Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

It's A Hurricane Of Horsepower! GME-T6 H.O. Will Make 507 Horsepower!​

Stellantis Drops Info On Two Of The Three Future Inline-Six Engines...​

1648199914404.png

It didn’t take long for the Jeep® brand to take down an image and pricing of its upcoming twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter GME-T6 high-output (H.O.) inline-six-cylinder (codenamed “Hurricane”) engine off of its Build & Price configurator for the 2022 Jeep Grand Wagoneer (WS), soon after news broke of its posting. It marked the second time in three months, that the company has “accidentally” posted information surrounding the new motor on various Stellantis websites.

justbekuz

Reaction score
I wonder with the upcoming ten year demise of the FCA ICE engines, how long and which other model applications the new six will be used and whether a less expensive six will replace the V6 Chrysler has a very good history with the other previously mass produced slant and straight sixes. But with the uncertain future of the ICE engine, does this new engine already has a 'Use By' date as a stand alone on ICE models? Another website site is already talking about the demise of the Charger and Challenger as they are promoting the Brampton will go electric and C/C will not move Stateside as previously reported but rather ride into the sunset. All the manufacturers are rethinking their future ICE model marketing selections of when and how long they should ride the ICE storm out.

bill burke

Reaction score
There is always a trade off when fundamental and long standing changes are made, it is the price imposed by progress. Indeed, not all change results in progress if ill conceived, but this new engine bursts with advances and benefits and yes a mandated concession to over blown industry wide PC thinking that forces acceptance that is inevitable, mentally healthy and necessary by everyone pro and con alike. As the saying goes “change or die”.
This family of engines certainly celebrates the engineering talent of the Fiat-Chrysler team and from a purely pragmatic point of view will serve the various brands and new vehicles well and wisely keeps internal combustion engines in the mix. Those among us who are technology advocates can certainly find much to entertain you with these engines, performance advocates will be rewarded with powerful, fun products and environment advocates will turn “green” with their emissions advances. Heck 500+ horsepower, I’m feeling better already, kind of.
Gone though will be, what many like me love, that nostalgia of Hemi performance and sound that no straight six and certainly no electric wheeled appliance can replace. Sad as it is, it is time to move on and for guys like me, hold on to your Hemi power stuff, even if the forces of time are working against you.
I will embrace the new, but chose to hold on to the past. Indeed, those were glory days, my days.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLC

WXman

Reaction score
YUCK.

All of the things that make engines less reliable and more of a PITA to keep on the road long term are showing up on this engine.

ESS (which some sources claim will NOT be disabled with a dash button)
DOHC
VVT
Direct Injection
Forced Induction
Fancy cylinder lining process that's been known to fail when used in the past by other brands

Just yuck, yuck, yuck. I guess we should be happy that FCA kept the simple, reliable, OHV, non-DI engines around longer than the other brands. Hopefully there'll be a good supply of them in the used market until I die.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting to call it a Hurricane and not GME T6.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
YUCK.

All of the things that make engines less reliable and more of a PITA to keep on the road long term are showing up on this engine.

DOHC
VVT
Direct Injection
Forced Induction
Fancy cylinder lining process that's been known to fail when used in the past by other brands

Just yuck, yuck, yuck. I guess we should be happy that FCA kept the simple, reliable, OHV, non-DI engines around longer than the other brands. Hopefully there'll be a good supply of them in the used market until I die.

DOHC, VVT and force induction have been here for years, at least in Europe. DOHC for... Who can remember how long, VVT for 30 years. I'm talking about widespread use. Some car makers started with DOHC on Inline engines 70 years ago if not more although back then with 2 valve per cylinder and hemispherical combustion chamber.

James.A

Reaction score
Highly skeptical this will result in anything more green. Just expensive to run and God knows what issues will come with these, especially early on. Not particularly happy with this news.

Mopar392

Reaction score
Turbos, DOHC and VVT have been available for a long time and Legacy CDJR have experience themselves.
The only thing I’m wondering about is the Direct Injection and the related soot buildup. I’d have thought Stellantis would use Direct and Port Injections.

The S.O. version is clear improvement over the 5.7 HEMI.
The H.O. is about the same output as the 392 HEMI except the torque curve and delivery will be excellent.

