Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FIAT Brazil Reveals Its New Name For The New “Project 363” SUV:

FIAT Brazil Reveals Its New Name For The New “Project 363” SUV:​

With Over 228,000 Votes, Pulse Is The Newest Name For FIAT's Newest Vehicle...​

1622750460101.png

After pulling the wraps off its new “Project 363” SUV on the finale of Big Brother Brazil 2021 (BBB21), the FIAT Brazil team launched a social media campaign to find a new name for its latest vehicle. Three names were purposed – Domo (House), Tuo (Your), or Pulse. Over the past two months, 380,000 votes were cast on FIAT Brazil’s dedicated page for the Project 363 vehicle and yesterday the automaker finally released the winning choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rdodgedartman

Reaction score
After pulling the wraps off its new "Project 363" SUV on the finale of Big Brother Brazil 2021 (BBB21), the FIAT Brazil team launched a social media campaign to find a new name for its latest vehicle. Three names were purposed - Domo (House), Tuo (Your), or Pulse. Over the past two months, 380,000 votes were cast on FIAT Brazil's dedicated page for the Project 363 vehicle and yesterday the automaker finally released the winning choice.
Should sell in USA as a new Chrysler model.

patfromigh

Reaction score
Too small for the USA. I can't remember what the platform is called, but it is a size smaller than the SUSW. The Fiat Tipo and Jeep Renegade are SUSW we don't need to get any smaller than that on US highways.

That smaller platform has supported an incredible number and variety of different vehicles, hatchbacks, sedans, wagons, pickup trucks and vans. Now we are seeing crossovers ans a small SUV. I would love to see that variety on the SUSW platform, but with US bound products.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
All true. But the LATAM Fiat products look so much better than most of the European based ones

bill burke

Reaction score
All true. But the LATAM Fiat products look so much better than most of the European based ones
I agree, the Brazilian design team seems very talented. Your comment also affirms my statement that to not take advantage of this resource and their resultant product is wastefully redundant for our North American operations. Perhaps this SUV does not fit our market, but there could be a Ram or Jeep or most important, a Chrysler hiding under our noses in Brazil. Sadly, the future of a Chrysler brand rests fundamentally in what comes out of Europe, China or Brazil if the resources are not given to Chrysler to do its own in house rebirth.

patfromigh

Reaction score
The styling from Latin America has really hit its stride. There is very little down there that is sized for our driving conditions, but with the size and reach of Stellantis, I would think they could harness the talents of employees from around the globe to give us a decently styled and well engineered product to sell as a Chrysler in North America.

DUV.jpeg

The is the three row Jeep based on the Compass sold here.

Stephen345

Reaction score
I agree, the Brazilian design team seems very talented. Your comment also affirms my statement that to not take advantage of this resource and their resultant product is wastefully redundant for our North American operations. Perhaps this SUV does not fit our market, but there could be a Ram or Jeep or most important, a Chrysler hiding under our noses in Brazil. Sadly, the future of a Chrysler brand rests fundamentally in what comes out of Europe, China or Brazil if the resources are not given to Chrysler to do its own in house rebirth.
Bill, you are quite correct. I am in Australia and I can see potential in a few Brazilian vehicles that might even suit us e.g. the Fiat Toro could make for a nice little Ram ! Thank goodness that we can buy a Ram 1500 that is "remanufactured" locally to RHD, although it comes at a premium price, but still awesome to see !

Users who are viewing this thread