Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Jeep® Compass Will Be Unveiled In India, Next!

2022 Jeep® Compass Will Be Unveiled In India Next!​

Indian Model Will Be Unveiled On Thursday, January 7th, 2021...​

1609373173722.png

Last edited by a moderator:

AlexB

Reaction score
Looks to be a great update, should be strong seller globally.........in fact either fourth-third-second best selling Stellantis model (RAM 1st)!

bill burke

Reaction score
A well conceived, well planned and executed Jeep, demonstrates clearly an encouraging opinion mindset about the brand being world class globally and in addition solidifies the brands powerful potential to provide strong profits and a trickle down quality image for the company. The Compass changes and improvements are significant and positive. The question that haunts me and which I have asked often herein, is what about the Cherokee? With this update, the lines of distinction between Cherokee and Compass blur even more and the need for a repositioning of Cherokee becomes more evident. Too much overlap that hurts both vehicles, diminishes the Jeep culture even, in my humble opinion. Relying on "Mopar Willy Speculation", and frankly self proclaimed wisdom, I again present my solution and I sincerely hope someone at Jeep gives it serious consideration, perhaps if only as a reaffirmation of plans already in motion at Jeep. Lets hope so , RIGHT?
Compadres, we have a brand new platform under the upcoming Grand Cherokee, brand new factories to build them and the capacity, yes indeed, the obligation to utilize every opportunity to exploit the full potential of these assets. In addition, one cannot dismiss the well defined niche that the current Grand Cherokee is now abandoning as fertile ground for a very similar in size, characteristics and capability, a place owned by Grand Cherokee frankly, to be re-occupied ASAP. That future Jeep vehicle is, must be, about the size, give an inch or two, and characteristics, notably, rear wheel drive, two row only and underpinned on a shortened Grand Cherokee platform with E-torque V-6 power available, now capable of on and off road ability only this established niche combination can deliver. The next generation Cherokee now assumes a distinctive, clearly Jeep defined niche in the Jeep product formula that fills a proven appropriate position again, eliminates all the current drawbacks of the current Cherokee, gives both Compass and Cherokee breathing room and clarity and to top this proposal off gang, it can all be done on the same assembly line as the new Grand Cherokee. Yup all this achieved by the Mopar Willy plan while increasing return on investment and freeing up the current Cherokee plant for new product, perhaps for PSA spin off vehicles when Stellantis comes roaring into North America in Dodge and Chrysler clothing. Is Mopar Willy offering sound advise here once again or just blowing smoke, again, you decide. Regardless of the outcome, if anything, consider this my New Years gift to my Compadres. Happy New Year all !

Users who are viewing this thread