Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here Is Everything You Need To Know About The 2022 Chrysler 300 Series!

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score

Here Is Everything You Need To Know About The 2022 Chrysler 300 Series!​

Chrysler's Halo Car Returns For The 2022 Model Year...​

1633737218038.png

The Chrysler 300 Series returns for the 2022 model year. The full-size E-segment sedan continues to showcase iconic American styling, blue-collar luxury treatments, and HEMI V8 performance. Despite its age, the Chrysler 300 Series continues to soldier on without much marketing and investment dollars spent on the large sedan.

So what is new for the 2022 Chrysler 300 Series?

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
Full disclosure-I owned a 2012 300 Limited and loved it. Sold it for my full asking price in one day. Never had a single issue, I loved it!
I see no reason in the world for not building 300s for years and years, just because some bean counters say sedans are dead, on life support maybe, but not dead. The import luxury brands keep building them. If there will be a whole new Charger and Challenger in a couple of years, then there must be a 300 too. People still are drawn to this wonderful car, so build it just like today on the same assembly line with the Dodges. Bet they will sell real well. Any takers?

EddyHernandez24

Reaction score
I would probably trade in my Charger Hellcat WB if they would drop the 392 in the 300. It is flat out my favorite car. I actually traded in my 2015 300s with the Hemi Engine for my Hellcat and I love everything about my car; but the 300 is my favorite car.
I hate that they have removed my two favorite colors for the 300 (Pearl White & Red) and that they also canceled the Red Interior. It's like they are making easy for everyone to chose another car. And they should also include the top of the line sound system in the 300s.
Gimme a Red 300 Super S with the 392 and I'm in!

EddyHernandez24

Reaction score
Full disclosure-I owned a 2012 300 Limited and loved it. Sold it for my full asking price in one day. Never had a single issue, I loved it!
I see no reason in the world for not building 300s for years and years, just because some bean counters say sedans are dead, on life support maybe, but not dead. The import luxury brands keep building them. If there will be a whole new Charger and Challenger in a couple of years, then there must be a 300 too. People still are drawn to this wonderful car, so build it just like today on the same assembly line with the Dodges. Bet they will sell real well. Any takers?
Same here. I had a 2015 300s with the Hemi and loved the car. The only that ever went wrong on the car was that the rear view camera went bad at 50k miles; but I had the 5/75 Extended Warranty, so it was covered.
Everyone builds sedans from the Germans, Swedes, Japanese and Koreans and they all sell well. We are the only ones that claim that sedans don't sell. Someone better tell Honda, Mazda, Nissan, Toyota, Hyundai, Kia, Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Volvo, etc. that 4 doors are out of style.

AlexB

Reaction score
It isn’t “Bean Counters”, it’s the market reality. With EV’s , mass sedans are dead.

AlexB

Reaction score
Same here. I had a 2015 300s with the Hemi and loved the car. The only that ever went wrong on the car was that the rear view camera went bad at 50k miles; but I had the 5/75 Extended Warranty, so it was covered.
Everyone builds sedans from the Germans, Swedes, Japanese and Koreans and they all sell well. We are the only ones that claim that sedans don't sell. Someone better tell Honda, Mazda, Nissan, Toyota, Hyundai, Kia, Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Volvo, etc. that 4 doors are out of style.
That’s misinformation. 1st Ferrari and Porsche are on a total different level than those other brands you mention.
Ford has took the same actions in sedans as FCA/Stellantis.
Hyundai+ Kia whom make less money than Stellantis is themselves dropping a number of passenger car models in the next 1-3 years.
Stellantis is the most profitable North American manufacturer with Mid-teen margins $12-$13 Billion of profit before the factors of interest +taxes.
People want 4 door Trucks, and CUV’s.

bill burke

Reaction score
That’s misinformation. 1st Ferrari and Porsche are on a total different level than those other brands you mention.
Hyundai+ Kia whom make less money than Stellantis is themselves dropping a number of passenger car models in the next 1-3 years.
Stellantis is the most profitable North American manufacturer with Mid-teen margins $12-$13 Billion of profit before the factors of interest +taxes.
SOME people want trucks, I certainly don’t, but they should be built for those that want them. The four door Charger sells exceptionally well and will be built for decades as a performance sedan. The 300 is designed and functions as an entry level luxury car and frankly exceeds many higher priced luxury imports in many ways, so there is clearly a substantial niche market for the 300. Don’t let the follow the bouncing ball sheep tell you different. With little refreshing for a decade, a zero dollar marketing budget, and an indifferent corporate attitude, the car still sells. Imagine if it had a refresh, a marketing budget and some enthusiastic supporters. As stated, no reason not to build a next generation 300. Oh, unless you follow that silly bouncing ball.

