Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is SRT working on...?

Muther

Reaction score
SRT has something brewing in their kettle. I’d like to start a thread that pools what we know, so we can prognosticate and get all worked up, and mebbe we shake a few clues loose.

Ok, there is the all but here Charger WideButt. That isn’t what I am thinking of. There are a couple really cool Challies brewing, too. Those aren’t it either.

I am thinking of a knitter project that I kinda got a wink and a nod on, but I don’t know what it is.

Anyone have any clues? PM if that is more appropriate. We could pool our knowledge.

Mopar426

Reaction score
The only widely known info they let out was during the Leno redeye episode when Steve said they were testing a car and trying to get it into the 8's

ViperDave

Reaction score
I dont think it would be a new Viper since the plant closed and Sergio said they didnt make money on them. The new Halo car is the Hellcats.

Poss the Sandhawk versions of the Cherokee,Grand Cherokee?

mopar22

Reaction score
I dont think it would be a new Viper since the plant closed and Sergio said they didnt make money on them. The new Halo car is the Hellcats.

Poss the Sandhawk versions of the Cherokee,Grand Cherokee?
If a viper were to come back maserati and alfa would get their version first i truly believe. So at the earliest you'd have to look out for those two brands first

Cody's Car Conundrum

Reaction score
At the moment, the SRT projects I know of are the Hellcat-Durango, TRX RAM, and the widebody Charger. If they really are working on something else, then it's got to be more obscure than the things we've currently seen (or will see soon). The cars previously mentioned make sense, and making more Challengers also makes sense. Which leaves this question: What is left to SRT-ify?

Basically everything. However, SRT-ing everything doesn't make sense. Time to eliminate some cars...

Everything in the Fiat lineup: Unless they pump up the 124 Abarth Spyder somehow, all of their cars are a big nope.

Alfa Romeo: Nope.

Jeep: Perhaps SRT are the ones who are doing the Deserthawk. At least, in conjunction with some of the Jeep engineers. Or they're making some kind of SRT4 Renegade/Compass and giving those two cars a "Trackhawk" version.

RAM: Unless they're going to make a go-fast version of either (or both) Promasters, it's hard to see them doing anything beyond the TRX. With that said... they could be doing a street-truck of some kind.

Chrysler: Maybe Ralph is finally getting that SRT minivan he's always wanted, haha!

Dodge: If it's not a project related to the Durango, Charger, or Challenger, then it must be something different. Dodge wouldn't be making a Journey SRT now unless it was for the next-gen car (assuming that's still coming), a Grand Caravan SRT is long dead, and... that's it. There have been rumors of the Not-a-Viper, but if this isn't that then this just got a lot more complicated.

DodgeFL

Reaction score
FCA has to face the fact that they are wasting way to many $$$ pushing the Italian brands that US buyers do not want. Not to mention putting 75% of funds into the PU truck and SUV products. Dodge gets the 25% left over, WTF ? With gas prices soaring what's plan B ?

mopar22

Reaction score
FCA has to face the fact that they are wasting way to many $$$ pushing the Italian brands that US buyers do not want. Not to mention putting 75% of funds into the PU truck and SUV products. Dodge gets the 25% left over, WTF ? With gas prices soaring what's plan B ?
This isn't the thread for that. If you wanna talk about what fca should/shouldn't do there is a thread for it and if not make one. This is for talking about srt and what they might have in the pipe line

ViperDave

Reaction score
What SRT cant do is water down the brand. I don't think we will see SRT Fiats. That is what Abarth is. We all know the TRX is coming but I can see a street based Hellcat Ram coming also. I would like to see something like the Deserthawk by SRT come out on the Grand and Cherokee. but not the Renegade or Compass. Again don't water it down. Now a Deserthawk Wrangler and Gladiator with a 6.4? That would be cool.

I remember Sergio in his 5 year plan a number of years ago he had a SRT6 Journey listed. I knew that would not come out.

Last edited:

mopar22

Reaction score
What SRT cant do is water down the brand. I don't think we will see SRT Fiats. That is what Abarth is. We all know the TRX is coming but I can see a street based Hellcat Ram coming also. I would like to see something like the Deserthawk by SRT come out on the Grand and Cherokee. but not the Renegade or Compass. Again don't water it down. Now a Deserthawk Wrangler and Gladiator with a 6.4? That would be cool.

I remember Sergio in his 5 year plan a number of years ago he had a SRT6 Journey listed. I knew that would not come out.
The Journey in the 5 year plan that was to become an srt was a "journey." It was a d/cuv which if rumors are true are still somewhere in the pipeline but not as a journey

GasAxe

Reaction score
As CCC said, the only "new" SRT model is likely the Hellcat Durango with a Ram and Compass or Renegade being possible, but unlikely. The TRX and Sandhawk models aren't likely to be SRT models, just high performance Ram and Jeep.

Blown7

Reaction score
Is the Deserthawk a SRT vehicle? I remember Mike Manley talking about that at 2018 NYIAS.

The Deserthawk was bases on the Cherokee I think.. did they have a Grand Cherokee version planned also?
I'm all for high performance in the Jeep/Ram line.

One thing for sure the Hellephant is being announced for sale 4/26!

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Mr @Muther did you get and indication of timeline? that would narrow it down.

