Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LIVE: STELLANTIS Software Day 2021 Presentation -

cygnus

Reaction score
Looks like a cross between the Model 3 and Model Y.

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
Stellantis will grow its software and connected services business through 5 key pillars –

• Services & Subscriptions
  • Features On-Demand
  • Data As A Service & Fleet Services
  • Vehicle Pricing & Resale Value
  • Conquests, Service Retention & Cross-Selling

Today, Stellantis has 12 million monetizable connected cars globally. By 2026, this is expected to grow to 26 million vehicles and generate approximately €4 billion ($4.5 billion) in revenues and, by 2030, it will reach 34 million vehicles and approximately €20 billion ($22.57 billion) in annual revenues. Monetizable is defined as the vehicle’s first five years of life.

I hope this doesn't lead to nickel and dimming everything on the vehicles. I don't want to pay a freaking subscription to use features that should be available for free. If that's what they plan when they talk about "monetizable" connected cars they can go shove this where the sun doesn't shine. Services and subscriptions and Features On-Demand don't inspire any trust from me.
There's already an excessive proliferation of subscription services.

cygnus

Reaction score
When Carplay and Android Auto were added, that was all I ever needed/wanted. I don't need/want any of this additional stuff.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
I hope this doesn't lead to nickel and dimming everything on the vehicles. I don't want to pay a freaking subscription to use features that should be available for free. If that's what they plan when they talk about "monetizable" connected cars they can go shove this where the sun doesn't shine. Services and subscriptions and Features On-Demand don't inspire any trust from me.
There's already an excessive proliferation of subscription services.

Agreed!

I stopped subscribing to the uconnect guardian service in my Jeep because it was $35/month and it worked 50% of the time. Tech support was useless (just read of a script kind of deal)

When I park in the same parking spot every day at work, and I try to use the app on my phone from the same place in the office every day, and I have a 50% success rate, that is just not reliable. It would be slightly ok if it was free or included (like the useless traffic 5 year subscription) but after 12 months I'm paying for it directly out of pocket (unlike the 12 months that is buried in the vehicle purchase price)

Never mind how S L O W the app is to work.

Last edited:

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
When Carplay and Android Auto were added, that was all I ever needed/wanted. I don't need/want any of this additional stuff.
Let's see if they won't try to do like BMW dogs and charge a monthly subscription to use Carplay.
If they come with something like that I will rip the infotainment system off any car I buy in the future and install an after-market one.

That Chrysler Airflow concept looks really sweet though. And it seems like it is already a pre-production model.

Last edited:

patfromigh

Reaction score
This is just my opinion based on my personal tastes, but I think some of the DS and Citroen concepts are way over decorated. The interiors of some of the French production cars also have far out interior styling as well. Such things form the basis for my fears of what a production Chrysler Airflow would be like, but the exterior styling on this concept looks very toned down. Hopefully the driver won't need to insert a debit/credit card into the vehicle to start it before operating the thing.

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
Oh, the DS and Citroen definitely are overdecorated. It's hard for me to like their interiors because of it.

justbekuz

Reaction score
This post is to discuss everything surrounding Stellantis Software Day 2021... the event will take place December 7th, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. CET / 10:00 a.m. EST.

Boy I thought Stellantis was going to hit a homerun with the Airflow as the savior of the Chrysler name! Very discouraging as the new car will come out in the fall of 2025! So Chrysler after the demise of the 300 will only have a van in its lineup for the next three years! GEESH! And to boot, no ICE after 2028? discouraging

Users who are viewing this thread