saying here. I think most of us have already figured out that the E-Muscle variant is going to replace what we currently know as the Hellcat and it's going to be loud, fast and Dodge. The Current architecture of the Challenger/Charger/300 & Durango are going away as are the 392 & 5.7L Hemi engines. The 3.0L Hurricane and 3.0L High Output Hurricane are going to take the place of the two Hemi power plants and the 2.0L "4XE" hybrid powertrain will more than likely replace the 3.6L Pentastar. None of this is really unexpected and quite frankly, it makes sense. What they're saying is the "Flexible Chassis" is simply Stellantis using the STLA large platform which will now not only be under the Charger/Challenger but the Guilia and the Maserati vehicles and well, which hopefully means we will get a more dynamic SUV/Crossover out of the mix that will be RWD based. Dodge just brought back Direct Connection as the performance upgrade section for the Muscle cars since SRT is now defunct. More than likely it means we will be seeing performance upgrades for the new cars through Direct Connection as the new vehicles roll out. The company is not folding, they're adjusting and evolving and adapting to what's coming.
Reality.... they have to adjust to the current regulatory environment. If one doesn't like it they need to lobby to who ever is in the Easter Bunny Suit running the Executive branch of the regulators, not the company changing to stay in business.

Christopher

Reaction score
How long have we been told new product is coming? I don't believe it. More vaporware.

TripleT

Reaction score
How long have we been told new product is coming? I don't believe it. More vaporware.
Well then there won’t be any product to run down the assembly line as they are all being converted? And what do you mean no new products? There have been plenty they are all just Rams and Jeeps. You know the stuff that drives profit. And it not like LX vehicles have been static, each year has been better then the next.

WXman

Reaction score
I personally can't stand when automakers do this. It's so painful. They announce and show off a vehicle that some people REALLY want, and then it ends up being 3 years before those folks can actually get one. Ford has done the same with the F-150 Lightning...those are currently sold out for 3 years. GM is working on doing the same with the Silverado EV...taking $100 reservations currently for a truck that won't hit the hands of buyers until 2025. It's pathetic.

I guess we can hang posters on the wall and hope that in 3 years we're still able to buy the real thing.

TripleT

Reaction score
anyone else trying to figure out the Math on the KM. It just about has to go STLA large but Stelvio sized with short overhangs for off road, otherwise they will have to leave CUSW line running out of the 2 in Belvedere

Christopher

Reaction score
Well then there won’t be any product to run down the assembly line as they are all being converted? And what do you mean no new products? There have been plenty they are all just Rams and Jeeps. You know the stuff that drives profit. And it not like LX vehicles have been static, each year has been better then the next.

I was talking specifically about Dodge. Chrysler is just as bad. Maybe...just maybe...if they invested some money into those brands, they too could be profit drivers.

New stickers and paint colors don't make them better. When was the last time the Charger had a meaningful update? 2015-ish? The 300? Please. The Challenger? Aside from the Demon, which while impressive is about as useful as a fart in a hurricane, nothing. They're just milking the brand until they can kill the cow.

"Look at all the cool stuff that's coming!" No...it's not. It's there to keep buzz for the brands until they can shut it down. They don't have the money for any meaningful investment into them.

I used to be excited for what was coming. Or what they said was coming. Now I don't believe a word they say. They've lied about what they're doing with Dodge and Chrysler for too long for me to believe it. It is nothing more than a load of bull.

TripleT

Reaction score
They haven't lied about anything, believing rumor to be true is on the listener, and there is a development gate system. It actually looks like a funnel. That doesn't make it lie it just means it doesn't get approved for implementation. Actually, typically there 5 major gates and project fall out at any of them, doesn't mean they didn't exist, just means it didn't make it through.

Discounting the LX Charger and Challenger constant development means someone is woefully ignorant or purposefully negative. There is has been a powertrain upgrade every single year and this years model is better than the last, which was better than the last. People love and outperform everything in there class if there is class left because most jump off that sinking ship. 300 is dead, dead as it less than 2 sales per dealer, dead when the Continental flopped.

Reality is there is one USA major consumer brand and that is CDJR... that has multiple sub-brands Jeep, Wrangler, Wagoneer, RAM, RAM industrial, Dodge, and Chrysler. The distinction between Sub-brands and Models at this point is very small. Dodge is fine is popular with a young demographic. Will get a new model before the end of the year, and several distinct models on the new STLA Large platform. 300 will be dumped but the Minivan will switch to that platform and will get a BEV Chrysler will survive if only as a place to put stuff that doesn't fit the other Sub-brands.

Billions are being spent on redoing the Plants and more will be spent. They tried like hell to find a way to run the next gen down Brampton and the plant is too Old and was designed to make narrow Renaults.

Anyone with the slightest bases of knowledge knows you can't run an entirely new platform down a existing line without at least modifying carriers, it was going to end up being is own overly deviant platform and got shelved but there was never any rush because the models well loved and still selling strong in the marketplace.

If one doesn't like the offering currently and has to have something entirely new for NEWS sake, there is always the fake purse Koreans.

WXman

Reaction score
Discounting the LX Charger and Challenger constant development means someone is woefully ignorant or purposefully negative. There is has been a powertrain upgrade every single year and this years model is better than the last, which was better than the last.

Do what? The base car has used the same engine for 11 years now with zero changes. The entry level V8 car has been the same for 13 years with no power improvements. The "upgrade" V8 engine in the 392 cars is also over a decade old with no power improvements during its entire run so far.

The only people who've seen upgrades annually are the top of the line supercharged engine guys who have big $$$$ available to spend. The rest of us went from top of the class to bottom of the class over the last decade with no help from Mopar.

TripleT

Reaction score
Do what? The base car has used the same engine for 11 years now with zero changes. The entry level V8 car has been the same for 13 years with no power improvements. The "upgrade" V8 engine in the 392 cars is also over a decade old with no power improvements during its entire run so far.

The only people who've seen upgrades annually are the top of the line supercharged engine guys who have big $$$$ available to spend. The rest of us went from top of the class to bottom of the class over the last decade with no help from Mopar.
wait your calling that the top powertrain kept moving up and power and then trickling down not new powertrain improvements. Your expectation was each powertrain would be updated also. Hmmmm interesting idea. What happen on the Ls (I hate the designation because it belongs to Omni) would be a styling or improvement would show up in the top model and trickle down, or the top power train move up. The car got quicker each year.

Complaining that they were in it to make more margin is Hilarious, Yes, they were. But even now DC is on the way to introducing was for one to go faster.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
anyone else trying to figure out the Math on the KM. It just about has to go STLA large but Stelvio sized with short overhangs for off road, otherwise they will have to leave CUSW line running out of the 2 in Belvedere

I'll be following it!

Jeep is very proud of it's new Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, so I will just wait for a bit lol

Users who are viewing this thread