Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge Quickly Distances Itself From Australian Company Trying To Import Charger Pursuit:

Dodge Quickly Distances Itself From Australian Company Trying To Import Charger Pursuit:​

Australian Company Wants To Take Charger Pursuit, Down Under...​

1628037438489.png

Over the past several years, the Australian car market has been left with a giant hole with the absence of the highly popular Holden Commodore and Ford Falcon. Both General Motors (GM) and Ford have dropped their big sedan offerings from the market, with GM dropping out of the market all together. This left Aussie law enforcement scratching their heads, trying to figure out what they would replace their aging Australian fleets with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike201

Reaction score
Looks like Mother Mopar has dropped the ball once again. Here is their chance to pick up some good sales, yet they turn their backs. Australian Police need cars. They seem to love the 300’s they are currently running. So why not replace the RHD 300’s with some RHD Chargers? We are not talking about a dozen cars, I am sure county wide were talking a few hundred. Here in the US, CHP replaced their Explorers with about 300 Chargers. Sounds like this could happen in Australia. So instead of letting a conversion company take your car and convert it, then you not back it or even have ties to this, build the damn cars yourself and sell them to any PD in Australia that wants them. To turn your backs on this is shameful!!!

Sickboy

Reaction score
Has (mopar brands) ever supplied law enforcement vehicles to Australia? I believe their foot print there is like Land Rover is here (US). It would be a logistical nightmare if LR supplied enforcement vehicles in the states, the need for parts, service training, specialty tools, and any kind of logistical infrastructure would be cost prohibitive. It would be best for Australia if their top selling brand(s) provided their law enforcement vehicles

cjonmichael

Reaction score
Looks like Mother Mopar has dropped the ball once again. Here is their chance to pick up some good sales, yet they turn their backs. Australian Police need cars. They seem to love the 300’s they are currently running. So why not replace the RHD 300’s with some RHD Chargers? We are not talking about a dozen cars, I am sure county wide were talking a few hundred. Here in the US, CHP replaced their Explorers with about 300 Chargers. Sounds like this could happen in Australia. So instead of letting a conversion company take your car and convert it, then you not back it or even have ties to this, build the damn cars yourself and sell them to any PD in Australia that wants them. To turn your backs on this is shameful!!!
6.4l 300?? Whaaat!? Australia was lucky to get that, usa didnt:( 300 r.i.p.in your gansta lean

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Has (mopar brands) ever supplied law enforcement vehicles to Australia? I believe their foot print there is like Land Rover is here (US). It would be a logistical nightmare if LR supplied enforcement vehicles in the states, the need for parts, service training, specialty tools, and any kind of logistical infrastructure would be cost prohibitive. It would be best for Australia if their top selling brand(s) provided their law enforcement vehicles

Dodge has a dealer network with the Jeep brand. The brand sold the Journey there for a number of years before pulling out.

BWS

Reaction score
Put that 6.4 in the 300 here in US market . I will be the first on the order list.

Users who are viewing this thread