Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BREAKING: Windsor Will Begin Building A New Electrified Vehicle In 2024:

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

BREAKING: Windsor Will Begin Building A New Electrified Vehicle In 2024:​

Unifor Agreement Brings New Electrified Vehicle To Windsor Assembly Plant...​

https://www.facebook.com/82061d19-7887-4a29-b27e-2c5e58c870a8

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not so sure that this is exciting news. On the American side Jeeps and muscle Dodge are exciting products.

If this is indeed a PSA EMP2 v4 now known as more marketing friendly eVMP than it can top at 330 HP for BEV with 2 electric motors as AWD, less for FWD.

Just for comparison. Giorgio platform can have 3 electric motors and more than 600 HP.

I can only wonder why they've chosen this route. IMO this was pushed by Unifor. They wanted higher employment rate and thus investment went to Windsor and not to Brampton.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

FCA Releases More Details About Canadian Union Agreement:​

New Electrified Vehicle Coming To Windsor Plant...​

1603392988265.png

cgseller

Reaction score
So is the Chrysler Airflow being produced in Windsor ?

TripleT

Reaction score
Marspeed speed says the Airflow will be build in Belvedere .... .that makes sense if it shares with Challenger and Charger.

My guess this is the Passport and Minivan.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

BREAKING: Huge Announcement Scheduled For The Windsor Assembly Plant, Tomorrow!​

Canadian P.M. & Ontario Premier Are Expected To Be There...​

1651439944985.png

According to the Windsor Star, Stellantis COO for North America, Mark Stewart will be in Windsor, Ontario tomorrow and is expected to make some major announcements about the future of the Windsor Assembly Plant. He is expected to be joined by Canadian Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau and Ontario Premier, Doug Ford.

justbekuz1

Reaction score

BREAKING: Windsor Will Begin Building A New Electrified Vehicle In 2024:​

Unifor Agreement Brings New Electrified Vehicle To Windsor Assembly Plant...​

https://www.facebook.com/82061d19-7887-4a29-b27e-2c5e58c870a8

WAITING for the other shoe to drop with all the hoopala for Windsor on Monday... what happens to Brampton as it is believed that Char/Chan as going Stateside?

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
WAITING for the other shoe to drop with all the hoopala for Windsor on Monday... what happens to Brampton as it is believed that Char/Chan as going Stateside?

Two things... it can be dissolved and the property sold. Or it gets a new lineup of electrified SUVs.

bill burke

Reaction score
Time for a good Mopar Willyism, The delusional source of discriminating projections from the sage of sages.
What’s coming? A new Crossfire sports roadster that will serve as a hallo car for Chrysler. News that the 300 indeed will be totally returning as a next generation luxury sedan and built along side Charger and Challenger, that too will be announced, as will plans to develop a new Imperial, built in Italy, off a Maserati platform. Big news guys.
Is it not interesting that these Willyisms offer a wish list that folks want and not an electric appliance in the mix. Mopar Willy, The sage of sages strikes again!

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

Derek

Reaction score
Dang it!!!!.....I'm just wanting some news about the next gen challenger/charger and the E-muscle 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Moparound

Reaction score
I so confused. I6Turbo,, no I6Turbo, 5.7 stays, 5.7 gone, 6.4 gone, 6.4 stays. I understand an all-electric e-muscle coming but what about us ICE fans with hybrids and the like? Can someone, anyone please explain what is taking place with the next Gen Charger and Challenger?

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
I so confused. I6Turbo,, no I6Turbo, 5.7 stays, 5.7 gone, 6.4 gone, 6.4 stays. I understand an all-electric e-muscle coming but what about us ICE fans with hybrids and the like? Can someone, anyone please explain what is taking place with the next Gen Charger and Challenger?
Sounds like everything was rearranged after the merger combined with needing to keep what sells to pay the bills, along with all this new EV stuff. Chrysler has always been terrible at keeping secrets, but they have been good lately, which means one thing - nobody knows whats going on and plans are constantly changing. Windsor is doing STLA LG now, BAP getting retooled in 2024. I still think they will keep pumping out chargers and challengers until they are regulated out of existence. Ie may be moved to another plant just to keep the cash flowing

TripleT

Reaction score
STLA most likely with the Hurricane... and SRT with possibly at DI 6.4

Mopar392

Reaction score
With the horsepower and torque Hurricane 500 is making, I would not be surprised if SRT came with the same or upgraded version of the Hurricane 500.
I hope they do a Scat Pack or R/T Classic with a 6.4.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

Stellants & LG Announce NextStar Energy Inc. Joint Venture With New CEO!​

Canadian Joint Venture Will Provide Batteries For Brampton & Windsor Facilities...​

Stellantis and LG Energy Solution have announced NextStar Energy Inc. as the official name of its battery joint-venture company. Danies Lee has been appointed chief executive officer (CEO) of the new company. NextStar Energy will be Canada’s first large-scale lithium-ion battery production plant.

VANISHING POINT #1

Reaction score
The Windsor plant is suppose to be producing the Chargers and Challengers of current platform through 2023 as they were being produced at the Brampton plant but I understand there is re-tooling going on now at the Brampton plant moving production of the Challenger and Charger to Windsor now..... Then enter 2024 when those Challengers and Chargers cars are gone FOREVER as the electric cars will take over. 😱 (n)o_O

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
The Windsor plant is suppose to be producing the Chargers and Challengers of current platform through 2023 as they were being produced at the Brampton plant but I understand there is re-tooling going on now at the Brampton plant moving production of the Challenger and Charger to Windsor now..... Then enter 2024 when those Challengers and Chargers cars are gone FOREVER as the electric cars will take over. 😱 (n)o_O

The current Charger, Challenger, and 300 will continue in 2023 to be built in Brampton. The next generation cars will be produced in Windsor.

Users who are viewing this thread