Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tiny Jeep Built On French Underpinnings To Slot Below Renegade In 2022

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
I don't think that a CMP SUV would slot below the Renegade but would instead replace it. The same goes for the 500X.

TripleT

Reaction score
not for $200M they can put a Jeep on it but it won't be a Jeep, SM thought the same thing and spent 2 years redesigning it to make it Jeep.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think that a CMP SUV would slot below the Renegade but would instead replace it. The same goes for the 500X.
Does T-Cross slots bellow T-Roc? Think in that direction.

pumadog

Reaction score
Yes, the lack of news for new 500X(L) and Renegade generations makes me wonder. They are seven years old already.

patfromigh

Reaction score
The Renegade is old, but the 4Xe drivetrain is new and the production line in Italy are new. The FCA side of the Stellantis house is still introducing new products on that platform with a 3-row Compass and the AR Tonale on the way. The lack of news about the plant in Serbia is alarming though, since there was supposed to be a family of vehicles coming from there.

A matter which concerns me is while Fiat vehicles in Latin America enjoy great success, the PSA vehicles seem to be a hard sell. I worry about the French chefs getting their hands on Fiat's golden goose.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
A matter which concerns me is while Fiat vehicles in Latin America enjoy great success, the PSA vehicles seem to be a hard sell. I worry about the French chefs getting their hands on Fiat's golden goose.
Yes, I share this feeling.

The even worse would be to push French platforms there.

LeeRyder

Reaction score
Not linear, but I've always felt an awd Jeep branded compact would be a terrific entry level halo car to compete with the WRX and Evo.

Mattsmustang65

Reaction score
I just wish they would build a smaller pickup. Like a two-door with a 6-foot bed. I would buy that in a heartbeat

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
I doubt they'll keep those for long, now that they can leverage FCA's commercial vehicle platforms.

TripleT

Reaction score
I just wish they would build a smaller pickup. Like a two-door with a 6-foot bed. I would buy that in a heartbeat

For NA, take rate death, seems there are a lot of people who say this but not enough that actually bought them when available.

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
Yup. People in forums and comment sections are the minority of the market. Otherwise station wagons with 6-speed manuals would be the norm in the US.
And mid-size pick-ups would sell a lot more. And SUVs would have marginal sales while sedans would be booming.

Users who are viewing this thread