Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeep® Partners Up With Wallace Detroit Guitar To Produce New Limited Edition Guitars!

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score

Jeep® Partners Up With Wallace Detroit Guitar To Produce New Custom Guitars!​

Made From Reclaimed Wood From The Historic Packard Plant...​

1632193377290.png

Music fans listen up! The Jeep® brand has partnered with Wallace Detroit Guitar, a company in which it manufacturers guitar bodies entirely from ethically sourced old-growth wood sourced from historic abandoned buildings in Detroit. Together with Cherrytree Music Company’s DETROIT DREAMERS, the trio is launching a multi-faceted marketing collaboration. The initiative will give Jeep fans and music enthusiasts the opportunity to pre-order a one-of-a-kind custom Jeep-themed guitar made from wood reclaimed from the historic Packard Plant in Detroit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeeprt

Reaction score
How about they stop with all this nonsense and focus on the product. Where is the two row GC? Are they waiting for 2024 to introduce the 2022 model ? I can't wait to see all three colors you can choose for your 60K truck. How about a decent engine for the Compass? They finally get smart and offer the 35" wheels on the Wrangler, but only on the high end models? Why not across the model lineup? How do they have the balls to charge more for a windshield that won't get destroyed by rocks because of its design? What, they don't charge enough for these vehicles that they can't have the decency to make it standard? This company gets more aggravating by the day.

No one cares about the overpriced guitars, boots, etc,

KrisW

Reaction score
Production on the 2-row GC is due to start on Monday; a good dealer should be able to place an order for you in October if you actually want one. Compass should have a 1.5 Turbo hybrid sometime early next year, but that doesn’t mean the 2.4 is dead... just that there’ll be something much better.

Mopar392

Reaction score
How about they stop with all this nonsense and focus on the product. Where is the two row GC? Are they waiting for 2024 to introduce the 2022 model ? I can't wait to see all three colors you can choose for your 60K truck. How about a decent engine for the Compass? They finally get smart and offer the 35" wheels on the Wrangler, but only on the high end models? Why not across the model lineup? How do they have the balls to charge more for a windshield that won't get destroyed by rocks because of its design? What, they don't charge enough for these vehicles that they can't have the decency to make it standard? This company gets more aggravating by the day.

No one cares about the overpriced guitars, boots, etc,

1- Do you understand something called marketing?
2- KrisW answered you for GC 2-row and Compass.
3- If you really need a 35", there is Mopar lift kit which allows you for 35" wheels. It might cost the same as the factory one. There also a lot of other aftermarket ones, with AEV being the closest to factory offering.
4- The Gorilla windshield is an accessory. You don't want or can't afford it, you don't have to purchase it.
5- I don't know what model in Jeep you are looking for exactly. You are all over the place.

Jeeprt

Reaction score
1- Do you understand something called marketing?
2- KrisW answered you for GC 2-row and Compass.
3- If you really need a 35", there is Mopar lift kit which allows you for 35" wheels. It might cost the same as the factory one. There also a lot of other aftermarket ones, with AEV being the closest to factory offering.
4- The Gorilla windshield is an accessory. You don't want or can't afford it, you don't have to purchase it.
5- I don't know what model in Jeep you are looking for exactly. You are all over the place.
1. Of course I understand marketing. but I also understand the difference between effective marketing and bad marketing. I don't think guitars and boots are going to generate sales, do you?

2. KrisW just proved my point. Is the availability of the two row a national secret ? The haven't even officially introduced it, but are taking orders? Absurd. What is their logic?

3. Your reply doesn't address the point I made. Jeep guys love the look of huge meaty tires. If it was an option on the Sport and they built some that way, you'd have some WOW on the lot at an affordable price. Whenever I seen a Wrangler decked out like that on a dealer lot, it attracts a tremendous amount of attention. But the price is north of 70K. And yeah a person can go the aftermarket route, but your average buyer isn't knowledgeable about that stuff and would probably be afraid to start modifying their new vehicle.

