Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis Post It’s Sales Numbers For The United States In Q1 2022!

Stellantis Post It’s Sales Numbers For The United States In Q1 2022!​

Grand Cherokee Shows A Strong Q1...​

1649096719705.png

During the first quarter (Q1) of 2022, Stellantis (FCA US LLC) sold 405,221 vehicles in the United States. It marked a decline of 14% compared to last year’s sales during the same time period, with retail sales being down 13%. However, the automaker did have some positive notes during the Q1.

• Jeep® Grand Cherokee notched its best-ever Q1 total and retail sales, with total sales up 36% and retail sales up 44%.
  • Total United States sales for the Jeep Compass rose 22%, and retail sales increased 23% versus Q1 2021.
  • Ram brand recorded its best Q1 retail sales year ever for the ProMaster van, up 27% versus the previous Q1.
  • Total commercial shipments in Q1 rose 13% versus the same Q1 last year.
“Despite being impacted by the existing supply chain constraints facing our industry, we continue to see strong demand for our vehicles,” said U.S. Head of Sales Jeff Kommor. “Our dealer network continues to demonstrate great flexibility as we balance and prioritize these demands in offsetting market conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Somethings off in the chart or article. Article states promaster +27 chart shows promaster -14%

Edit - I guess it does clarify retail +27%. Which means very few promasters sold to retail. Supports my view that promaster sales are low compared to transit due primarily to the passenger/family van segment that promaster doesn't really play in.

Last edited:

bill burke

Reaction score
Not bad considering all the constraints being placed on the auto industry during this economic crisis. Inflation, rising interest rates and supply chain issues brought on by chaotic government policies are to blame for the stagnation of the industry. As stated, not bad considering.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
GW outsold Navigator.
W almost outsold Expedition.
W/GW combined close to Escalade.

Explorer not doing well while GC L doing well. Durango not as bad as i'd expect with the GC L around.

ipa0628

Reaction score
GW outsold Navigator.

Explorer not doing well while GC L doing well. Durango not as bad as i'd expect with the GC L around.
Still for all the hype of W and GW, they are on a pace for only 40k units a year. All of that $$$ spent bringing them to market should have been spent on the Charger and Challenger revamp.
The Durango is holding because not everybody wants a Jeep, and the GC - L's have had so many problems. Look at the WL forums and see all of the issues, including a lot of buybacks.

TripleT

Reaction score
GW outsold Navigator.

Ford is having trouble just keeping the Big Trucks running. Supply Chain and Chips.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Still for all the hype of W and GW, they are on a pace for only 40k units a year. All of that $$$ spent bringing them to market should have been spent on the Charger and Challenger revamp.
The Durango is holding because not everybody wants a Jeep, and the GC - L's have had so many problems. Look at the WL forums and see all of the issues, including a lot of buybacks.
W/GW are not complete offerings yet, like the competition they are selling against. But they also aren't going for sales volume - that would be the durango if one ever comes out of warren.

Money is being spent on charger and challenger revamp - coming soon.

Durango as is pretty good but not immune to issues either - I own one. Though i do like the updated interior but if I was to upgrade, i'd consider the L over it (if i could afford either).

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Ford is having trouble just keeping the Big Trucks running. Supply Chain and Chips.
GM was up in HD trucks, tahoe, suburban, yukon, escalade.

Ford has gone to celebrating futures sales it seams (50k retail orders received, in-transit up in march relative to feb). So it will be interesting how their next few months are. They also tried combining the maverick and ranger sales to their F-series total to compare against Ram's number in the march PDF report - which is hilarious. (though they made an error in how they stated it).

I wonder if Ram went all out with selling the classics (get one before they're gone) and prioritized SHAP as well, if under these strange circumstances they could possibly break the F-Series streak. I see it near impossible to accomplish after the classic is gone.

Users who are viewing this thread