Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peugeot Launches Its New Sporty 308 Hatchback With PHEV Technology:

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score

Peugeot Launches Its New Sporty 308 Hatchback With PHEV Technology:​

Aggressive Looks, Massaging Seats, & Ability To Run On Electric-Only...​

3078340-qhtcjau4b2-scaled.jpg

The Peugeot brand has pulled the covers off of its all-new third-generation Peugeot 308, one of the brand’s most popular vehicles. The new family hatchback is set to take on the likes of the Volkswagon Golf when it goes on sale in the EMEA region and other various global markets. The current model won European … (read full article...)

thatjerryguy

Reaction score
Just don't expect anything even remotely based on this for Chrysler or Dodge, since new boss Stellantis seems to have decided they will continue to ignore both.

bill burke

Reaction score
Welcome... but no true... I know of 5 new dodge, 4 Minimum.... 2 to 3 entirely new models.
I do hope your right. There is a back door way to re-enter the North American market for our new French partners. Reskinned, rebadge and make their vehicles Chrysler’s. Build them in the plant that now builds Jeep Cherokees that must move to a downsized Jeep Grand Cherokee platform built on the same assembly line. No way Dodge and Chrysler goes away.

Archknight

Reaction score
Welcome... but no true... I know of 5 new dodge, 4 Minimum.... 2 to 3 entirely new models.
I thought Dodge was to remain RWD performance? Wouldn't anything FWD based be a Chrysler model? Although, if they stretched the wheelbase of this an inch, gave it a shooting brake (VW Scirocco) look with AWD and the 2.0T eTorque, I'd be happy to take one. Chrysler is itching to be the answer to mid tier premium and entry level luxury, just give it the product.

TripleT

Reaction score
I do hope your right. There is a back door way to re-enter the North American market for our new French partners. Reskinned, rebadge and make their vehicles Chrysler’s. Build them in the plant that now builds Jeep Cherokees that must move to a downsized Jeep Grand Cherokee platform built on the same assembly line. No way Dodge and Chrysler goes away.
I can tell you right now there is NO ROI for a full plant implementation for Chrysler, People mistakenly think this is cheap it is not, it is a major cost association to changing the carrier, building the local supplies.... they could make the same Jeep to infinity with a better ROI. The back door is make them where they already have made this investment and import it. And again just because it exists doesn't mean there is documentable ROI for implementation. Dodge is easy.... Chrysler is quandary.... something that runs in Belvedere and Windsor without major investment is slim chance... Imported is the best.......

I hope that keep that ugly Duckling in the EU

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Just don't expect anything even remotely based on this for Chrysler or Dodge, since new boss Stellantis seems to have decided they will continue to ignore both.

There is stuff coming for both brands soon. Dodge is already hard at work on the new Charger (LF) and Challenger (LB) as well as a new SUV.

patfromigh

Reaction score
The Chrysler brand needs someone who is in charge more than it needs new product. I don't want to see Chrysler go the way of Saturn. The brand needs to have a direction and stick to it. The wrong product can be worse than no product.

The ProMaster City is probably the best example of Badge engineering in our market today. The grill and badges were changed, the tires, suspension, engine and transmission were all matched to our driving conditions. Ironically, the 2.4 Tigershark and 9-speed auto performs better in the PMC than any other FCA product sold here with that same combo. If TOFAS did the same thing with the Tipo that they did with the Doblo, the Chrysler brand could have a winning vehicle. That said, it better be something our market wants, which means no sedans or small hatches. Tall hatches such as the Honda HRV seem to do well.

Archknight

Reaction score
There is stuff coming for both brands soon. Dodge is already hard at work on the new Charger (LF) and Challenger (LB) as well as a new SUV.
These models are all supposed to revealed as '23MY right? Even more curious of the SUV, would it be a compact model or something else entirely?

TripleT

Reaction score
The Chrysler brand needs someone who is in charge more than it needs new product. I don't want to see Chrysler go the way of Saturn. The brand needs to have a direction and stick to it. The wrong product can be worse than no product.

The ProMaster City is probably the best example of Badge engineering in our market today. The grill and badges were changed, the tires, suspension, engine and transmission were all matched to our driving conditions. Ironically, the 2.4 Tigershark and 9-speed auto performs better in the PMC than any other FCA product sold here with that same combo. If TOFAS did the same thing with the Tipo that they did with the Doblo, the Chrysler brand could have a winning vehicle. That said, it better be something our market wants, which means no sedans or small hatches. Tall hatches such as the Honda HRV seem to do well.
they did and that market went to hell

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
Sporty? Car with PRND buttons for transmission reminds me of city buses. LOL

jorisr

Reaction score
Yes ------ :)
With Grand Cherokee and Grand Cherokee L going to the new Mack/Detroit Assembly plant and Brampton status uncertain and needing major investments will these Dodge vehicles be built in Jefferson North/Detroit or will they remain in Brampton.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Grand Cherokee L and Grand Cherokee 4xe to Mack
Dodge Durango and Grand Cherokee to Jefferson

Brampton will stay Chrysler 300, Dodge Challenger, and Dodge Charger for now or until 2024. A new Dodge RWD/AWD CUV will more than likely join after the Chrysler 300 Series is disconitnued.

Windsor will continue building Chrysler Minivans and will produce a new electric CUV for Chrysler in 2024

TripleT

Reaction score
With Grand Cherokee and Grand Cherokee L going to the new Mack/Detroit Assembly plant and Brampton status uncertain and needing major investments will these Dodge vehicles be built in Jefferson North/Detroit or will they remain in Brampton.

Remember, Architecture means they don't have the change the Carrier, they can develop with the Carriers in mind. The line is a bit narrow, a left over from the Renault, nice to see some of those pinch points widened.

Where the 4th Dodge comes from, well we will see.

jorisr

Reaction score
Remember, Architecture means they don't have the change the Carrier, they can develop with the Carriers in mind. The line is a bit narrow, a left over from the Renault, nice to see some of those pinch points widened.

Where the 4th Dodge comes from, well we will see.
The CAW deal made in october 2020 only mentioned a 50 milion dollar investment in Brampton during that deal. But a new Charger and Challenger coming in 2022 or 2023 would fall within that timeframe. Does that mean the projects were not yet greenlit at that time?

TripleT

Reaction score
The CAW deal made in october 2020 only mentioned a 50 milion dollar investment in Brampton during that deal. But a new Charger and Challenger coming in 2022 or 2023 would fall within that timeframe. Does that mean the projects were not yet greenlit at that time?

There is a difference between the development cost, implementation costs and Capacity cost. 50 million is relatively modest for a plant overhaul and capacity upgrade. But good start.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm still wondering on what is going on with Windsor.

Please release says new multienergy platform. That's PSA's way of speech.
Multienergy means that the platform is not BEV only. It's not a dedicated BEV platform.

And like is different than one for Pacifica.
Can they add RWD platform to the 2nd line?

Users who are viewing this thread