Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Offers A Trio Of Power Wagon Models For 2021:

Ram Offers A Trio Of Power Wagon Models For 2021:​

Pick Your Poison...​

1609372595008.png

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
My first love for a pickup truck was a Dodge around 1948. It was red, had three rear windows and a Ram Head hood ornament. Wow, a Ram head ! Then I saw my first "Power Wagon" and that was the sealing event in my love of Dodge and that nasty Ram. That Power Wagon was and is a classic design, of which I never tier. My dad also drove Dodge trucks for work and a visit with him to the Dodge Truck dealer always featured a leaping Ram high on the wall with the slogan "RAM TOUGH" below. Another Ram, another special moment for a kid. The current Power Wagon, as capable as it may be, lacks something. Something more to harken back to the original look. Not sure what it takes, but it has to grab young boys by the horns at first sight as it did that little blond kid from The Bronx those many decades ago. It takes a special truck to make such an impression and the new rendition just lacks it. Do like the entry level model and the others too, but we need a Ram head somehow and somewhere. Seems like just yesterday.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
My first love for a pickup truck was a Dodge around 1948. It was red, had three rear windows and a Ram Head hood ornament. Wow, a Ram head ! Then I saw my first "Power Wagon" and that was the sealing event in my love of Dodge and that nasty Ram. That Power Wagon was and is a classic design, of which I never tier. My dad also drove Dodge trucks for work and a visit with him to the Dodge Truck dealer always featured a leaping Ram high on the wall with the slogan "RAM TOUGH" below. Another Ram, another special moment for a kid. The current Power Wagon, as capable as it may be, lacks something. Something more to harken back to the original look. Not sure what it takes, but it has to grab young boys by the horns at first sight as it did that little blond kid from The Bronx those many decades ago. It takes a special truck to make such an impression and the new rendition just lacks it. Do like the entry level model and the others too, but we need a Ram head somehow and somewhere. Seems like just yesterday.
PowerWagon (45 of 159).jpg

After spending time with the 2020 model. The 75th Anniversary Edition answers everything I complained about the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread