Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three-Row Buick Envision GX Leaks In China Ahead Of Official Debut

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

Three-Row Buick Envision GX Leaks In China Ahead Of Official Debut​

buick-envision-gx.jpg

buick-envision-gx.jpg

Buick is slowly but surely expanding its lineup of crossovers, with many existing models getting the GX treatment – an update that heralds another row of seats, and that’s about it. The most recent Buick to follow suit is the Envision, which made an unscheduled debut early in China ahead of an official reveal by GM.

Spotted in China, it’s immediately apparent that the 2022 model looks almost identical to its 2021 counterpart. Outside of simply being bigger, the latest offering from the tri-shield features a mildly altered front fascia including a larger grille and more angular profiles on the bumper. Also noticeable is a metal bar that connects the headlights with the grille, making them both one cohesive element.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Buick was Chrysler direct competition... Chrysler should be distroying this Chinese built crossover, but its not.

I mean, swap the badges and it almost could be a Chrysler Aspen or something

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
How about an Enclave GX? Really not sure why I made this other than liking the idea of a slightly less boxy alternative to the usual GM triplets.

enclave gx.jpg

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow Blazer with a Buick grill
There’s zero Blazer in that photo. Only parts of an Escalade and Envision that I pasted onto a stretched Enclave before changing many of the details.

Unless you’re referring to the Envision GX which is also not a Blazer at all and has a third row unlike that vehicle.

TripleT

Reaction score
There’s zero Blazer in that photo. Only parts of an Escalade and Envision that I pasted onto a stretched Enclave before changing many of the details.

Unless you’re referring to the Envision GX which is also not a Blazer at all and has a third row unlike that vehicle.

If you don't see the Blazer in the OP then our Subjectivity is quite different. The stretch and throw 3rd rows in Chinese vehicles all the time. This appears nothing more to me than a L version of the Blazer with a different grill insert bumper cover, different crease in the door stampings, and rear hind quarter glass changes.
2019-chevrolet-blazer-2-1200x630-c-ar1.91.jpg

Last edited:

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
If you don't see the Blazer in the OP then our Subjectivity is quite different. The stretch and throw 3rd rows in Chinese vehicles all the time. This appears nothing more to me than a L version of the Blazer with a different grill insert bumper cover, different crease in the door stampings, and rear hind quarter glass changes.
2019-chevrolet-blazer-2-1200x630-c-ar1.91.jpg
It looks completely different, will have a different interior, and likely different suspension tuning. It is a Blazer to the same degree that the Cadillac XT5 is a Blazer.

No need to criticize GM for doing this when Stellantis does it with the 500X and Renegade, Charger and 300, Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer, and to some extent, the Renegade/Compass and Grand Cherokee/Durango. It is common practice in the industry. They did it for years with the Avenger and Sebring, Grand Caravan and T&C, and Durango and Aspen, not to mention all the Chrysler and Dodge cars that came before those.

At least GM made these crossovers look quite different.

TripleT

Reaction score
GM doesn't do what FCA did at all but they really change very little. Yes the German did do a lot of badge engineering, useless in the combined dealership in days.

I really don't see what you see it all, I see GM making very small changes to make model distinctions changes in the caps and mild changes in the stamping.

but it is True... Welcome to the world of Pepe Le Chepskate ... it seems we better start enjoying it inside the company we follow.

Like you Ryan, but I am sorry this very modest change to make a model distinction and is fine as Chevy is quite small in China and Buick small here so there is really not care about, other than Buick having less relevance here.

I am not a fan of this and won't be fan of it if it is embraced by Stallantis in NA even if means it slapped on brands people hope to save.

Users who are viewing this thread