Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UNPLUGGED: 2008 & 2009 Dodge Circuit EV Sports Car:

UNPLUGGED: 2008 & 2009 Dodge Circuit EV Sports Car:​

The Lotus-Based Dodge Electric Sports Car That Almost Made It...​

1626471316778.png

Over the past week, the Mopar world has been abuzz with the recent Dodge//SRT announcement of producing an electrified muscle car in 2024. There have been both pros and cons to the announcement in the Mopar community. While the supercharged HEMI era may be ending, the internal combustion engine (ICE) era is not.

Yes, there will still be HEMI engines and even the introduction of a turbocharged inline-six engine, but the Dodge brand will be featuring electrification throughout the lineup. This includes mild-hybrid (mHEV), plug-in hybrid (PHEV), and battery-electric (BEV) vehicles. While the “petrol heads” are somewhat upset, many tend to forget that the Dodge brand actually came close to bringing an electric car to market a decade ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
These were very attractive cars and on the cusp of technology at the time. Of course something like this would sell in the future electric market. Dodge is making the right decision in blending the past,the future and Dodge performance culture into product most fans will be happy with, very happy I predict.Refer to my early post on the “plan” for a very broad speculative take on that future. Seriously, in that speculation, much truth or fact may be found. If not me, Dodge surely has a plan. Thankfully, Hemi power is part of the speculative Mopar Willy and Dodge’s very real plan.

Users who are viewing this thread