4. Anyone spending 40k -65k on a new vehicle can afford an additional $95.00 for the Gorilla windshield option. Again you miss my point which is that there is a known issue with windshield damage due to the upright nature of it and there is an inexpensive way to address the problem. These Jeeps are by no means cheap and it seems to me that it should be standard equipment, instead of an excuse to squeeze another hundred bucks out of loyal customers. Bad public relations.

5. I am not addressing any one model, I am referring to the Jeep brand as a whole and how I disagree with the way they have been doing thins lately. Their marketing is dismal and they need to dump who they are using and get a firm who can do the job effectively.

Hope this clears thing up !

AlexB

Reaction score
1. Of course I understand marketing. but I also understand the difference between effective marketing and bad marketing. I don't think guitars and boots are going to generate sales, do you?

2. KrisW just proved my point. Is the availability of the two row a national secret ? The haven't even officially introduced it, but are taking orders? Absurd. What is their logic?

3. Your reply doesn't address the point I made. Jeep guys love the look of huge meaty tires. If it was an option on the Sport and they built some that way, you'd have some WOW on the lot at an affordable price. Whenever I seen a Wrangler decked out like that on a dealer lot, it attracts a tremendous amount of attention. But the price is north of 70K. And yeah a person can go the aftermarket route, but your average buyer isn't knowledgeable about that stuff and would probably be afraid to start modifying their new vehicle.

4. Anyone spending 40k -65k on a new vehicle can afford an additional $95.00 for the Gorilla windshield option. Again you miss my point which is that there is a known issue with windshield damage due to the upright nature of it and there is an inexpensive way to address the problem. These Jeeps are by no means cheap and it seems to me that it should be standard equipment, instead of an excuse to squeeze another hundred bucks out of loyal customers. Bad public relations.

5. I am not addressing any one model, I am referring to the Jeep brand as a whole and how I disagree with the way they have been doing thins lately. Their marketing is dismal and they need to dump who they are using and get a firm who can do the job effectively.

Hope this clears thing up !
Nearly everything you are complaining about relates to John Elkann:
*John supports & have praise Jeep’s Marketing

*Since 2015, the direction of The Company is Jeep’s especially Wrangler underpriced along with other revenue opportunities (JK VS JL)

*This action with Guitars, RAM boots, Ferrari clothing:Ferrari Spring 2022 Menswear Collection
Is about Brand engagement.

*John Elkann is the largest shareholder of Stellantis and Ferrari as well both companies Executive & non-Executive Chairman

Nothing you can do about it!

Jeeprt

Reaction score
Nearly everything you are complaining about relates to John Elkann:
*John supports & have praise Jeep’s Marketing

*Since 2015, the direction of The Company is Jeep’s especially Wrangler underpriced along with other revenue opportunities (JK VS JL)

*This action with Guitars, RAM boots, Ferrari clothing:Ferrari Spring 2022 Menswear Collection
Is about Brand engagement.

*John Elkann is the largest shareholder of Stellantis and Ferrari as well both companies Executive & non-Executive Chairman

Nothing you can do about it!
Thanks for the info Alex. Very enlightening. Explains how Wranglers have gotten so damn expensive.
Hopefully Mr Elkann retires soon because he doesn't seem to understand that his Jeep customers are not all obscenely wealthy like himself or his Ferrari customers. Very few, if any, Jeep guys are interested in overpriced designer status symbols. We are a mud slinging, patriotic bunch. We don't wear clothes that cost more than an average home on a daily basis.

Mopar392

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Alex. Very enlightening. Explains how Wranglers have gotten so damn expensive.
Hopefully Mr Elkann retires soon because he doesn't seem to understand that his Jeep customers are not all obscenely wealthy like himself or his Ferrari customers. Very few, if any, Jeep guys are interested in overpriced designer status symbols. We are a mud slinging, patriotic bunch. We don't wear clothes that cost more than an average home on a daily basis.
Your opinion was really sound, which made Jeep decides to listen to you and release a factory 35” lift kit for a trim other than Rubicon

Users who are viewing this thread