Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where Are the EV Charging Stations ?

patfromigh

Reaction score
I used Google Maps to find nearby EV charging locations based on my home address. Almost all are level 2 AC units under 10kw. Most in my area are legacy Charge Point stations with old hardware. The nearest high speed charging is 20 miles away. From what I understand Google Maps only lists Level 2 or higher, so the 110V three prong outlets under a sign would not show up.

So here is a homework assignment for all of us. Put your home address in Google Maps and then type in EV charging staions under the "Nearby" option. Don't tell us your home address or divulge personal information for reasons of security, but do tell us what sort of EV charging is available.

What do you think?

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
I have 2 next to a building I live in but half of the city use it. City with 170k citizens and 30k and 40k towns adjacent to it.

pumadog

Reaction score
I have 8 in a 2 km radius, 40k town. Electro companies can build them up very quick if demand is there. And I'm lucky to live in my own house, so could have my own wall box and even solar roof. A friend of mine is in the process of that currently.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I used Google Maps to find nearby EV charging locations based on my home address. Almost all are level 2 AC units under 10kw. Most in my area are legacy Charge Point stations with old hardware. The nearest high speed charging is 20 miles away. From what I understand Google Maps only lists Level 2 or higher, so the 110V three prong outlets under a sign would not show up.

So here is a homework assignment for all of us. Put your home address in Google Maps and then type in EV charging staions under the "Nearby" option. Don't tell us your home address or divulge personal information for reasons of security, but do tell us what sort of EV charging is available.

What do you think?
There is one at the electric company which is one building over from where I work. This is a rural town with ~2700 people.

TripleT

Reaction score
closest level 3 is 20minutes away. Local REMC has 2 level 2 covered up by it borrow me Volt.

Users who are viewing this thread