Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FIAT Is Bringing The 500e To The Western Hemisphere On August 3rd:

FIAT Is Bringing The 500e To The Western Hemisphere On August 3rd:​

Brazil Will Launch The Model First...​

Fiat500eBrBanner.png

As the FIAT brand continues to set the Brazilian market on fire, the Italian brand is adding one of its most iconic vehicles to the Brazilian lineup. We first learned about the addition of the new electrified 2022 Fiat 500e city car, from our friends at Autos Segredos. It will mark the first time that the new battery-electric vehicle (BEV) city car will be offer west of the Atlantic Ocean.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: jgb

patfromigh

Reaction score
The Fiat brand dominates the market in Brazil. Their marketing team obviously knows what works in that country. I sincerely hope we get the new 500 in the US, but with a total rethinking on how to market Fiats here. I would like to see the lower line trims sold here as well as the high line trims. Fiat has built a lot of goodwill among EV enthusiasts with just a handful of 500e compliance cars. The brand needs to build on that reputation and walk away from being a boutique brand.

Last edited:

bill burke

Reaction score
Fiat, the brand, can have a profitable presence in North America, but there is much to be done to make that happen. One step would be to offer the electric 500. It may not be a huge sales leader, but it has much more of an appeal factor than the original 500 as an urban car. The problem is product, more and diverse. It exists, it is successful elsewhere, but not sold here. If you don’t try, how can you succeed? Time to reinvent Fiat and the place to begin is in their own global portfolio. Fiat is on life support here, what do they have to lose?

Reactions: jgb

patfromigh

Reaction score
Look at what the old Chrysler Corp did with Mitsubishi. Some models were badge engineered as Dodge and Plymouth models. In the 1980s they were sold as "imported for Chrysler". There was never a separate showroom. Some Mitsubishi engines were used in Chrysler products and rear drive Mitsubishi vehicles used a Chrysler built Torqueflite transmissions during the 1970s.

Many urban dealers would be happy to sell the electric Fiat. Adding too many Fiat models could become problematic, because it would then compete against other Stellantis brands. If there is a production Centoventi model it should definitely be sold here.

Right now, the electric Mini is gaining traction in North America. This is due to a number of reasons. First, it has a low price (for an EV). Next, It comes across as a real car and not as a college lab experiment. Finally, battery electric drive makes a lot of sense in a city car. I hope someone at Stellantis is paying attention to this. Fiat messed up by following Mini as a boutique brand. Opening up Fiat to all CDJR dealers will allow Fiat to pass Mini. The new 500e is the better vehicle.

AlexB

Reaction score
The Fiat brand dominates the market in Brazil. Their marketing team obviously knows what works in that country. I sincerely hope we get the new 500 in the US, but with a total rethinking on how to market Fiats here. I would like to see the lower line trims sold here as well as the high line trims. Fiat has built a lot of goodwill among EV enthusiasts with just a handful of 500e compliance cars. The brand needs to build on that reputation and walk away from being a boutique brand.
I think FIAT brand in the U.S. could copy the ideas PSA was planning with Peugeot U.S. relaunch but all EV.
I can see the Compass becoming the smallest Jeep in the U.S. allowing for a FIAT CUV to take its place.

jgb

Reaction score
I have been waiting for the Fiat 500e to make it here and I will go anywhere in the U.S. to purchase one. I have a 2012 Fiat 500 and love it, but I'm ready for the new electric model! I hope we will be given an opportunity to purchase one soon! They should definitely give it a go here and I agree, offer high end and low end to give consumers a choice.

chantal.deeble

Reaction score
I am anxiously awaiting the Fiat 500e - I’ve been driving a 2012 Fiat 500 for 5 years and I love it, but very much want to go electric. When I heard there is a Fiat 500 electric model I got so excited - but no word yet on ‘when’ (positive thinking) it will come to the US. Does anyone know how it’s been doing in Brazil? When the Japan launch is?

Users who are viewing this thread