Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What comes after the KL?

FranklinFlyer

Reaction score
piano-prodotti.jpg

Remember this?
I love my 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk and I'd like to keep it for a while, but I wonder if there is still a replacement in the works and what is known about it. Do we even know the Plattform? Is 2022 still realistic?

TripleT

Reaction score
KM, see that your new... Know Platform mean carrier, and over the years has become distinctively different then Architecture.

So the Carriers to my knowledge are not being modified so it will ride on the same platform, it also means the engine likely stays in the current orientation.

This doesn't mean the it won't be extensively revised using lessons learned else where.

Tony K

Reaction score
This doesn't mean the it won't be extensively revised using lessons learned else where.
On the surface, this sounds like an "Italian codeword." Are we slaying dragons?
1613579910220.png

TripleT

Reaction score
it means that design themes and processes of optimize can be applied across the product line independent of carrier positions. It is just another input in the current state of computational optimization.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Cherokee (KM) is already in the works. China will actually be getting another MCA of the 2014 to 2018 KL this year which it calls the "Classic" there and sells next to the current Cherokee. Here it is in Sport trim.

Screenshot_20210220-162751_Chrome.jpg

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Cherokee (KM) is already in the works. China will actually be getting another MCA of the 2014 to 2018 KL this year which it calls the "Classic" there and sells next to the current Cherokee. Here it is in Sport trim.

View attachment 4025

That's crazy, I guess that design was that popular there?

Also, those photoshopped wheels lol

TripleT

Reaction score
Sold better here.... just because traditionalist who a more likely to buy a Wrangler anyway didn't like it doesn't mean it individual look didn't garner more sales.

Or the product is just aging out.

Hard to tell whether it was the product maturing, the more conservative styling, or internal competition from the Compass. The new product will be welcomed

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Sold better here.... just because traditionalist who a more likely to buy a Wrangler anyway didn't like it doesn't mean it individual look didn't garner more sales.

Hard to tell whether it was the product maturing, the more conservative styling, or internal competition from the Compass. The new product will be welcomed

The Cherokee XJ went on to become the BAW Qishi and continued production until 2014 in China.

1614021339951.png

1614021372393.png

1614021402145.png

Here is a 2012 model.

TripleT

Reaction score
The Cherokee XJ went on to become the BAW Qishi and continued production until 2014 in China.

View attachment 4036

View attachment 4037

View attachment 4038

Here is a 2012 model.

Absolutely, with my connection for awhile I consider importing them minus the engine for off roaders. Well at least the parts, it a shame that it still isn't in production with Matts offroad recovery so popular it would be great time to look at that again.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score

I forget if you've stated already or not, but is there any idea when the KM would be shown yet?

Seeing the new Compass Trailhawk 4xe has me interested in a Cherokee Trailhawk 4xe, although I'm sure the price will be interesting.

TripleT

Reaction score
Nope, entire schedules pushed back 9- 12 months. Grand Aboriginal tribe , was supposed to launched by now.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
I saw this posted on another site:

There is no KM, at least for the US market as of the latest internal documents at Stellantis forward model planning.

The 2022 lineup for Jeep is as follows as of March 1st, the last update for the 2022 planning:

BU Renegade
MP Compass
JL Wranger/ Wrangler Unlimited
JT Gladiator
WK2 Grand Cherokee 2 Row
WL Grand Cherokee 3 Row
WS Grand Wagoneer

TripleT

Reaction score
SO the Image by the OP, and project people using KM ....... is wrong. But a sight showing no Cherokee is correct....????

not arguing just wondering how that make sense
.1615242253290.png

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
SO the Image by the OP, and project people using KM ....... is wrong. But a sight showing no Cherokee is correct....????

not arguing just wondering how that make sense
.View attachment 4145

Not arguing either, just looking for reactions here. I think the guy who posted that has connections/works for Stelantis NA, so was just curious as to what everyone here was aware of. There's been some very confident talk of KM here, so I'm hopeful there is just some confusion.

Mind you, the Cherokee DesertHawk hasn't made an official appearance yet either.

I'm aware that Grand Cherokee and Wagoneer are the big projects right now, so probably just that it will keep going with no changes until KM comes, but he seems pretty convinced that KL is done after MY 2022.

A Jeep Cherokee forum

Users who are viewing this thread