Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CAUGHT: Production-Spec 2022 Jeep® Grand Wagoneer Shows Us More Details:

CAUGHT: Production-Spec 2022 Jeep® Grand Wagoneer Shows Us More Details:​

Could This Be The New Summit Reserve Model?​

2022-Jeep-Grand-Wagoneer-Summit-Reserve.-WagoneerForums-4-scaled.jpg

After former Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) CEO, the late Sergio Marchionne revealed that the Jeep® brand would be bringing back the iconic Grand Wagoneer nameplate just over a decade ago, the iconic American brand is set to finally kick off production of the all-new 2022 Jeep Grand Wagoneer (WS) this fall. The new Grand Wagoneer will be the modern expression of the original, ultimate, premium sport utility vehicle (SUV). Grand Wagoneer will also be packed with ultra-premium, leading-edge features, and technology, unlike any Jeep product before it. … (read full article...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mopar392

Reaction score
This is interesting.
The HO GME-6 with 450hp in a non-performance model. A good replacement for the 5.7HEMI and even the BGE 6.4l.

Either SRT 6.4 is getting a good update to increase the HP difference or an even crazier GME-6 is joining the party.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is interesting.
The HO GME-6 with 450hp in a non-performance model. A good replacement for the 5.7HEMI and even the BGE 6.4l.

Either SRT 6.4 is getting a good update to increase the HP difference or an even crazier GME-6 is joining the party.
I expect the PHEV model to follow a similar formula to the Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring.

We've heard about GME T6 variants with up to 525 horsepower, so 5.7 and 6.4 will soon become irrelevant.

Mopar392

Reaction score
I expect the PHEV model to follow a similar formula to the Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring.

We've heard about GME T6 variants with up to 525 horsepower, so 5.7 and 6.4 will soon become irrelevant.
Not a big fan of losing the NA V8, but can’t complain about the GME-6 horsepower

Tony K

Reaction score
I say call the "built GME-6" a Tomcat and give it a pair of turbos. *Cue "Danger Zone."* :cool:

1614802834134.png

patfromigh

Reaction score
I'm guessing the new six will have a forced induction setup similar to the setup on the four cylinder, mild hybrid, Maserati. It might not be standard because e-chargers are expensive, but I could imagine such a system for a Jeep hybrid.

Tony K

Reaction score
I believe it is called "Tornado" after the Panvia Tornado and paying homage to the original Tornado inline-6. The GME-T4 was actually codenamed Hurricane so it goes hand in hand.
I was talking about a specifically built notional GME-T6 with beefed up internals and more FI, all over the basic 'nado, to go into 700 HP land like the Hellcat. Apropos of that, both aircraft have VG wings. Anyway, beats "Aardvark." (F111) 😁

Last edited:

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
I was talking about a specifically built notional GME-T6 with beefed up internals and more FI, all over the basic 'nado, to go into 700 HP land like the Hellcat. Apropos of that, both aircraft have VG wings. Anyway, beats "Aardvark." (F111) 😁

Ford did some amazing things in Australia with their inline-6 "Barra" engine... so it's a possibility.

Mopar392

Reaction score
Bob said the team from viper’s program is responsible of the GME-6T.
So at least I would expect a block and internals which loves boost.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a lot to be excited about the new GME-T6. Inline-6 engines are super smooth.

Should check out YouTuber Adam LZ's Barra Swapped GT350...

Last edited:

Tony K

Reaction score
Ford did some amazing things in Australia with their inline-6 "Barra" engine... so it's a possibility.
Sounds like a miniature diesel Pro Stock pulling tractor, with the benefit of no smoke.

OTOH, Adam LZ's GT350 sounds a bit less "diesely," probably because he wasn't loading up the turbo for a hard launch. Once it gets up in the revs, you'd never think it was anything but a gas engine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread