Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Might Be Seeing Jeep® Grand Wagoneers Heading To Dealers Next Week!

We Might Be Seeing Jeep® Grand Wagoneers Heading To Dealers Next Week!​

Our Sources Say Wagoneers Could Be Heading To Dealers Very Soon...​

1627508523633.png

As one of the most highly-anticipated launches for the Jeep® brand in over a decade, the return of the iconic American nameplate (Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer) marks a jump for the brand to the large premium SUV segment. While the Jeep brand itself will continue to cover the North American mainstream SUV market, the new Wagoneer sub-brand will focus just on one segment.

Last edited by a moderator:

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
They are showing up on Autotrader.ca now as "coming soon"

Mopar392

Reaction score
I think the Grand Wagoneer is the first example of when we said the 6.4HEMI is going to get more expensive and exclusive.

bill burke

Reaction score
Once Jeep is set, and that is critical, it is time for Stellantis to turn its attention and resources to Dodge and importantly to Chrysler. That too is critical.

GT_PLUS

Reaction score
Saw both the new Jeep Wagoneer and the Grand Wagoneer Series III at the Chicago Auto Show on July 17th. While both were beautiful vehicles, the Wagoneer was like $75K, and the Grand was $103K+. OUCH! Plus, I'm seeing on the Jeep build site that ALL paint colors, maybe other than bland white, are now a $595 option! Plus, on the Grand Wagoneer, one option was for some bright metal on the interior as an "extra" cost. When you are competing with other vehicles in this price range, ALL paint colors need to be included at no extra cost, with maybe the exception of ONE special color, not the other way around. And, all interior dress up should be standard, with only options like the rear seat DVD system, maybe an upscale sound system, sunroof, and a few others. Otherwise, customers will no longer consider a Jeep over other luxury SUVs in this price range. Don't get me wrong, I think they are gorgeous vehicles. I just want to see them succeed.

I also tried to compare feature/price of the new Grand Cherokee L model versus my 2021 Dodge Durango GT Plus. The Durango comes out a much better buy. I realize the Durango is based on an older design with a refresh for 2021, but a similarly equipped AWD V6 model in the Jeep is pricier.

bill burke

Reaction score
Saw both the new Jeep Wagoneer and the Grand Wagoneer Series III at the Chicago Auto Show on July 17th. While both were beautiful vehicles, the Wagoneer was like $75K, and the Grand was $103K+. OUCH! Plus, I'm seeing on the Jeep build site that ALL paint colors, maybe other than bland white, are now a $595 option! Plus, on the Grand Wagoneer, one option was for some bright metal on the interior as an "extra" cost. When you are competing with other vehicles in this price range, ALL paint colors need to be included at no extra cost, with maybe the exception of ONE special color, not the other way around. And, all interior dress up should be standard, with only options like the rear seat DVD system, maybe an upscale sound system, sunroof, and a few others. Otherwise, customers will no longer consider a Jeep over other luxury SUVs in this price range. Don't get me wrong, I think they are gorgeous vehicles. I just want to see them succeed.

I also tried to compare feature/price of the new Grand Cherokee L model versus my 2021 Dodge Durango GT Plus. The Durango comes out a much better buy. I realize the Durango is based on an older design with a refresh for 2021, but a similarly equipped AWD V6 model in the Jeep is pricier.
I’m right with you on this one. I saw the same pricing gymnastics on the new Grand Cherokee while looking to replace my leased 2019 Cherokee and that paint thing turned me off, big time. I just bought my Cherokee off lease last week. No extra cost for all the features in my Overland that are extra on the GC. I’m not going for it, not now, they have to paint the darn thing anyway, no thanks Jeep.

AlexB

Reaction score
Once Jeep is set, and that is critical, it is time for Stellantis to turn its attention and resources to Dodge and importantly to Chrysler. That too is critical.
Dodge is getting plenty of attention, in focused brand direction that Sergio gave it: Performance with EV Spending.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score

The volume models are comparable. A Durango GT AWD with black wheels, blind spot monitor, and leather added is $41,350 after incentives right now. A Grand Cherokee L Altitude 4WD with no incentives is $43,890. The Grand Cherokee has the advantage of having a more modern interior, wireless phone charger with wireless CarPlay and Android Auto, and standard advanced safety features like adaptive cruise control and lane departure warning.

The Overland and Summit are much more expensive than a Durango Citadel but they are also a completely different level of vehicle. Far more luxurious than anything offered by Dodge.

peejaey

Reaction score
I found the Grand Wagoneer Obsidian edition on Twitter (I don't own this picture) and thought of sharing it here. Not many as seen them on flesh. Blacked out looks stealthy!20210521_154526.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike201

Reaction score
Jeep is limiting their sales at these prices. 75-100k for a little extra luxury? Don’t want to live in it just drive it. Jeep is and has been known for 4WD and off roading. This is crazy. My wife has a ‘17 Cherokee and loves it. Her only complaint is not enough room in the rear, but for what we paid and got, well with it. I am looking to trade in my Charger for a larger SUV, and have looked at the Durango and Grand Cherokee. Bang for my buck is the Durango. Not that dated for what you get for the money!!

