Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is FIAT Bringing Its New Electrified 500 City Car West Of The Atlantic?

Is FIAT Bringing Its New Electrified 500 City Car West Of The Atlantic?​

Electrified FIAT Coming To Brazilian Market...​

1620664324407.png

There still may be a chance for the FIAT brand to bring the third-generation electrified Fiat 500 to the United States. According to reports from our friends at Auto Segredos, the FIAT brand is bringing its new electrified city car to the country of Brazil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jgb

bill burke

Reaction score
Is there anyone even seriously considering giving Fiat a shot at survival in North America or has that ship sailed and no one yet has turned the lights off? I spent time this morning presenting my thoughts on Fiats new Brazilian crossover and its logic at contributing to rebuilding the brand and the potential for Ram to also tap that Brazilian well for a couple of compact trucks. Now the 500 electric is headed to the friendly environment of Brazil when in further reflecting on Fiat, this outstanding, frankly revolutionary vehicle could be just the Fiat, along with all these gems from Brazil to revitalize the brand. In my opinion the new 500 is so special, so accomplished that to hide it in Latin America, along with the other vaunted products from Fiat is without logic. I’d stage such a party, such a bash with these Fiats in the North American market, it would make or break the brand here. One way or the other we will know if we have to turn out the lights once and for all. Right now the Fiat situation is painful, so do we party or not.

SonettIII

Reaction score
Is there anyone even seriously considering giving Fiat a shot at survival in North America or has that ship sailed and no one yet has turned the lights off? I spent time this morning presenting my thoughts on Fiats new Brazilian crossover and its logic at contributing to rebuilding the brand and the potential for Ram to also tap that Brazilian well for a couple of compact trucks. Now the 500 electric is headed to the friendly environment of Brazil when in further reflecting on Fiat, this outstanding, frankly revolutionary vehicle could be just the Fiat, along with all these gems from Brazil to revitalize the brand. In my opinion the new 500 is so special, so accomplished that to hide it in Latin America, along with the other vaunted products from Fiat is without logic. I’d stage such a party, such a bash with these Fiats in the North American market, it would make or break the brand here. One way or the other we will know if we have to turn out the lights once and for all. Right now the Fiat situation is painful, so do we party or not.
I would definitely be in the market for one, assuming the pricing is not too crazy. I will be retired in a year or two and won't need a full-range vehicle any more.
It's also stylish enough that I can see it being a perfect choice for Maserati and Alfa owners considering buying a car for their kids, etc. A good fit in the showroom next to its Italian big brothers.

bill burke

Reaction score
I would definitely be in the market for one, assuming the pricing is not too crazy. I will be retired in a year or two and won't need a full-range vehicle any more.
It's also stylish enough that I can see it being a perfect choice for Maserati and Alfa owners considering buying a car for their kids, etc. A good fit in the showroom next to its Italian big brothers.
Your reply kind of confirms my opinion, there is life left in Fiat in North America and this amazing and yes stylish 500 should lead the renaissance of Fiat. I must however disagree on one point, Fiat should not share showroom space with either Maserati or Alfa Romeo, it should stand or fall on its own and not sully the prestigious intentions of its cousins from Italy, especially if most of its new product will be sourced from Brazil and electrified from day one. FCA inticed potential Fiat dealers with the additional promise of selling Alfa Romeo vehicles in their showrooms. Big mistake, especially as Alfa Romeo seems to be catching on currently and Fiat is sinking like a rock. Truthfully, I would close all the Fiat dealerships for three months, move or minimumly augment as many as practical Alfa Romeo dealerships to Maserati and then revamp everything and relaunch the brand from the ground up. I can’t help but believe this is best for both brands. Of course existing dealers will fight this, that is one big reason why the shut down and full electrification availability optional on every Fiat is key to this plan.

Last edited:

patfromigh

Reaction score
...there is life left in Fiat in North America and this amazing and yes stylish 500 should lead the renaissance of Fiat.

I agree. Fiats should be sold in CDJR showrooms following the example of the way Mitsubishi vehicles were sold in Chrysler, Plymouth and Dodge showrooms in the 1970s and 80s.

I doubt the new Fiat 500 electric will be built in Brazil, it will only be sold there. Fiat should sell that model here as well.

A number of CDJR dealers, outside the compliance car states, have taken it upon themselves to meet the training and service requirements for handling the original Fiat 500e. These dealers in the other sales regions have never sold the 500e as new vehicles, but do sell the used off-lease models. The original Fiat battery electric compliance car, despite its limited sales total, has developed a cult following. Like an older personal computer, older EV technology tends to be cheap and so the off-lease Fiats are very affordable. The affordability factor allows access to many different demographic groups, including young beginning drivers. The Bosch driveline package has proven to be very reliable and durable.

The new Fiat 500 battery electric is a few generations ahead of the original compliance car. The newer Fiat 500 will be practical for a much larger pool of buyers, because the California bound original was limited in production, availability and battery range. The newer 500 has a less cramped interior as well.

Let the new Fiat 500 take the lead, but quickly follow up with the rumored 4-door B-segment BEV. I don't know where the Fiat Centoventi concept falls in the scheme of things, but I would love to see that concept come to life and sold in North America. That is a project Fiat should use the resources of their Brazilian styling and design center to help create.

jgb

Reaction score
I still own my 2012 Fiat 500 and would love to purchase the new electric Fiat 500!!! I was so excited when I found out they were making the new electric Fiat and then equally disappointed when I found out they weren't going to be sold in North America. I am holding out on purchasing a new vehicle in hopes that I will get the opportunity to purchase the new electric Fiat! Please, please let it happen!!!!

jgb

Reaction score
Yes!!! Bring on the Fiat party to North America!!

TripleT

Reaction score
Both my girl would consider one, even a ICE one. But they can't stand on their own, if that was a criteria Chrysler would have been killed years ago. They should be sold at every CDJR in good standing. The idea that a $20K car could sustain a dealership was always nonsense. Even Mini who the fired launch person copied can't anymore and it is a proper B segment vehicle.

Offer the Electric car here and the Panda..... while they are at it the Tipo also.

Users who are viewing this thread