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
I wonder with the upcoming ten year demise of the FCA ICE engines, how long and which other model applications the new six will be used and whether a less expensive six will replace the V6 Chrysler has a very good history with the other previously mass produced slant and straight sixes. But with the uncertain future of the ICE engine, does this new engine already has a 'Use By' date as a stand alone on ICE models? Another website site is already talking about the demise of the Charger and Challenger as they are promoting the Brampton will go electric and C/C will not move Stateside as previously reported but rather ride into the sunset. All the manufacturers are rethinking their future ICE model marketing selections of when and how long they should ride the ICE storm out.
Thats why I never thought this would see the light of day, dont forget the multiple millions its going to cost to re crash test everything its slated to go in. Day late and a dollar short, should have been here a couple years after the ecoboost debut not on the verge of EV across the board. And what savings is this going to provide over a regular gas 5.7 or 6.4? Especially under acceleration - any turbo car I ever had guzzled gas under boost, and 400-500hp @ 3.0L will be a lot of boost.

James.A

Reaction score
Thats why I never thought this would see the light of day, dont forget the multiple millions its going to cost to re crash test everything its slated to go in. Day late and a dollar short, should have been here a couple years after the ecoboost debut not on the verge of EV across the board. And what savings is this going to provide over a regular gas 5.7 or 6.4? Especially under acceleration - any turbo car I ever had guzzled gas under boost, and 400-500hp @ 3.0L will be a lot of boost.
I've had the same experience with turbo cars. I believe I read PSI of 22 for SO and 26 for HO.

Sickboy

Reaction score
YUCK.

DOHC
VVT
Direct Injection
Forced Induction

Autotrader classic has you covered

TripleT

Reaction score
YUCK.

DOHC
VVT
Direct Injection
Forced Induction

Hahaha I saw a preWar Marlin engine with everything but DI, and all the Mopar 80s engines had this stuff except DI. NEW oh no oh no oh no NEW Scary.... this engine is just the GME with more cylinders it pretty proven already. It not like the junk V6 from the 90s were that good, the Pentastar had it issues.

We should be happy we are getting a new ICE engine and just in time..... what you will see is a rush to Electric... the non-rare earth batteries not show up in time, the Electric infrastructure stall, and these more efficient engines will be damn popular.

I love my V8 I hold but my next vehicle will be this powerplant hopefully with LEAD Acid replacement to get my wife through daily hikes.

Last edited:

Mopar392

Reaction score

Stellantis and USA committing to new vehicles sale to be 50% EV by 2030 doesn't mean they need to kill the development of the ICE.
It's great to see Stellantis and BMW are still developing new ICE engines, as the EV target can change, and we have already seen the resistance from Germany and Italy.

Hahaha I saw a preWar Marlin engine with everything by DJ, and all the Mopar 80s engines had this stuff except DJ. NEW oh no oh no oh no NEW Scary.... this engine is just the GME with more cylinders it pretty proven already. It not like the junk V6 from the 90s were that good the Pentastar had it issues.

We should be happy we are getting a new ICE engine and just in time..... what you will see is a rush to Electric... the non-rare earth batteries not show up in time, the Electric infrastructure stall, and these more efficient engines will be damn popular.

I love my V8 I hold but my next vehicle will be this powerplant hopefully with LEAD Acid replacement to get my wife through daily hikes.

You, Me and some others would be happy, knowing HEMI is here to stay as well.

“We haven’t said that we are discontinuing any engines,” Jewett notes. “The Hemi is incredibly popular, and it's important to our customers. The Hemi V-8 is in our product portfolio for the foreseeable future.”

James.A

Reaction score

Stellantis and USA committing to new vehicles sale to be 50% EV by 2030 doesn't mean they need to kill the development of the ICE.
It's great to see Stellantis and BMW are still developing new ICE engines, as the EV target can change, and we have already seen the resistance from Germany and Italy.

You, Me and some others would be happy, knowing HEMI is here to stay as well.
Is it? And at what cost? Unattainable?

Derek

Reaction score

It's A Hurricane Of Horsepower! GME-T6 H.O. Will Make 507 Horsepower!​

Stellantis Drops Info On Two Of The Three Future Inline-Six Engines...​

View attachment 6591

It didn’t take long for the Jeep® brand to take down an image and pricing of its upcoming twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter GME-T6 high-output (H.O.) inline-six-cylinder (codenamed “Hurricane”) engine off of its Build & Price configurator for the 2022 Jeep Grand Wagoneer (WS), soon after news broke of its posting. It marked the second time in three months, that the company has “accidentally” posted information surrounding the new motor on various Stellantis websites.

Any news on the E muscle you can share with us?

Mopar392

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread