Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Production Starts On The New Chinese-Built 2022 Dodge Journey For Mexico!

Production Starts On The New Chinese-Built 2022 Dodge Journey For Mexico!​

New Midsized Five-Passenger Crossover To Hit Dealers In November...​

1633098330213.png

Making its debut in 2008, the Dodge Journey replaced the shorter-wheelbase Dodge Caravan in the brand’s lineup and put the brand into the growing crossover segment. It’s unique packaging allowed the Journey to offer a three-row midsize crossover layout at an affordable price. At first, the Journey’s flimsy and awkward interior design at the initial launch kept customers at bay. But when the 2011 model hit the market with a slightly updated exterior, upgraded powertrain, and a pleasant new cabin design that the Journey began a sales upswing.

TripleT

Reaction score
Trumpchi ...... one wonders if the Commander would have been too expensive?

Last edited:

Mopar392

Reaction score

bill burke

Reaction score
It’s fine for Mexico, but this Journey would muddle the Dodge performance image in North America. Funny how,from a global perspective, Dodge,Jeep and Ram follows a different path. Stellantis using American brand recognition for products that differ in many ways from our sense of those brands. Not sure if good or bad, but I’m wishing for new Dodges,Rams and Chrysler’s soon in pur domestic NA Market. Like real soon.

Mopar392

Reaction score
It’s fine for Mexico, but this Journey would muddle the Dodge performance image in North America. Funny how,from a global perspective, Dodge,Jeep and Ram follows a different path. Stellantis using American brand recognition for products that differ in many ways from our sense of those brands. Not sure if good or bad, but I’m wishing for new Dodges,Rams and Chrysler’s soon in pur domestic NA Market. Like real soon.
Why this Journey would make a bad Dodge and Chrysler??

bill burke

Reaction score
Why this Journey would make a bad Dodge and Chrysler??
Bad Dodge- lacks performance characteristics and styling of the Dodge image.Hornet coming.
Good Chrysler- Chrysler interior upgrade, styling changes such as new front grill and rear lights and it would be fine for desperate Chrysler. Nothing on radar it seems for Chrysler.
For all our brands here, it must prove build quality and reliability or it’s a bad for images.

TripleT

Reaction score
Maybe Commander is too stiff for Dodge’s sporty picture and dynamics
I don't think it is.... it tuned more for being driven in than rock climbing,

and Bill most people around the world don't know Dodge and Chrysler outside places like Australia

No its a Cheap Mexico market add, though you all would be surprised by China products today. Should stay in Mexico..... if they bring anything as a Chrysler it should be the Commander with the Chrysler caps that were already developed...

But broken record into bring some product for a division that already has a planned direction.

bill burke

Reaction score
I don't think it is.... it tuned more for being driven in than rock climbing,

and Bill most people around the world don't know Dodge and Chrysler outside places like Australia

No its a Cheap Mexico market add, though you all would be surprised by China products today. Should stay in Mexico..... if they bring anything as a Chrysler it should be the Commander with the Chrysler caps that were already developed...

But broken record into bring some product for a division that already has a planned direction.
Indeed, I have exhausted that argument. As to a decision on Chrysler, the only insight I see is the ten year commitment on brands, so somethings must be in the works I just need some clarity and a peak. There can be, should be, a viable plan for Chrysler as a brand, an American brand perhaps only, but that takes thought and commitment, but a plan does exist out there if given thought. My broken record is just my way of demonstrating the possibilities, if only a slim one, to get the program and thinking moving. I’d begin with a next generation 300 and a couple of spin-off SUVs. If they sell, good, if not, then I can morn in silence, no more records. Let’s not give up on Chrysler. Call me the Chrysler DJ.

BWS

Reaction score
I’ll make a prediction that we see this worldwide fascination with the two box suv bars of soap begin to wane soon. Good gosh , can they make these things any more generically interchangeable and boring? This could be anything, Kia Hyundai, Honda, Mitsubishi, Whatever.Just please don’t make it a Chrysler or Dodge in NA.

Mike201

Reaction score
I am really mixed about this. I am not a big fan of slapping a Chrysler or Dodge badge on any thing, but we have had a very, very big void in both the Chrysler and Dodge line up for years and starved for “new” products. Yes I have been a big advocate for rebadging in the past but I do have my limits. I think the 500 rebadged a Dodge Omni would have sold more than the Fiat 500. I think the Fiat Tipo (Mexican Neon) would have worked here when they killed the Dart. I also think BOTH the Brazilian Commander and the bigger China Commander both would be a good rebadge for 2 New Chrysler SUV/crossovers. I see what Buick is doing and can’t see why we can’t at Chrysler!!
But some of these off/non FCA brands just don’t cut it.
Back in the old days we crossed with Mitsubishi and formed Diamond Star. We built some pretty decent cars then, not great, but decent.
Dodge and Chrysler need help now, not 4 or 5 years from now. If you wait to much longer, there may not be much left to rebuild!

Oneep

Reaction score
Crossroad version of the Journey never had a 2.4l engine in the lineup. It. Only came with the 3.6 V6 and 6 speed automatic transmision

Users who are viewing this thread