Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windsor Is Back Up Next Week, Two Other Plants Will Go Idle:

Windsor Is Back Up Next Week, Two Other Plants Will Go Idle:​

Semiconductor Shortage Hits Plants Again...​

1624654963305.png

According to The Detroit News, production at the Windsor Assembly Plant (WAP) will resume after a lengthy period of downtime due to the global semiconductor shortage. The plant manufacturers the award-winning Chrysler Pacifica and Chrysler Voyager (also known as the Grand Caravan in Canada) minivans. The WAP plant is expected to continue with two shifts starting on Monday, July 5th.

bill burke

Reaction score
Perhaps it’s political, but this shortage fully demonstrate the necessity of US industry to have control over their vital supplies. To outsource to foreign sources these vital industries weakens our nation and weakens our development and manufacturing know how, it costs Americans jobs. I am sure this outsourcing had an effect on the bottom line, but now we are seeing the actual residual result and the false economy in that policy. The real bottom line, it is a temporary savings and frankly, unpatriotic. Not good.
I agree, a cooperative venture by American industries to bring these assets back home is imperative, smart and the right thing to do.

BWS

Reaction score
Perhaps it’s political, but this shortage fully demonstrate the necessity of US industry to have control over their vital supplies. To outsource to foreign sources these vital industries weakens our nation and weakens our development and manufacturing know how, it costs Americans jobs. I am sure this outsourcing had an effect on the bottom line, but now we are seeing the actual residual result and the false economy in that policy. The real bottom line, it is a temporary savings and frankly, unpatriotic. Not good.
I agree, a cooperative venture by American industries to bring these assets back home is imperative, smart and the right thing to do.

BWS

Reaction score
You are right on Bill. I have predicted this calamity in the making for years. Wow, hundreds of thousands of lost sales due to lack of production! Across many corporations. It will be interesting and heart wrenching to see financial results for 2021.

Mike201

Reaction score

Mike201

Reaction score
Amen Bill! If we can build cars in America, then we can make what goes in them. The “Big 3” need to team up and make their own computer chip like they make seats and other things that go into cars. There is no excuse for this. When you depend on forigen goods, you are taking a big chance at them holding you hostage, like what’s going on now!!!

TripleT

Reaction score
Isnt this around summer shutdown anyway??? Canadians take all there vacation in the next 3 months

BWS

Reaction score
Isnt this around summer shutdown anyway??? Canadians take all there vacation in the next 3 months
What would that have to do with the 64,000 units of production already lost? What does the vacationing habits of the Canadians have to do with this story???

AlexB

Reaction score
What would that have to do with the 64,000 units of production already lost? What does the vacationing habits of the Canadians have to do with this story???
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Scheduling of production.
COVID shut down for Stellantis was significant more drastic especially in North America.So on year over over basis there will be a substantial improvement given they been able to produce Wrangler/Gladiator (and mostly) RAM DT.

TripleT

Reaction score
Take it Easy Francis....

It is a Union Shop, Canadians are still going to want to vacation. ESPECIALLY THIS YEAR.

If you can time your Chip allocation around the typical yearly shutdown you minimize the effect on production volumes. Planned down is always 1000% better then unplanned.

You do realize Windsor is in Canada? Right?

BWS

Reaction score
Take it Easy Francis....

It is a Union Shop, Canadians are still going to want to vacation. ESPECIALLY THIS YEAR.

If you can time your Chip allocation around the typical yearly shutdown you minimize the effect on production volumes. Planned down is always 1000% better then unplanned.

You do realize Windsor is in Canada? Right?
Oh Windsor is in Canada? Didn’t realize this . You have to be the most brilliant, timely, quick witted forum babbler around. Thanks again for bringing all my oversights to mind. Tell me, where did you learn about the Canadian Union Shop rules and regs? And your insight into Canadian vacationing tendencies is fascinating.