patfromigh

Reaction score
The reason the Charger and 300 survived while their competitors have passed on is they weren't given the "improvements" which killed so many other sedans. Neither was turned into a four door sports car with a huge console, head knocking roofline, and tiny trunk lid. The Ford 500/Taurus was given lots of attention and each fix made it worse and the sales slide continued. Impala sales tanked after GM made it "sportier". I don't know what the next generation of rear drive Mopars will be or even if a large Chrysler sedan will be in the mix. I don't want a tight interior with bad ingress/egress in a large sedan. People use to put up with that in small cars, but today crossovers offer excellent fuel economy along with generous interior space. People are pretty smart and knocking their head on the door frame of a sedan makes them even smarter.

If there is a next generation Chrysler 300, it had better have at least the same utility as the current one and offer hybrid options.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
It isn’t “Bean Counters”, it’s the market reality. With EV’s , mass sedans are dead.

I know plenty of people who would opt for a sedan over an SUV. Especially if it had AWD. Problem is they want more power. I'd even take a modern Magnum.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
The reason the Charger and 300 survived while their competitors have passed on is they weren't given the "improvements" which killed so many other sedans. Neither was turned into a four door sports car with a huge console, head knocking roofline, and tiny trunk lid. The Ford 500/Taurus was given lots of attention and each fix made it worse and the sales slide continued. Impala sales tanked after GM made it "sportier". I don't know what the next generation of rear drive Mopars will be or even if a large Chrysler sedan will be in the mix. I don't want a tight interior with bad ingress/egress in a large sedan. People use to put up with that in small cars, but today crossovers offer excellent fuel economy along with generous interior space. People are pretty smart and knocking their head on the door frame of a sedan makes them even smarter.

If there is a next generation Chrysler 300, it had better have at least the same utility as the current one and offer hybrid options.

Exactly, how much do you see the Charger marketed compared to the 300 over the past 6 years?

patfromigh

Reaction score
The Charger seems to get a lot of publicity. The 300 not so much, but I don't watch much TV. I watch the oldies channels and the local news. When I'm on YoutTube I see adds for various vehicle brands, but never for the 300.

The Charger is marketed as a muscle car, not a pony car. This is an important distinction. SRT cars are expensive, but still have a blue collar appeal to them. This rubs off on the more affordable Dodges like the GT trimmed ones. I think what hurt the other brands competitive sedans is the emphasis on being global. I am not a generic humanoid, I'm an American and want a design which speaks my language.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Now that I’ve driven an SUV for a while, I won’t go back to a sedan unless it’s a second vehicle. I absolutely love having the cargo space and not having to rely on friends to haul furniture and stuff for me.

MPE426HEMI

Reaction score
Beautiful car. Always was. I’ll take an AWD. I don’t care what other people want, they follow trends like sheep with mind control. Glad to see the 300 still alive. Don’t worry about the sedan situation, it’s like everything else you‘ve seen if you’ve been around long enough, the sedan cycle will return. As you can see, Kiundai and Toyota are betting on it.

AlexB

Reaction score
Beautiful car. Always was. I’ll take an AWD. I don’t care what other people want, they follow trends like sheep with mind control. Glad to see the 300 still alive. Don’t worry about the sedan situation, it’s like everything else you‘ve seen if you’ve been around long enough, the sedan cycle will return. As you can see, Kiundai and Toyota are betting on it.
No

TripleT

Reaction score

They are not.... Toyota got caught with it pants down and a lot of people lost their careers over it. They are not betting on anything they are trying to catch up.

MPE426HEMI

Reaction score
They are not.... Toyota got caught with it pants down and a lot of people lost their careers over it. They are not betting on anything they are trying to catch up.
Not sure about that. I like the fact that Toyota didn’t catch another break, but I don’t see them barrelling head over end in the SUV/CUV segment like kiundai is doing. I think they are trying to hold on for when the shift occurs and it will.

Users who are viewing this thread