Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Get a Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid?

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
What are the chances of the 3.6 etorque making it to the Pacifica? Losing stow n go is a bit of a deal breaker for my crew. The etorque system doesn't take up as much space though.

Good question. I could be wrong but as of right now I don't think we have seen any hint of an eTorque system for a FWD application. Thats not to say it isn't being worked on or couldn't be done, I am curious to see how eTorque pans out myself, eagerly awaiting the chance to drive a Hemi eTorque 2019 Ram 1500.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
What are the chances of the 3.6 etorque making it to the Pacifica? Losing stow n go is a bit of a deal breaker for my crew. The etorque system doesn't take up as much space though.

True it doesn't. However, its the electrical system attached to the eTorque system that might hold it from going into certain vehicles. Pacifica already has the advanced hybrid system with extensive electrical system, so it is a good question. But not something I can answer for you. @Mike V. might know.

Mike V.

Staff member
Reaction score
True it doesn't. However, its the electrical system attached to the eTorque system that might hold it from going into certain vehicles. Pacifica already has the advanced hybrid system with extensive electrical system, so it is a good question. But not something I can answer for you. @Mike V. might know.

Actually the current eTorque system used in the Ram probably would not meet clearance requirements on the Pacifica. The Pacifica hybrid really is the way to go. The design is fantastic and give and take of the battery vs stow and go is worth it if you want the technology and efficiency.

Mike

Mike V.

Staff member
Reaction score
I previously wrote an extensive article on Allpar regarding the SiEVT and the tech involved. If anyone needs a link, let me know. As we see hybridization evolve, we may repost a lot of the info here on a Mopar Insiders as well.

edpac

Reaction score
I drove the hybrid, loved it but could not give up the stow n go. I just said to my wife the other day too bad our 2018 Pacifica did not have the etorque option.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score

Same for my parents.

Users who are viewing this thread