Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EPA Numbers For 2022 Jeep® Grand Wagoneer Models, Hit The Internet!

EPA Numbers For 2022 Jeep® Grand Wagoneer Models, Hit The Internet!​

Will There Be A Grand Wagoneer 4x2 Model?​

1624430299178.png

Yesterday, several sites reported that U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) had released the first fuel economy numbers on the all-new 2022 Jeep® Grand Wagoneer (WS). While the website states that the numbers are for the Grand Wagoneer and not the standard Wagoneer, it means numbers reflect the new premium SUV’s 6.4-liter HEMI V8 found in vehicles like the Durango SRT392 and Grand Cherokee SRT.

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
Fuel mileage numbers in a huge SUV is of interest to story starved media people, not the buyers of these vehicles. Buyers know clearly that fuel economy is not even on the radar when shopping this SUV class, it’s all about image. The media will find a story line about anything, but this is a message that will fall on deaf ears. I believe that buyers will respond to this article with a loud and clear”who cares!!!” A story about how outrageous the luxury, the mammoth size, the impression at the valet parking station, the excess of it all, now that matters.

Hemi_Dart

Reaction score
No engine development for 11 years for the 6.4 and the 5.7 is 13 years. The styling is aweful, especially the rear quarter glass. Still No aluminum block or Direct Injection. What a joke.

AlexB

Reaction score
No engine development for 11 years for the 6.4 and the 5.7 is 13 years. The styling is aweful, especially the rear quarter glass. Still No aluminum block or Direct Injection. What a joke.
Inaccurate to say no development, there been refinement and updates to those engines. Hence the market disagrees with your “joke” given RAM sales.

There’s always the PHEV version.

patfromigh

Reaction score
I'm behind the wheel of a lot of different vehicles on a daily basis, since I work for a fleet. The fuel economy and drivability of many of the new vehicles featuring many of the advances are terrible. I find a lot of hard starting and rough running in vehicles having direct injection. They are running on the Atkinson cycle and extremely leaned out. Such performance reminds me a those Carter two-barrel carburetors with leaky floats found under the hoods of many Chrysler products during the 1970s.

I'm not surprised the fuel economy in a vehicle having a three ton curb weight and a nearly 500 hp engine to move all that bulk sucks down gasoline. Back in the day, my 1972 Chrysler T&C got 9 mpg with the 440 it had. People are seeing mid to high twenty miles per gallon in Chrysler Pacifica minivans with the Pentastar V6. The equivalent GM and Ford V6 engines with direct injection don't do as well.

Today there a those that don't buy that much gasoline for their vehicle. The have plugin hybrids. I suspect the Grand Wagoneer will acquit itself when ( if ) a P2 hybrid becomes available.

Users who are viewing this thread