Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis Gives Us A Sneak Peek At The Upcoming Jeep® Junior Mini-Compact SUV!

Stellantis Gives Us A Sneak Peek At The Upcoming Jeep® Junior Mini-Compact SUV!​

Vehicle Will Be Available In EMEA...​

2024 Jeep Junior Teaser (1).jpg

In a surprising move during Stellantis’ “Strategic Plan” presentation, CEO Carlos Tavares showed a couple of slides showcasing a new Jeep® battery-electric vehicle (BEV). The new BEV will slot below the globally popular Renegade model and will ultimately bring an even more affordable electric vehicle offering to the masses.

TripleT

Reaction score
is it going to have Jeep specific Suspension and structure or is it just an Coach work change PSA style?

bill burke

Reaction score
If each brand can execute enough clearly different style, interior and character executions, then the sum of the basic core vehicle spin-offs could possibly monopolize a wide band of their defined market segment very significantly. This Jeep looks awesome and has all the goodies to score big time. I’ll put my rep on this one. A winner.

TripleT

Reaction score
Looks Great !
It does. And is that what makes something a Jeep? or an Alfa for the matter. Styling? One has a rugged appearance and the other Italian flare. Is that what makes those vehicle Brand specific? Sadly, I think it is. How different is the mission of an Alfa and Jeep. One should be rugged and off road capable, the other should be light, lighten quick steering, and handling. I hope a am wrong but seems this will be nothing but Farrari bodies on a Fiero... Styling exercises with no substance especially considering the platform choosen.

bill burke

Reaction score
It does. And is that what makes something a Jeep? or an Alfa for the matter. Styling? One has a rugged appearance and the other Italian flare. Is that what makes those vehicle Brand specific? Sadly, I think it is. How different is the mission of an Alfa and Jeep. One should be rugged and off road capable, the other should be light, lighten quick steering, and handling. I hope a am wrong but seems this will be nothing but Farrari bodies on a Fiero... Styling exercises with no substance especially considering the platform choosen.
There can be various settings, suspension differences and tuning that is brand specific, but consolidation around a few shared platforms is the game plan. I believe the exclusivity of AWD in the Jeep indicates the lengths the corporate managers will go to give the Jeep some uniqueness, but truth be told, styling maybe the biggest difference among these platform mates. For the Jeep purest this may not be enough or even worse a serious detraction from the brand, but it is what it is folks. IMO most people are looking for a soft Jeep and purest will choose the real deal stuff. Think it is on target given the reality here.

AlexB

Reaction score
To be fair, it was Manley that said off roading was not as important to International Markets.

TripleT

Reaction score
To be fair, it was Manley that said off roading was not as important to International Markets.
Yet the models were modified by product experts too be able to be off-roaded, they called it best in class capability. This is unlikely as good as a Panda.

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
It depends on how they want to position Jeep. They are moving away from having every Jeep model be a great off-road vehicle. Look at the Wagoneer, Grand Wagoneer...
Arguably the Cherokee, Renegade and Compass also don't fit that image. As long as they have a couple of pure models that represent what a Jeep should be I believe everything is fine.

TripleT

Reaction score
It depends on how they want to position Jeep. They are moving away from having every Jeep model be a great off-road vehicle. Look at the Wagoneer, Grand Wagoneer...
Arguably the Cherokee, Renegade and Compass also don't fit that image. As long as they have a couple of pure models that represent what a Jeep should be I believe everything is fine.
Wagoneer is good off road, it just too Big for Off roading trails. Its expectation is too be Best in Class, but not trail rated because of size. This won't be as capable as the current Panda if they don't make Jeep specific suspension, skid plates, and rigidity changes.

Bottom Line Jeep and Alfa are more than styling. If your product planners don't get that then they shouldn't be in charge of the brands. What worked for Peugeot, Opel, Citreon ..... do not work for Alfa and Jeep... these brands are not as much about coach work but dynamics.

Thats a Jeep like this is a cowboy 1646311704666.png

Last edited:

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
I agree with that. But Alfa is already not going in that direction when they shelved the C segment RWD models.
As for Jeep, it seems that they don't care about brand dilution outside the US (just look at the Grand Commander in China, and the Commander in Latin America), but they are more careful with that in the US. They won't sell this on NAFTA so I don't believe you need to worry about more Jeep brand dilution over there.

JasonB

Reaction score
time to accept splitting north america jeep market from the rest of the world.
a small jeep should be able to keep pace with a panda 4x4.

farmers in africa and south america are using susuki 4x4 and willys 4x4,
time they get a proper small jeep 4x4 2022
Coffee%20Region%20-%204.jpg

TripleT

Reaction score
1646332294304.png
Here is a pretty good chart... All the vehicles at the bottom can be Styling exercises, Dodge and Alfa can share suspension and powertrain as they have similar missions. This is telling GSU? What the hell is that? Every brand needs CUVs, Jeep needs dedicated suspension, tire size, skip plates, ground clearance, approach and breakover, and all wheel drive systems.

AlexB

Reaction score
View attachment 6493
Here is a pretty good chart... All the vehicles at the bottom can be Styling exercises, Dodge and Alfa can share suspension and powertrain as they have similar missions. This is telling GSU? What the hell is that? Every brand needs CUVs, Jeep needs dedicated suspension, tire size, skip plates, ground clearance, approach and breakover, and all wheel drive systems.
GSU because Jeep is Stellantis only true global mass brand. Back in 2018 Manley did state not every Jeep needs all-wheel drive especially Internationally.

TripleT

Reaction score
GSU because Jeep is Stellantis only true global mass brand. Back in 2018 Manley did state not every Jeep needs all-wheel drive especially Internationally.
Not every Jeep has had all wheel drive, but every Jeep must have it available otherwise it just a styling exercise.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Not every Jeep has had all wheel drive, but every Jeep must have it available otherwise it just a styling exercise.
It should be standard on every BEV or PHEV Jeep as well. No excuses there for not having AWD.

iDrive

Reaction score
The little B-SUV won’t be sold in US because of the exPSA platform which is not US compliant.

But some rumors says that it weel be available in an AWD version thanks to exFCA Torino’s work.
I think this version will be BEV eAWD.

jorisr

Reaction score
The little B-SUV won’t be sold in US because of the exPSA platform which is not US compliant.

But some rumors says that it weel be available in an AWD version thanks to exFCA Torino’s work.
I think this version will be BEV eAWD.
According to Autovisie Imperato said to them that the new to be announced small Alfa will be based on the same base as this small Jeep.
We off course knew this for a long time.
However they also said that besides being offered as an pure BEV it will not be offered with a diesel engine but it will be offered with an electrified 4-cylinder engine.
As all the previous vehicles on eCMP were only available with a 1.2 3 cylinder puretech engine if you wanted a petrol engine this would be new to me.
I've seen rumours that this 2nd generation eCMP would be able to accept GSE engines but i had not seen confirmation of this.
As Tavares has announced many months ago that in Latin America the ex-PSA brands would adopt the GSE engines in the future it would seem to make sense to me.
It could help differentiate Jeep and Alfa to give them 4-Cylinder engines with higher power levels against the Opel, Peugeot, Citroen and Fiat versions that would offer only 3 cylinders.

pumadog

Reaction score
It would also make sense because the Tychy B-SUV project was startet before Stellantis.

Users who are viewing this thread