OK so if not Dodge WBcharger or challenger, and we already expect a Ram TRX, and durango hellcat, then what else could there be....

Chrysler
The least likely brand for an SRT playground, unless they bring a new version of the magnum back as a 300 wagon....so no.
SRT pacifica? HAHA

Dodge
The rumored "not-a-viper"? Smaller, lighter "challenger" based off alfeiri with maybe HO I6 with front wheel electric boost, creating AWD of sorts (like the mustang patent filed a while ago). Could that be the 8 second car? But IDK does the world need another small high performance coupe? - I think not, though Dodge may want to flex some electric muscle for "future proofing" in the eyes of the automotive world
Dodge is missing a specialized track car though (ACR) so maybe something along those lines? Since camaro and mustang have gone that route? SRT typically likes to lay gauntlets down after competitors have put forth their efforts. If i were to bet on a new SRT version for Dodge, that's where i'd put my money.

Jeep
I would be surprised if another Jeep got the SRT treatment outside of grand cherokee. And the gladiator is too new IMO and would be overshadowed by TRX
But Ford is trying to make noise with ST this or that small SUVs....so maybe?

Ram
TR but that was supposedly shelved....unless that just applied to a 6.4 powered TR, which would leave the recently rumored I6 TR. Or maybe the TR that was shelved was the "mild off road TRX", and the TR we see will be a street performance truck (there was a recent Ram street truck concept....) like a revived SRT10

ViperDave

Reaction score
Challanger ACR … but they would really have to lighten it up.

Or blow everyone's mind and come out with a powerful pure electric 2 seat sports car. Base it off of the 4C . Dodge Venom??? Just dreaming…...

srm3500

Reaction score
SRT has something brewing in their kettle. I’d like to start a thread that pools what we know, so we can prognosticate and get all worked up, and mebbe we shake a few clues loose.

Ok, there is the all but here Charger WideButt. That isn’t what I am thinking of. There are a couple really cool Challies brewing, too. Those aren’t it either.

I am thinking of a knitter project that I kinda got a wink and a nod on, but I don’t know what it is.

Anyone have any clues? PM if that is more appropriate. We could pool our knowledge.

My guess is that it has something to with the Alfa 8C in Dodge form... Alfa Romeo 8C set to return as a 700 horsepower mid-engine hybrid

Muther

Reaction score
My guess is that it has something to with the Alfa 8C in Dodge form... Alfa Romeo 8C set to return as a 700 horsepower mid-engine hybrid
I haven’t heard anything what I’d call reliable, but what I have heard goes along those lines. My informations aren’t inside, let’s call them high quality rumors, but they indicate that SRT has the chassis, and an engine, and is working on something for “ahem” Ralph...

(Massive quotes on that “ahem”).

That brings my smart monkey brain to Ralph’s well known desire for a “baby” Viper. His ACR-E will be somewhat long in the tooth by the time this would come out, and y’know, ol’ Ralphie being Worldwide Head of Global Design can’t be seen on the track in a racing car that is too old.

BTW, This thread is not about any Challengers that SRT may or may not working on. I have that info well in hand. No, I can’t say anything, but all of the info is out there if you know where to look.

Muther

Reaction score
Another possibility is a replacement for the Ram SRT10. Ralph has a personal desire to bring out another Ram Muscle Truck. I know of some Rams “RWD” with versions of the 6.2 running around, and I know that Ram was very interested in the HRM-Roadkill Muscle Trucks. Those could easily have been some sort of TRX mules, though.

Muther

Reaction score
Mr @Muther did you get and indication of timeline? that would narrow it down.

OK so if not Dodge WBcharger or challenger, and we already expect a Ram TRX, and durango hellcat, then what else could there be....

Chrysler
The least likely brand for an SRT playground, unless they bring a new version of the magnum back as a 300 wagon....so no.
SRT pacifica? HAHA

Dodge
The rumored "not-a-viper"? Smaller, lighter "challenger" based off alfeiri with maybe HO I6 with front wheel electric boost, creating AWD of sorts (like the mustang patent filed a while ago). Could that be the 8 second car? But IDK does the world need another small high performance coupe? - I think not, though Dodge may want to flex some electric muscle for "future proofing" in the eyes of the automotive world
Dodge is missing a specialized track car though (ACR) so maybe something along those lines? Since camaro and mustang have gone that route? SRT typically likes to lay gauntlets down after competitors have put forth their efforts. If i were to bet on a new SRT version for Dodge, that's where i'd put my money.

Jeep
I would be surprised if another Jeep got the SRT treatment outside of grand cherokee. And the gladiator is too new IMO and would be overshadowed by TRX
But Ford is trying to make noise with ST this or that small SUVs....so maybe?

Ram
TR but that was supposedly shelved....unless that just applied to a 6.4 powered TR, which would leave the recently rumored I6 TR. Or maybe the TR that was shelved was the "mild off road TRX", and the TR we see will be a street performance truck (there was a recent Ram street truck concept....) like a revived SRT10
No timeline. See posts above.

If I read the enthusiasm of my source correctly, it is a pretty big deal.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm interested to see if there will be any SRT/Trackhawk model based around upcoming GME T6.

Users who are viewing this thread