Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CAUGHT: 2022 Fiat Strada Ranch With New CVT Transmission:

CAUGHT: 2022 Fiat Strada Ranch With New CVT Transmission:​

FIAT's Smallest Pickup, Looks To Be Getting An Aisin CVT...​

1633297282637.png

The second generation of the Fiat Strada has become something of a sales phenomenon since hitting the Brazilian market in July 2020. Over 40,000 units were sold during the first full month of sales, in the Brazilian market. The subcompact Sport Utility Pickup (SUP) has since taken the Latin American world by storm in both its form of the Fiat Strada and its rebranded Ram 700 persona.

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
Could this be the first step in launching, my call here, the Ram Pro Master City pickup in the states? Again, my call, sounds like a good possibility. If it goes well in Brazil, it can be brought here with confidence. My call. again.

patfromigh

Reaction score
The Strada is too small to play on our streets. The Toro shares the SUSW platform with the Jeep Compass and is a size larger. I suspect Ram is in a tough spot right now with our government regulators running amok. While we are used to thinking in terms of safety and emissions rules, small imported trucks also have to deal with the chicken tax. The feds have been on Ford's back pretty hard for the way the blue oval gang squeezed their Transit Connect through a loop hole. FCA sort of did the same thing with the ProMaster City.

What I'm going to say next really belongs in the "If I ran the Stellantis thread". I think Stellantis should follow Mercedes' lead and import knock down kits to the USA for the smaller vans. We only get a tiny fraction of the Doblo lineup sent here. If they sent the full Doblo (Ram ProMaster City) lineup our way we would get a chassis-cab and vans on two wheelbases with three roof heights. It is already setup for electrification offering under the floor space for batteries.

The Toro doesn't need to worry about the Chicken Tax because it only come as a crew cab. Ram can give it a standard bed cover and call it an SUV. To sell any of the Latin American products here Stellantis will need to open up a production line closer to our country.

Users who are viewing this thread