Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet The 2022 Dodge Journey For The Mexican Market!

Meet The 2022 Dodge Journey For The Mexican Market!​

Chinese-Built GAC Trumpchi GS5 Underpins Dodge's Newest Crossover...​

1633387618150.png

Since its introduction to the market in 2009, the Dodge Journey had become a family favorite crossover for Mexican families. For 2022, the Journey returns in a totally new package thanks to the Stellantis’ Chinese connections with Guangzhou Automobile Group Co., Ltd (GAC) and their Trumpchi GS5. Instead of being the family-oriented three-row that everyone who was budget-minded loved, it is now a five-passenger two-row crossover.

Side Hill Gouger

Reaction score

Meet The 2022 Dodge Journey For The Mexican Market!​

Chinese-Built GAC Trumpchi GS5 Underpins Dodge's Newest Crossover...​

View attachment 5250

Since its introduction to the market in 2009, the Dodge Journey had become a family favorite crossover for Mexican families. For 2022, the Journey returns in a totally new package thanks to the Stellantis’ Chinese connections with Guangzhou Automobile Group Co., Ltd (GAC) and their Trumpchi GS5. Instead of being the family-oriented three-row that everyone who was budget-minded loved, it is now a five-passenger two-row crossover.

Side Hill Gouger

Reaction score
This is not a bad looking rig...would be even better if it was built in Canada or USA...Something is needed to compete with other car companies in this segment and this is a great start.

bill burke

Reaction score
Disagree, they did a poor job on the grill. If the upper surround were chrome, maybe,

bill burke

Reaction score
As to this new Journey, if it fills a viable gap in the market, great. But although it is generally well done, but not consistent for our domestic Dodge lineup. We await the Hornet.

Mike201

Reaction score
I am really mixed about this. I am not a big fan of slapping a Chrysler or Dodge badge on anything, but we have had a very, very big void in both the Chrysler and Dodge line up for years and starved for “new” products. Yes I have been a big advocate for rebadging in the past but I do have my limits. I think the 500 rebadged a Dodge Omni would have sold more than the Fiat 500. I think the Fiat Tipo (Mexican Neon) would have worked here when they killed the Dart. I also think BOTH the Brazilian Commander and the bigger China Commander both would be a good rebadge for 2 New Chrysler SUV/crossovers. I see what Buick is doing and can’t see why we can’t at Chrysler!!
But some of these off/non FCA brands just don’t cut it.
Back in the old days we crossed with Mitsubishi and formed Diamond Star. We built some pretty decent cars then, not great, but decent.
Dodge and Chrysler need help now, not 4 or 5 years from now. If you wait to much longer, there may not be much left to rebuild!
On this new Journey, I can see it being added to the US and Canada market as a low cost SUV/Crossover, very different from Jeep. Then we move up to the Hornet which will be bigger and hopefully more muscle for the Dodge brand. There is nothing wrong for keeping your stables full, something we have not seen in years with this company. For every vehicle you sell, it is one more sale than if you had no vehicles to sell at all. The Journey, Hornet and Durango would be 3 nice rides for the Dodge line up.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
This is not a bad looking rig...would be even better if it was built in Canada or USA...Something is needed to compete with other car companies in this segment and this is a great start.

No, it is actually a decent-looking vehicle. I feel the Dodge studio could have created something better, but for being a one market vehicle it makes sense to rebadge the Trumpchi. They already do it with the Dodge Attitude down there.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
I'm betting the journey was successful due to entry price 3row. This, most importantly, lacks the 3rd row

Users who are viewing this thread