Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis Employee Killed In Accident At Sterling Stamping Plant:

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score

Stellantis Employee Killed In Accident At Sterling Stamping Plant:​

UAW Mourns A Loss Of One Of Their Own...​

1619209332240.png

In a report from the Macomb Daily, a worker at the Sterling Stamping Plant, died earlier this week after a machine fell onto him. The 2.74-million-square-foot plant located in the Detroit suburb of Sterling Heights, Michigan manufactures stampings and assemblies for a number of popular Stellantis vehicles including the Ram 1500, Ram 1500 Classic, Dodge Durango, Jeep® Grand Cherokee, Chrysler Pacifica, Chrysler Voyager, and Chrysler Grand Caravan.

Last edited by a moderator:

TripleT

Reaction score
Stamping and die cast plants are extremely dangerous places.

chry3d

Reaction score
I worked at that plant back in the late 70's. I was a large press operator. Local 1264. I remember when I started how scary the large presses were. Once we were cleaning up the place for an inspection and the overhead crane would lift up a large die and people would walk under it and clean things. I thought no way am I walking under that. Then in those days it was not required to wear ear protection. Believe me a stamping plant is a place where you NEED ear protection. I graduated to Chrysler management after I got out of college. I always thought that it would be a good thing were managment to have actually worked at a plant as I did.

Users who are viewing this thread