Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Trucks Reduces The Complexity Of Its 2022 Ram 1500 Lineup!

Ram Trucks Reduces The Complexity Of Its 2022 Ram 1500 Lineup!​

Quad Cab Models Are Only Available On Tradesman & Big Horn Trims...​

1629844046106.png

As the RAM brand gears up for the production launch of its 2022 Ram 1500 pickup, our sister site 5thGenRams.com is now learning about the new methods that RAM is taking to ensure that production remains intact as the current semiconductor shortage continues. This includes RAM’s plan to reduce the complexity of its offerings for several models. So what can we expect?

patfromigh

Reaction score
So much for the Ram I would have wanted. Hopefully the gas V6 HFE package will still be available, which is the last DT model I can afford.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
There are some terrible "simplifications" wrapped up in this announcement.

No rambox on tradesman, loss of two tone, loss of protection group, loss of advanced safety (probably tied to chip shortage).

I'm assuming you still get protection group stuff if you select laramie + off road though, correct?

Hopefully tradesman rambox comes back once the classic ends production.

crouchta

Reaction score
I don't like them, but I understand the equipment changes due to the chip issue. But I don’t understand paint limitations (pigment availability?) or the lack of Rambox on Tradesman. It seems that might be the most logical trim to include it. I'm sure there are things behind the scenes driving these decisions.... I hope these are all short-term and at some point during the year the options can come back....

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
There are some terrible "simplifications" wrapped up in this announcement.

No rambox on tradesman, loss of two tone, loss of protection group, loss of advanced safety (probably tied to chip shortage).

I'm assuming you still get protection group stuff if you select laramie + off road though, correct?

Hopefully tradesman rambox comes back once the classic ends production.

Say:

Welcome mister Tavares!

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't like them, but I understand the equipment changes due to the chip issue. But I don’t understand paint limitations (pigment availability?) or the lack of Rambox on Tradesman. It seems that might be the most logical trim to include it. I'm sure there are things behind the scenes driving these decisions.... I hope these are all short-term and at some point during the year the options can come back....
All of this are things pushed by PSA.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
There is no "PSA" anymore.
Maybe but this is prime example of their way of thinking and some of the actions they've pushed on ex-FCA since the merger.
Ah yes. On another forum some people said that this measures will not be applied on FCA US. :ROFLMAO:

Besides PSA and FCA are still used on the "inside". To describe cost cutting practices. Most of the times it's PSA-

Some of the actions are not good for aspirational products.

AlexB

Reaction score
''LeCost'' Killing
We mention that a bunch of times @Bili

BWS

Reaction score
Maybe but this is prime example of their way of thinking and some of the actions they've pushed on ex-FCA since the merger.
Ah yes. On another forum some people said that this measures will not be applied on FCA US. :ROFLMAO:

Besides PSA and FCA are still used on the "inside". To describe cost cutting practices. Most of the times it's PSA-

Some of the actions are not good for aspirational products.
So this guy is taking a formula that has been successful beyond anyone’s wildest dreams and tinkering with it. Maybe they have a good opening at GM for him. He would fit in well there .

AlexB

Reaction score
So this guy is taking a formula that has been successful beyond anyone’s wildest dreams and tinkering with it. Maybe they have a good opening at GM for him. He would fit in well there .
Carlos is near retirement age (65 in August 2023)

Rustydodge

Reaction score
To answer my own concerns above

Advanced safety group for laramie appears to have already been reduced to only be auto headlights right now? But on Limited it still included all the items - which are now being dropped
1629985897488.png

Protection group items would be included in off road group. I guess now you have to bundle with electronic locker and some other offroad group stuff.
1629985420508.png
1629985436197.png

Attachments

• 1629985070553.png
    1629985070553.png
    104.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

pepreb

Reaction score
so how can you get heads up display on the laramie what package or can you still get on laramie also is 12 inch gone on all rebel models where can i get more info is there a official press release from RAM

Rustydodge

Reaction score
so how can you get heads up display on the laramie what package or can you still get on laramie also is 12 inch gone on all rebel models where can i get more info is there a official press release from RAM
HUD is part of the technology group, which I don't believe is impacted by this announcement. The online configurator does not appear to be updated yet to reflect the changes listed in the article.
1630503298889.png

ZukMyPlasmaInjector

Reaction score
Hi,
Are you kidding me, In my opinion every 4x4 should have the option to put on the protection package. (skid plates).
Try ordering a limited with the night edition package. In the end there is no way to put on skid plates.
A $80,000 4x4 with no belly protection. Who comes up with this stuff?
Thanks,
Zuk

Users who are viewing this thread