Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeep® Will Unveil Its New Wagoneer Portfolio Of Vehicles Next Week!

Jeep® Will Unveil Its New Wagoneer Portfolio Of Vehicles, Next Week!​

Grand Wagoneer & Wagoneer Will Debut Next Thursday...​

2022-Jeep-Wagoneer.-WagoneerForums.org_-scaled.jpg

Earlier this week, we showed you a more detailed look at the upcoming 2022 Jeep® Grand Wagoneer (WS) as it was caught testing near the Stellantis North America headquarters in Auburn Hills, Michigan. The series of new photos revealed more details about the ultra-premium Grand Wagoneer that is aimed to kick off production this summer … (read full article...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Something that concerns me is the differentiation between Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer. I understand the Wagoneer is more like a Tahoe and Yukon, while Grand Wagoneer competes with the Escalade. But the designs appear to be almost the same. People who buy Escalades and Navigators don't care that they are based on "lesser" vehicles because they are instantly recognizable. The sheetmetal is different, the front and rear ends are different, and the interiors are completely different. It's that image that helps them command a higher price because they are a status symbol. Status symbols can't look nearly indistinguishable from cheaper vehicles. A much-improved interior is nice, but that's just one part of the equation. The exterior needs to be different as well. These buyers want people to know that they paid a premium for the better product.

Will we see that differentiation here? I'm guessing no and I think that's going to hurt them. I think instead of getting people to spend more on the Grand Wagoneer, we will instead see people saying "Why would I spend $120,000 on that thing when a $70,000 Wagoneer looks almost identical?"

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wagoneer -

2022-Jeep-Wagoneer.-WagoneerForums.org_-scaled.jpg

2022-Jeep-Wagoneer.-WagoneerForums.org-2-scaled.jpg

Grand Wagoneer -

2022-Jeep-Grand-Wagoneer.-WagoneerForums-1-scaled.jpg

Grand-Wagoneer-scaled.jpg
They aren't very different. About as different as a Grand Cherokee Summit is from an Overland. Not the level of differentiation that many people shopping for full-size luxury SUVs are looking for.

TripleT

Reaction score
Well they will both be Jeeps... I think they will be distinctive.

That said people on Facebook can't tell the difference between these and the Grand Cherokee.

Mopar392

Reaction score
For a first return after a hiatus, it would be more reasonable to compare the Grand Wagoneer to Denali and King Ranch, to avoid disappointment.

797 Charger

Reaction score
The thing I'm wondering is will there be performance models to compete against the X7M, Subruban RST, Escalade V, e.t.c.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
The thing I'm wondering is will there be performance models to compete against the X7M, Subruban RST, Escalade V, e.t.c.
Suburban RST is hardly a performance model. That's just an appearance package.

But I would guess that there will be high performance models in the future.

Mopar392

Reaction score
Suburban RST is hardly a performance model. That's just an appearance package.

But I would guess that there will be high performance models in the future.
Fir marketing purposes, I hope they come with a high performance model before Escalade V/ Black Wing

cygnus

Reaction score
Grand Wagoneer - highest trim + premier dealership service. They will most likely promote the dealership component more than the trim portion. I get it, it’s there for people who want it.

I surmise the eventual BoF Durango in calendar 2023 will cover the lower price points/fleet sales, and will have different sheet metal/design.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Grand Wagoneer - highest trim + premier dealership service. They will most likely promote the dealership component more than the trim portion. I get it, it’s there for people who want it.

I surmise the eventual BoF Durango in calendar 2023 will cover the lower price points/fleet sales, and will have different sheet metal/design.

The vehicle might be put on the back burner since Dodge gave the Durango another MCA. Problem is Ram 1500 production. If Ram wants to take on Ford it needs more production capacity and Warren Truck is only a few miles down the road from SHAP. So we might have to see.

Mopar392

Reaction score
The vehicle might be put on the back burner since Dodge gave the Durango another MCA. Problem is Ram 1500 production. If Ram wants to take on Ford it needs more production capacity and Warren Truck is only a few miles down the road from SHAP. So we might have to see.
It could be for the better .
I don’t know how you would make a sporty BoF Durango

patfromigh

Reaction score
I don’t know how you would make a sporty BoF Durango
The first generation BoF Durango had the R/T package available. There was also the Dakota R/T pickup that was BoF. I remember seeing a magazine article for a Shelby Dakota, but I don't know if any were built. SRT had the on-road focused SRT-10 pickup way back when, while today's TRX has an off-road focus.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
For a first return after a hiatus, it would be more reasonable to compare the Grand Wagoneer to Denali and King Ranch, to avoid disappointment.
The price is going to far exceed either a Denali or King Ranch.

Mopar392

Reaction score
The first generation BoF Durango had the R/T package available. There was also the Dakota R/T pickup that was BoF. I remember seeing a magazine article for a Shelby Dakota, but I don't know if any were built. SRT had the on-road focused SRT-10 pickup way back when, while today's TRX has an off-road focus.
The modern expectation of a performance SUV is different .
Will it be as agile as Grand Cherokee TrackHawk??

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

I loved my BoF Durangos...

20160513_190331.jpg

20150303_152152.jpg

IMG_372496945793986.jpeg

As for the Shelby's... we did an article on them.

Users who are viewing this thread