Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maserati MC20 Takes Honors At British GQ Car Awards:

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
The British GQ hosted its annual GQ Car Awards in London earlier this month. In place of the usual ceremony, the awards were broadcasted on British GQ’s IGTV with the all-new 2021 Maserati MC20 being honored as the “Super Sports Car of the Year”. Designed at the Centro Stile Maserati in Turin, the MC20 heralds … (read full article...)

1613421539034.png

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
As a full disclosure statement, I am fully confident that among Stellantis Italian brands, Maserati is best positioned for success. Not surprising then, is my rapture for the MC20, obviously first conceived as an Alfa Romeo, but better executed and appropriate as a Maserati. I also submit that the adoption of the Chrysler 300 foundation for the current Ghibli and Quatroporte, although stop gap, was a stroke of genius that revitalized the brand, especially in affluent markets in North America as well as globally. Those Chrysler based, frankly excellent sedans in their own right, have served as a beach head to capturing market share from the German trio, Mercedes, BMW and Audi.
The now well defined, if rather ambitious plans moving forward truly bolster my confidence and my opinion. The MC20 clearly is the right car to usher in that plan and that future. Stallantis, I am sure, looked long and hard at Maserati and I would wager, they share my conviction on it’s future and the plans and products in the wings to execute it successfully and profitably. But success is not assured....yet.
To be successful three things are a must, more dealerships, more new product and a generous marketing program. It has been established that there is an appetite for Italian cars in America and for Maserati cars in particular. The MC20 only serves to make Maserati a luxury import player of credibllity and a shot fired across the German bow that Maserati is real.

Users who are viewing this thread