Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The New Jeep® Grand Wagoneer Is The Face Of The Stellantis U.S. Headquarters:

The New Jeep® Grand Wagoneer Is The Face Of The Stellantis U.S. Headquarters:​

Stellantis Kicks Off The 4th Of July With A New Look To It's Headquarters...​

1625370987691.png

Every few months, the Auburn Hills, Michigan headquarters of Stellantis gets a new look with a wrap on the building’s 15-story tower. Many in the Metro Detroit area noticed that workers were taking down the last wrap which featured the MotorTrend “Truck of the Year” winner, the Ram 1500 TRX on Friday. Overnight, a more patriotic look was installed celebrating the return of the 2022 Jeep® Grand Wagoneer nameplate to the lineup.

Jeeprt

Reaction score
I still can't imagine how much money Jeep gave up by waiting until 2022 to have a full size offering. I wonder how much money GM made off the Tahoe/Suburban and Ford made off the Expedition in the last 20 years. If anyone knows, I'd like to hear it. The product planners of the last three decades should shot for being total morons.
I think they are way too late to the party and will loose out as gas prices are going to go through the roof as a way to force everyone into electric vehicles and make the politicians with all the related stocks richer.

Jeeprt

Reaction score
I still can't imagine how much money Jeep gave up by waiting until 2022 to have a full size offering. I wonder how much money GM made off the Tahoe/Suburban and Ford made off the Expedition in the last 20 years. If anyone knows, I'd like to hear it. The product planners of the last three decades should shot for being total morons.
I think they are way too late to the party and will loose out as gas prices are going to go through the roof as a way to force everyone into electric vehicles and make the politicians with all the related stocks richer.
And I know they have hybrid/electric versions in the pipeline, but I don't think it will help much considering the bleak outlook for the economy and middle class. I hope I'm wrong.

AlexB

Reaction score
A: There’s no three decades of product .
Daimler & Cerberus was out in 2009 when current management took over(Exor,Manley & Palmer and others) .
Originally , the Grand Cherokee redesign was going keep the same underpinnings while a new 3-row product base on those same underpinnings was going to compete with larger Range Rovers.

But as we into 2016, FCA took notice of how strongly GM Full Size were performing (as you rightfully mention) not just in sales but in price, so FCA canceled those above product programs (Range Rover competitor).

In place was a longer model cycle for Grand Cherokee, with the resign Grand Cherokee being on Alfa underpinnings, new Grand Cherokee L (3 row), and Full-size American Body-On Frame Wagoneer along with Grand Wagoneer.

AlexB

Reaction score
And I know they have hybrid/electric versions in the pipeline, but I don't think it will help much considering the bleak outlook for the economy and middle class. I hope I'm wrong.
Target is Yukon sales volume, as well the audience more “well-off” middle class (think Nordstrom).

Users who are viewing this thread