Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here Is The New Management Team To Lead Alfa Romeo Into The Future:

Here Is The New Management Team To Lead Alfa Romeo Into The Future:​

Looking To Expand In North America & China...​

190305_AlfaRomeo_stand_05a.jpg

With the recent merger of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) and Peugeot S.A. (PSA) completed forming Stellantis. The new corporate identity is shuffling around some management within its portfolio, hoping to widen the range on the global market for some of its brands that have been struggling in certain markets. This includes the Alfa Romeo brand. … (read full article...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm hoping that this is a sign of more products coming for Alfa Romeo. Thick and fast.

And of course that there will be Alfa Romeo Days in September together with Tonale's unveil.

bill burke

Reaction score
In selective markets AR is making inroads in the US. Too much was expected and less delivered due to many factors, including too few dealerships, matching Alfa Romeo with Fiat instead of with Maserati, too little product, too small a marketing program and from my perspective, rather bland styling of the Giulia sedan.
With the right plan, run by the right people, the brand can do much better. I’d like one of their first actions is to fast track a reskinned, rebadged Stelvio spin off as a Dodge. That would be enlightened thinking. Fear of sharing with American brands points to narrow thinking. Time will tell.

TripleT

Reaction score
aren't there 2 Dodge CUVs already on the way? They need a 3rd?

Mopar392

Reaction score
In selective markets AR is making inroads in the US. Too much was expected and less delivered due to many factors, including too few dealerships, matching Alfa Romeo with Fiat instead of with Maserati, too little product, too small a marketing program and from my perspective, rather bland styling of the Giulia sedan.
With the right plan, run by the right people, the brand can do much better. I’d like one of their first actions is to fast track a reskinned, rebadged Stelvio spin off as a Dodge. That would be enlightened thinking. Fear of sharing with American brands points to narrow thinking. Time will tell.
I think you are the first one I read calling Giulia’s style bland. But you are entitled to your own opinion.

Jeep is already sharing Stlevio’s Giorgio architecture and soon Dodge will do the same.

Alfa’s problem is awareness. They need to spend more on marketing and offer more products especially in the entry level segment.

TripleT

Reaction score
Well couple of things.... No the Giulia doesn't have a gulping fish nose on it, but there are still a lot of people who like classic line over Fish, hard creases.

AR has had capacity issues due to suppliers and Covid, despite that they made some nice gains here in North America.

People come up to me all the time to say how cool our Stelvio is.

patfromigh

Reaction score
What about Mercosur? The sales of Ram products in Latin America are encouraging. The popular Ram products down there are rebadged Fiats, but from what I've read, the legacy CDJ dealer networks in countries where there are very few Fiat outposts sells the Rams. It may sound odd, but I think Alfa Romeo could be bundled with Ram and Jeep outlets in some regions. I don't know if there would have to be local assembly of the smaller Alfa models for affordability, however.

I was surprised to learn the entire Alfa Romeo lineup is available in Mexico.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
I was surprised to learn the entire Alfa Romeo lineup is available in Mexico.
Mexico is the country which has free trade agreement with almost everyone. EU, US, Mercosur... And not only that. They allow, and I think they are the only one in the world. both UNECE and FMVSS standards. UNECE as worldwide, FMVSS as NAFTA. AFAIK Canada may join Mexico in allowing both standards.

Users who are viewing this thread