Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mid-Level Ram 1500 Models Get New Grille Design For 2022 Model Year!

Mid-Level Ram 1500 Models Get New Grille Design For 2022 Model Year!​

New Grille Texture For Big Horn, Lone Star, & Canadian Sport Models...​

1635045878034.png

Now that the 2022 Ram 1500 has been landing on lots for the past few weeks, many of our readers have been messaging us to tell us about the new grille texture found on the Big Horn (also known as the Lone Star) models.

Last edited by a moderator:

ipa0628

Reaction score
According to the article, this grill is only available with the Pentastar. This makes no sense. I think this is the best looking grill on any of the DT's. Too bad the grills on these things are so hard to swap out, unlike the Classic. There would be a run on these for after market replacements if it wasn't so hard to swap out.
Maybe this is a preview of grill changes for the '23 refresh.

Last edited:

MoparRay

Reaction score
I'm amazed that Chrysler can and does so much to Jeeps and Rams relevant and won't invest a penny or 1 minute to do this for the 300!

TripleT

Reaction score
According to the article, this grill is only available with the Pentastar. This makes no sense. I think this is the best looking grill on any of the DT's. Too bad the grills on these things are so hard to swap out, unlike the Classic. There would be a run on these for after market replacements if it wasn't so hard to swap out.

May be a cooling issue.... @redriderbob does this model have the active shutters for the cooling. Cheap way to do the same is less openings for the V6, cheaper but would cause issues at higher cooling demands.

ts3x1

Reaction score
The Build & Price seems to show the new grill regardless of engine.

ipa0628

Reaction score
I looked at the picture of the chrome version of the grill on build and price. As much as I like the black version, the chrome looks too overdone when combined with the chrome brow.
Hopefully whenever the refresh comes, the brow goes to bad design heaven.

Users who are viewing this thread