BWS

Reaction score
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Scheduling of production.
COVID shut down for Stellantis was significant more drastic especially in North America.So on year over over basis there will be a substantial improvement given they been able to produce Wrangler/Gladiator (and mostly) RAM DT.
Going back to my original post , what are you talking about? Speak English. I’ll try to follow you. Can’t follow the babble so much

AlexB

Reaction score
Going back to my original post , what are you talking about? Speak English. I’ll try to follow you. Can’t follow the babble so much
The fact you would call Scheduling of production” babble “ means you are simply uneducated on how a vehicle manufacturer makes money. Nor do you understand the concept of what a “Year over Year” comparison is.

Also you are go off topic which was about a Canadian plant

BWS

Reaction score
The fact you would call Scheduling of production” babble “ means you are simply uneducated on how a vehicle manufacturer makes money. Nor do you understand the concept of what a “Year over Year” comparison is.

Also you are go off topic which was about a Canadian plant
Let’s see, they make money by selling their cars for more money than it cost to produce them. And year over year would be comparing one year to the next consecutively. I passed my test. Now if we can get you to write with less run on sentencing and correct grammar we will be all set.

TripleT

Reaction score
Oh Windsor is in Canada? Didn’t realize this . You have to be the most brilliant, timely, quick witted forum babbler around. Thanks again for bringing all my oversights to mind. Tell me, where did you learn about the Canadian Union Shop rules and regs? And your insight into Canadian vacationing tendencies is fascinating.
Well instead of worrying about peoples Grammar a proven sign of a narcissist, How about posting something that shows a bit of critical insight into how a plant schedules and operates. Your inane posts show that your either ignorant to understand these issues or your just post silly stuff to get a rise out of people.

Nothing last 2 years would have nothing that would impact capacity? :D :D :D

Throw your line at All other moPAR sites.

BWS

Reaction score
Well instead of worrying about peoples Grammar a proven sign of a narcissist, How about posting something that shows a bit of critical insight into how a plant schedules and operates. Your inane posts show that your either ignorant to understand these issues or your just post silly stuff to get a rise out of people.

Nothing last 2 years would have nothing that would impact capacity? :D :D :D

Throw your line at All other moPAR sites.
Again your word usage indicates a struggle with mastery of the English language. Write in complete sentences please. I will not go to other moPar sites, unless of course as just decide to do so. You preached about how this wasn’t “one of those sites “, but as I read your posted over several weeks I find that , in fact, you are one of the worst trolls of all. Apparently you find it impossible to resist sarcasm and gouging at every other reader who has has opinion. You are always picking. And of course the worst troll indicator of all, you have to get that last word in. So let’s hear it troll. What’s next

TripleT

Reaction score
Again your word usage indicates a struggle with mastery of the English language. Write in complete sentences please. I will not go to other moPar sites, unless of course as just decide to do so. You preached about how this wasn’t “one of those sites “, but as I read your posted over several weeks I find that , in fact, you are one of the worst trolls of all. Apparently you find it impossible to resist sarcasm and gouging at every other reader who has has opinion. You are always picking. And of course the worst troll indicator of all, you have to get that last word in. So let’s hear it troll. What’s next
So your stalking me, creepy. I vote you the official pro-reader and Grammar police. Thanks for your contribution.

Last edited:

AlexB

Reaction score
Let’s see, they make money by selling their cars for more money than it cost to produce them. And year over year would be comparing one year to the next consecutively. I passed my test. Now if we can get you to write with less run on sentencing and correct grammar we will be all set.

Actually if you didn’t have your head stuck up your “grammar “ you would have understood the COVID-19 shutdown was way bigger impact than chip shortage for Stellantis.
Because chip shortage is lower impact than COVID-19, on a YEAR-OVER-YEAR COMPARISON Stellantis 2021 1st Half will show significant financial improvement from FCA-PSA 2020 1st Half.

Therefore your original post in this thread stating “wrenching to see financial results for 2021” is one idiotic post, as well off topic from Stellantis.

Finally, there’s no “We”, or”we will be all set” between me and a troll like you.

Last edited:

AlexB

Reaction score
Now move forward by moving the thread back :).
Windsor once this chip shortage passed, the plant needs new product. Maybe Midsize Truck on STLA Mid.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread