Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ultimate 80’s Sleeper Wagon – The AMC Eagle Trackhawk:

The Ultimate 80’s Sleeper Wagon – The AMC Eagle Trackhawk:​

Why Not Hellcat One Of The 1980s Most Iconic Off-Roaders?​

1639499853306.png

In the 1980s, the American Motors Corporation (AMC) produced a compact four-wheel-drive (4×4) lineup of coupes, sedans, and wagons called the AMC Eagle. The lineup of compact 4×4 models would prove to be a popular option for those trapped in the snow-ridden states across the United States and was the only 4×4 passenger car produced in the country at the time and is widely recognized as one of the first crossover vehicles.

As the brainchild of Roy Lunn, the Chief Designer for AMC Jeep, the concept for the AMC Eagle was simple. Use the body and chassis from the compact AMC Concord and fit it with the Quadra-Trac 4×4 system from the Jeep® brand. The AMC Jeep team used two different inline-four-cylinder engines as well as a 4.2-liter inline-six-cylinder which made a robust 110 horsepower and 205 lb.-ft. of torque.

Last edited by a moderator:

justbekuz

Reaction score
Boy was I wrong! When the Eagle 4X4, the first Tauras Jellybean and the second generation Grand Cherokee were introduced, I asked myself 'what were they thinking?' Boy was I wrong!

cgseller

Reaction score
If this footprint was returned - would it compete in the Subaru market and is there enough interest to make it profitable ? Halo?
Would this be a Dodge or would it be Trail rated?
It would NOT fit good as a Chrysler IMO, nor Alfa.

Moparfanatic63

Reaction score
Tbh I'd be interested in this idea for my 1985 AMC SW. As auto keep everything stock on the inside with custom paddle shift mine is currently a auto with the 4.2L 258. That would be a awesome dream come true.

Users who are viewing this thread