Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge CEO Talks About The Future Of SRT With Autoweek:

Dodge CEO Talks About The Future Of SRT With Autoweek:​

Electrification Is A "Great Thing For SRT"...​

1618715364263.png

Back in February, we discussed the newly formed Stellantis group’s decision to disband the Street & Racing Technology (SRT) division. While a lot of people refused to read into the details, the SRT lineup is alive and well. The SRT engineering team has since been reorganized within the company to work on high-performance vehicles across the new company’s fourteen different brands.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mopar392

Reaction score
Well, they can eTorque and eBoost every engine as long as they keep the V8.

Imagine a 392 V8 with an eBooster for even faster of the line acceleration or a Hellcat with an additional electric supercharger.

I know I’m crazy.

cygnus

Reaction score
The issue though is the V8 is going to get much more expensive. There is no way around this with the current regulatory environment.

What they're going to attempt is to have offering with smaller displacement, with electric boost, that meets or exceeds the current performance, at a similar price point of what you get for an R/T today.

But V8s are a cultural thing. I don't know if the above strategy will work with Dodge fans with the volumes they expect per vehicle platform. That's why the next L platform will most likely to include an SUV offering, to increase overall next generation L platform sales to make up for lower sales of next generation Charger/Challenger sales, since the V8 will no longer be offered for less than $40K or so USD.

Do we even know if next generation L platform is Giorgio Global? I figure it has to be.

Last edited:

TripleT

Reaction score
GG is not a Platform.... it is a architecture

V8 in a Omni would be awesome.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
GG is not a Platform.... it is a architecture

Yes, and according to ex-FCA platform is family of architectures. So it's not the same as platform under the old Chrysler.

Giorgio is family of architectures. We can look at it as Giorgio and descendent architectures. Usually, and it's not just an FCA, higher end segments and price points have more unique parts which of course means more dedicated development. Lower end products which are usually on transverse engine FWD architecture have more sharing.
Even the all mighty VAG is doing or did it that way. MQB is modular and a lot of sharing. MLB with longitudinal engine for bigger and more pricey cars is according to them "ehm, not so modular".

vbondjr1

Reaction score
Honestly, I would seriously trust Dodge to deliver on it's high performance SRT electric vehicles. I'm truly not a fan of electric but I would trust that Dodge would continue making great electric performance cars. What I would expect from SRT would be the very best in electric performance in every aspect, especially sound. Dodge still knows how to stir the soul when it comes to the sound of a performance car and I think that they'd continue on that. I could see the next generation of electric performance vehicles. Hopefully the Dodge SRT electric vehicles will incorporate the core sound of the Viper V10 engine with 8-speed Dual Clutch transmissions behind their electric motors with styles and designs that will still excite like the Mopar vehicles we have today.

patfromigh

Reaction score
Does anyone else remember the Dodge Circuit concept car? It was unveiled in 2009. While that concept was based on a Lotus, I can't help but wonder what Stellantis has done with the Alfa 4C tooling.

Users who are viewing this thread