Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordering For The Updated Fiat Ducato Commercial Is Now Open!

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score

Ordering For The Updated Fiat Ducato Commercial Is Now Open!​

Updated Interior, Engine Lineup, ADAS, and Uconnect 5...​

1621745035043.png

The FIAT Professional brand is continuing to celebrate the 40th anniversary of its halo vehicle, the Fiat Ducato. While the Ducato full-size commercial van is the best-selling light commercial vehicle and motorhome chassis in the European marketplace, FIAT Professional is ready to unveil its mid-cycle action (MCA) of its Ducato to the public.

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
I see no reason why most of these improvements, both engineering and styling will not be given to Ram. These Ram vans are quite popular and with all these updates, should be even more so in a competitive market. Happy about those new headlights and electrical systems. Hope the electric van is also offered, should sell well enough to justify. I can see more Rams coming with the merger in pickup and commercial applications.

patfromigh

Reaction score
IMO, the production capacity for the Ram ProMaster, at Saltillo Van Assembly in Mexico, should be expanded. The ProMaster isn't offered in passenger versions like its European cousins are. At this moment the only drivetrain offered in the ProMaster is the Pentastar V6 with the ancient 62TE six speed automatic transmission. If the Chrysler Pacifica minivan offers a hybrid, it shouldn't be that difficult to offer that drivetrain in the ProMaster. It would be nice if the Pacifica's AWD setup could be adopted to the larger van as well.

The Ducato, Peugeot Boxer and Citroen Relay are built as glider kits so their battery electric drivetrains can be installed elsewhere. Stellantis doesn't use the term "glider" but that's what it is. There are a few companies already offering electric vans based on the Ram ProMaster. The Saltillo built ProMaster should also offer a similar glider to make things easier for the after market conversions, in addition for Ram's own manufacturing needs. Even if Ram offers their own EV drivetrain, if someone else can offer a better setup, let them. (I don't know if building glider kits is still legal in the US.)

I know it's quite a wish list i have offered, but I would like to see the ProMaster rise to the top. I know Ram can't match the Ford vans in production capacity, but Ram shouldn't settle for second best.

Last edited:

bill burke

Reaction score
IMO, the production capacity for the Ram ProMaster, at Saltillo Van Assembly in Mexico, should be expanded. The ProMaster isn't offered in passenger versions like its European cousins are. At this moment the only drivetrain offered in the ProMaster is the Pentastar V6 with the ancient 62TE six speed automatic transmission. If the Chrysler Pacifica minivan offers a hybrid, it shouldn't be that difficult to offer that drivetrain in the ProMaster. It would be nice if the Pacifica's AWD setup could be adopted to the larger van as well.

The Ducato, Peugeot Boxer and Citroen Relay are built as glider kits so their battery electric drivetrains can be installed elsewhere. Stellantis doesn't use the term "glider" but that's what it is. There are a few companies already offering electric vans based on the Ram ProMaster. The Saltillo built ProMaster should also offer a similar glider to make things easier for the after market conversions, in addition for Ram's own manufacturing needs. Even if Ram offers their own EV drivetrain, if someone else can offer a better setup, let them. (I don't know if building glider kits is still legal in the US.)

I know it's quite a wish list i have offered, but I would like to see the ProMaster rise to the top. I know Ram can't match the Ford vans in production capacity, but Ram shouldn't settle for second best.
Seems to me your more well informed on this topic, but we fundamentally agree that this van, sold as a Ram, has much untapped potential in the US marketplace. The Pro Master clearly has found a good audience, not only in fleet sales, but in small tradesman businesses and this improved version can do better, especially if the electric model is sold here by whatever means necessary and production is increased. I also feel that Ram is evolving into a global brand and that Brazil has the potential to bring compact pickups and other commercial products to the North American market quickly and economically that can no longer be ignored. As we agree, Ram has much untapped potential and growth to be had in our marketplace if done intelligently.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
ProMaster will get a massive revamp next year. We should be seeing a lot of the Ducato's stuff coming to the U.S. and Canada including electric options and exclusive stuff for Amazon. Thats right, Rivian won't be the only one building vans for Amazon.

keithwwalker

Reaction score
It frustrates me to no end that the USA market ProMaster while built in Saltillo does not currently offer the Ducato front end, a diesel option or manual gearbox option, while the Mexican Ducato does.
If they sold the new Ducato in USA, I would buy it in a second.

patfromigh

Reaction score
The Mexican Ducato is imported from Europe. Don't expect a manual gearbox in the USA. I'm hoping for a plugin hybrid.

Users who are viewing this thread