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Me too, but I hope the GME-T6 is more of an addition to the lineup rather than a replacement; especially I’d the rumored HEMI update/upgrade is true.
It should replace the Hemi IMO. A $100k+ vehicle is no place for the 6.4L Hemi. The engine must be more advanced.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
The volume models are comparable. A Durango GT AWD with black wheels, blind spot monitor, and leather added is $41,350 after incentives right now. A Grand Cherokee L Altitude 4WD with no incentives is $43,890. The Grand Cherokee has the advantage of having a more modern interior, wireless phone charger with wireless CarPlay and Android Auto, and standard advanced safety features like adaptive cruise control and lane departure warning.

The Overland and Summit are much more expensive than a Durango Citadel but they are also a completely different level of vehicle. Far more luxurious than anything offered by Dodge.

TIL that if you don't get the 10.1" screen in the Durango, you still get Uconnect 4? (According to Dodge.com, so that could be wrong)

Mopar392

Reaction score
It should replace the Hemi IMO. A $100k+ vehicle is no place for the 6.4L Hemi. The engine must be more advanced.
Sad but true.
But we’ll have to wait and see which HEMI is getting an upgrade and hopefully not Ram’s versions only.

BWS

Reaction score
Dodge is getting plenty of attention, in focused brand direction that Sergio gave it: Performance with EV Spending.
What atttention? Three models running on 20 year old chassis and borrowed time. The core real MOPAR has received no attention for years. Now there is talk of EV coming. Proof will be when they show up. Yes Dodge and Chrysler are so overdue some cash infusion and models it is laughable. Two once proud brands almost driven to the point of extinction.

AlexB

Reaction score
What atttention? Three models running on 20 year old chassis and borrowed time. The core real MOPAR has received no attention for years. Now there is talk of EV coming. Proof will be when they show up. Yes Dodge and Chrysler are so overdue some cash infusion and models it is laughable. Two once proud brands almost driven to the point of extinction.
First please don’t turn this thread into a “Dodge” thread (Challenger and Charger had have significant updates and special packages while Chevy Camaro 6 Gen been a flop).
Second EV Day is more than just “talk”, it was a Financial Securities Presentation that showed the serious investment & technologies being rolled out through out Stellantis.

The EV Day presentation highlighted Dodge’s continue role as a performance brand,with strong results with brand image as well Gen Y. Dodge brand is far from extinction, and Jeep is the main brand in North America

Lastly, what ties the Grand Wagoneer , models like the Gladiator together with dropping certain models such as Dart/200 is the 2015 Direction of generating higher pricing + 10%(and greater) EBIT Margins (profit before interest and taxes).
The 2015 direction obviously have the backing of John Elkann.
We see an example of the 2015 direction on Tuesday with the financial release of the first 6 months of North America finances in 2021.

Mopar392

Reaction score
First please don’t turn this thread into a “Dodge” thread (Challenger and Charger had have significant updates and special packages while Chevy Camaro 6 Gen been a flop).
Second EV Day is more than just “talk”, it was a Financial Securities Presentation that showed the serious investment & technologies being rolled out through out Stellantis.

The EV Day presentation highlighted Dodge’s continue role as a performance brand,with strong results with brand image as well Gen Y. Dodge brand is far from extinction, and Jeep is the main brand in North America

Lastly, what ties the Grand Wagoneer , models like the Gladiator together with dropping certain models such as Dart/200 is the 2015 Direction of generating higher pricing + 10%(and greater) EBIT Margins (profit before interest and taxes).
We see an example of the 2015 direction on Tuesday with the financial release of the first 6 months of North America finances in 2021.

I agree with you, but dropping Dart/200, which are NA market only, was a result of a market change. Sedans are no longer profitable as much as their crossover counterpart.

Dart/200 weren't competitive in their own segments to justify their continuation. Could they have been given a chance? Yes, sure. But it is a risk.

BWS

Reaction score

Dropping unprofitable models is fine. They should have been replaced with new models for the brand that were relevant to the current market. This goes for Dodge and Chrysler. Say what you will, the core Mopar brands, the reason the namesake of this forum exists, have had scant investment in 20 years and , yes, are near extinction. Chrysler is about one more product cycle from gone.

patfromigh

Reaction score
The namesake of the forum is Mopar Insiders . The insiders part of the name is important because some of the people running this website are privy to the goings on in this corporate beast. There has been a lot of investment in the core brands. As someone who is not an insider, but worked in the automobile industry for 25 years, and then only to move to the legal/regulatory side for ten more, I have somewhat of an understanding of the way things work.

FCA invested in the 200 and Dart sedans, the market collapsed, but they don't get their money back. FCA bet on clean diesels, VW caused dieselgate and the market for that went down the drain. FCA didn't get their money back. Before Fiat and Chrysler could become FCA, Fiat had to spend money cleaning up the mess others had left, such as new interiors for the existing sedans and a lot fixing under the hood. That's where the money goes. There has been a lot of investment in facilities. Do you know about Kokomo and Tipton? Most know about the new plant in Detoit, but there are all sorts of investments going into mundane production lines which don't share the limelight.

Users who are viewing this thread