Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

With Bob Lee's retirement,Manley picks Jeff Lux as interim Head of Global powertrain

AlexB

Reaction score
Meanwhile Manley hires outsider to run North American ("Chrysler") powertrain
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV is replacing its global head of powertrains, a top-ranked executive retiring after this month, with two people for the time being

Jeff Lux, a former General Motors Co. veteran who’s been Fiat Chrysler’s head of transmission and driveline for North America since 2014, will be responsible for powertrain development globally on an interim basis, the person said. Michael Bly, global vice president of product management electrification at Detroit-based supplier American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings Inc., will take over Fiat Chrysler’s engine and electrification portfolio for North America, the person said.

Lee is best known for leading the rebirth of Fiat Chrysler’s iconic Hemi V-8 engine in the early 2000s and later its Pentastar V-6 engine. Fiat Chrysler hasn’t said who, if anyone, will replace Lee on the Italian-American automaker’s highest decision-making body, which it calls the Group Executive Council.

Cody's Car Conundrum

Reaction score
I don't know which transmission Mr.Lux has done/had a hand in specifically, but I'm just going to keep an open mind until I see more of his work.

mopar22

Reaction score
I don't know which transmission Mr.Lux has done/had a hand in specifically, but I'm just going to keep an open mind until I see more of his work.
Per his LinkedIn it would be "Leading the Transmission Engineering organization with responsibility for the full line of automatedand manual transmissions and driveline components. Responsible for all aspects of the productcycle and across all global brands. Managing all strategic and day to day operational aspects oftransmission engineering. Additional responsibilities for all Powertrain laboratories, Analysis andPowertrain Integration. Accomplishments include: leading transmission warranty to lowest level inover 10 years, developing and launching the eFlite Hybrid transmission for the Pacifica Plug inHybrid, launch of the first production application of the "Trans Brake" for the Dodge Demon. "

Cody's Car Conundrum

Reaction score
Per his LinkedIn it would be "Leading the Transmission Engineering organization with responsibility for the full line of automatedand manual transmissions and driveline components. Responsible for all aspects of the productcycle and across all global brands. Managing all strategic and day to day operational aspects oftransmission engineering. Additional responsibilities for all Powertrain laboratories, Analysis andPowertrain Integration. Accomplishments include: leading transmission warranty to lowest level inover 10 years, developing and launching the eFlite Hybrid transmission for the Pacifica Plug inHybrid, launch of the first production application of the "Trans Brake" for the Dodge Demon. "
Now I feel stupid, lol. Thanks for the info!

Oh, and I'm very excited now ?

Users who are viewing this thread