Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeep® Italy Releases Details On New Renegade & Compass e-Hybrid Models!

Jeep® Italy Releases Details On New Renegade & Compass e-Hybrid Models!​

Won't Be Available In North America, Just Yet...​

1644618464516.png

A couple of weeks ago, the Jeep® brand announced the introduction of its new e-Hybrid powertrain to be used in the Renegade and Compass models for the European market. As the Jeep continues to move forward towards offering an all-electric portfolio of its SUVs in the European countries of Germany, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal, and the Nordic region with its newest hybrid versions, offering a new alternative in the two-wheel-drive (4×2) segment.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but what's the pricing difference between the regular ICE, e-hybrid & PHEV version of these?

With the hilarity of gas prices recently, this would be an interesting replacement for our Prius, especially if you can get it in 4x4 with a windshield wiper defroster and a remote start system that doesn't turn off once you unlock the vehicle like Toyota does :rolleyes:

patfromigh

Reaction score
I think the Jeep models require more a expensive trim for the hybrid option.

Breaking news! The Fiat 500X and Tipo models now also offer the same hybrid power train option. The Fiat global website wasn't very clear on what trims the hybrid setup is offered on.

TripleT

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but what's the pricing difference between the regular ICE, e-hybrid & PHEV version of these?

With the hilarity of gas prices recently, this would be an interesting replacement for our Prius, especially if you can get it in 4x4 with a windshield wiper defroster and a remote start system that doesn't turn off once you unlock the vehicle like Toyota does :rolleyes:

Do you really need to remote start a PHEV, wouldn't a warm cabin option be better?

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Do you really need to remote start a PHEV, wouldn't a warm cabin option be better?

Perhaps.

Would need some way to get it warmed up after sitting outside in -20C and having a layer of ice all over it under a few inches of snow

TripleT

Reaction score
BEV systems are all Electric, my assumption are all PHEV environmental systems would also, so they function in only electric mode. Starting the engine only if the battery level requires it.

patfromigh

Reaction score
We had a PHEV Outlander brick at work. It was new with less than 25 miles on the odometer. The batteries had never been charged and showed near zero charge. The temperature was -10F, but someone brought it to the rental line with the A/C set on max. The ICE motor wouldn't kick in at all when a customer tried to start it and then also when I tried.. I had to guess my way through and after setting the HVAC to max heat and restarting a few times the ICE finally kicked in.

Some plugin vehicles need to be plugged in while pre-warming the interior and plugin hybrids will kick in when the HVAC needs the help under extreme temperature conditions. I couldn't plug in that Outlander at the line because all our electric outlets have BEVs using them. I had to send it to the operations base.

My employer is experimenting with all kinds of hybrids and battery electrics, because we have government bureaucrats breathing down our necks. So I and our customers are the unwitting guinea pigs in all this. That said, I would still own the right plugin vehicle if the opportunity arises. Top of my wish list is the rumored Abarth electric based on the Fiat 500e. Would Stellantis import that?

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

Starting Prices for Renegade in Italy...

Renegade ICE - € 21,068 / $23,942.67 USD / $30,398.93 CAD
Renegade eHybrid - € 28,450 / $32,331.92 USD / $41,050.38 CAD
Renegade 4xe - € 34,874 / $39,632.45 USD / $50,319.55 CAD

Compass ICE - € 28,831 / $32,764.90 USD / $41,600.13 CAD
Compass eHybrid - € 32,701 / $37,162.95 USD / $47,184.13 CAD
Compass 4xe - € 40,940 / $46,526.14 USD / $59,072.15 CAD

Users who are viewing this thread