Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Put ZAutomotive’s Tazer To Work On Our Grand Cherokee Trackhawk:

Blown7

Reaction score
Way back in 2007 I helped Joe start this product.

It started with me fooling around with Star Mobile and getting access to Chrysler Diagnostic Workbench..and then using some End of Line (EOL) tests like individual brake locking to create the semi famous Tazer "Line Lock" then adding more features.. Joe was still building his "No ESP" boards...

I was disengaging the full time transfers case to do rear tire heating burnouts...

Now he's doing great hats off to him!

And thank you FCA or actually DCA.......for selecting the Bosch designed bus............ without the whole Can Bus based vehicles... none of this would be possible.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
That security bypass looked really easy to do.

Makes me want to dig into putting one on my KL so I can adjust a couple of things.

mopar22

Reaction score

Makes me want to dig into putting one on my KL so I can adjust a couple of things.
You'll need to find a program/modder to work with the ecu and everything then. Anything that aren't the large vehicles for fca are very hard to do/find people to do work like that on. I know for the dart and 200 it's always been a pain to find anything of this sort

Blown7

Reaction score
You'll need to find a program/modder to work with the ecu and everything then. Anything that aren't the large vehicles for fca are very hard to do/find people to do work like that on. I know for the dart and 200 it's always been a pain to find anything of this sort
Now just a couple guys that don't agree with FCA's NDA.

I worked with Joe and a little with Wesley from Diablosport for creating the PCM "Hack" although I hate the term Hack

I had a couple FCA powertrain engineers that didn't agree with with propitiatory software design... more like opensource..

I understand the corporate line that they spend Millions to design software... but really in the end...... the end user owns it.. (Look up Mike Westley verses Ford) the user owns the calibration.. maybe Ford owns the software... but to the little guy in no wheresville.. He just wants to fix his vehicle.. so support should be the end owners decision

Yes sometimes i wear a Blackhat... sometimes it's White

UN4GTBL

Reaction score

Honestly, just to be able to clear CELs, etc.

It looks like the security gateway is in behind my radio screen tho. :/

mopar22

Reaction score
Honestly, just to be able to clear CELs, etc.

It looks like the security gateway is in behind my radio screen tho. :/
Check for alfaobd i think it's called. That's what a lot of the dart guys used, so might as well see if it works for the cherokee

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

There was some footage cut down and some slight swearing due to the tight pace to jam your body onto the floor and looking up. lol

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Check for alfaobd i think it's called. That's what a lot of the dart guys used, so might as well see if it works for the cherokee

But that would still need a security bypass, no?

I have an AutoEnginuity tool with the Chrysler package

mopar22

Reaction score
But that would still need a security bypass, no?

I have an AutoEnginuity tool with the Chrysler package
Tbh not totally sure since i never messed with it. Just know that's what the dart guys really love to use

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
The security bypass was fairly easy once I found where the module was. You need a bypass on any 2018+ FCA vehicle to hook up anything aftermarket to the OBD2 port. I use AlfaOBD on my 2016 Ram and it won’t communicate with the Trackhawk without the bypass either.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
The biggest thing I want to do is enable fogs + highbeams on my Cherokee.

When I go to Tennessee, there are some very hilly roads with tight switchbacks with zero traffic. Ideally I'd have highbeams + fogs on because of the hills + sharp curves. (Literally low beams + steep hill + tight bend = I can't see.) Thankfully the 2019+ Cherokee has cornering lamps that it will turn on that fog light when turning and going slow enough so that helps, but it would be nice to have the fogs always on so I don't need to wait until I'm in the turn. I'm not going very quick because of the roads, so it's not a big deal, but just a "would like to have" thing. There are sharp drop offs with no guard rails, rock faces and deer in this area, so it's fun.

...oh yeah, and in-motion so that my passenger can adjust things while we are driving on the highway.

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
The biggest thing I want to do is enable fogs + highbeams on my Cherokee.

When I go to Tennessee, there are some very hilly roads with tight switchbacks with zero traffic. Ideally I'd have highbeams + fogs on because of the hills + sharp curves. (Literally low beams + steep hill + tight bend = I can't see.) Thankfully the 2019+ Cherokee has cornering lamps that it will turn on that fog light when turning and going slow enough so that helps, but it would be nice to have the fogs always on so I don't need to wait until I'm in the turn. I'm not going very quick because of the roads, so it's not a big deal, but just a "would like to have" thing. There are sharp drop offs with no guard rails, rock faces and deer in this area, so it's fun.

...oh yeah, and in-motion so that my passenger can adjust things while we are driving on the highway.

You can do that with the Tazer although I believe it can be done with AlfaOBD as well which would be a cheaper way to go. That said even with AlfaOBD you would have to get a OBD port bypass harness from somewhere. On the Trackhawk I have it set so the DRL doesn't drop out when using the turn signals because thats one of the things that really bugs me.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
You can do that with the Tazer although I believe it can be done with AlfaOBD as well which would be a cheaper way to go. That said even with AlfaOBD you would have to get a OBD port bypass harness from somewhere. On the Trackhawk I have it set so the DRL doesn't drop out when using the turn signals because thats one of the things that really bugs me.

My AutoEnginuity could do it, expect for the security module stopping it.

On my Caliber and our Grand Caravan I set the DRLs to the fog lights, and enabled the high beam + fog lights as sometimes you want that.

Users who are viewing this thread