Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FIAT’s “Project 363” Crossover Has Been Unveiled:

FIAT’s “Project 363” Crossover Has Been Unveiled:​

Latin American Crossover, Will Hit Market In September...​

1620309790217.png

FIAT Brazil has officially pulled the covers off of its all-new “Project 363” crossover, during the finale of Big Brother Brazil (BBB21). The new Argo-based crossover is the latest vehicle from FIAT’s successful LATAM team, which has been cranking out a lot of successful products for the brand’s Latin America portfolio including the all-new Fiat Strada and updated Fiat Toro pickups.

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
OK, let me see if I got this right. Fiat has one of the worlds most modern development and manufacturing facilities and is selling their products in record numbers in Brazil and in North America, were none of these products are offered Fiat can’t give away what they now sell, is there something wrong with this situation? Maybe some genius like me would think about bringing these outstanding Fiats here. How about a compact Toro as a Ram? You say MoPar Willy is no genius, your right, but neither are the folks at Fiat who have resisted this idea for some reason. I believe to ignore the talent and potential of Latin American resources in bringing affordable Stellantis products to our markets needs close examination. Seems like a no brained, but as already stated, Willy is no genius.

Tony K

Reaction score
OK, let me see if I got this right. Fiat has one of the worlds most modern development and manufacturing facilities and is selling their products in record numbers in Brazil and in North America, were none of these products are offered Fiat can’t give away what they now sell, is there something wrong with this situation? Maybe some genius like me would think about bringing these outstanding Fiats here. How about a compact Toro as a Ram? You say MoPar Willy is no genius, your right, but neither are the folks at Fiat who have resisted this idea for some reason. I believe to ignore the talent and potential of Latin American resources in bringing affordable Stellantis products to our markets needs close examination. Seems like a no brained, but as already stated, Willy is no genius.
EPA regs and NA FMVSS may have something to do with it. NA/EU regs are more stringent than what is financially saleable would allow in the southern hemisphere other than most Commonwealth nations.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's face it... the Ralph Gilles run LATAM design studio builds some good-looking products that look like they could succeed more in North America than the Italian-designed products.

1620310289667.png

1620310228507.png

1620310355795.png

1620310495479.png

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Put a Chrysler badge on the front and back of it and (modify it to meet all regulations for NA) and sell it here?

justbekuz

Reaction score
Put a Chrysler badge on the front and back of it and (modify it to meet all regulations for NA) and sell it here?
HMMMM..... Seems like it would be a consideration for the next Journey?

patfromigh

Reaction score
The vehicles built on whatever the platform the Argo, Mobi and Strada use is too small to be marketable north of the Rio Grande. The Toro on the other hand, shares much with the Jeep Compass and is built on the same platform.

Some of us are still hoping for a small Chrysler based on the Fiat Fastback concept from a few years ago. The Toro already has a Ram cousin and should be sold here. To be successful here a hybrid option will be needed, but the Jeep platform mates still don't offer that option in our market.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
The vehicles built on whatever the platform the Argo, Mobi and Strada use is too small to be marketable north of the Rio Grande. The Toro on the other hand, shares much with the Jeep Compass and is built on the same platform.

Some of us are still hoping for a small Chrysler based on the Fiat Fastback concept from a few years ago. The Toro already has a Ram cousin and should be sold here. To be successful here a hybrid option will be needed, but the Jeep platform mates still don't offer that option in our market.

1620317667172.png

1620317728511.png

1620317760958.png

1620317792861.png

Now this is the kind of FIAT that should be sold in North America

bill burke

Reaction score
HMMMM..... Seems like it would be a consideration for the next Journey?
Nice suggestion, but oh my goodness NO. Journey replacement must be built off new RWD platform and be a performance SUV like the Porsche. Now, that is not to say that that Toro, properly modified to meet regulations and North American necessities, would not be the idea your looking for. As you suggested and I agree, it is time to get these Fiats to local dealers and a compact truck to Ram. Indeed it is time,

Users who are viewing this thread