Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There Is A Surprising Number Of 2021 Dodge Durango SRT HELLCATs On Copart

There Is A Surprising Number Of 2021 Dodge Durango SRT HELLCATs On Copart​

We Found Nine Durango SRT HELLCATs On The Online Auction Site...​

1677644191716.png

In recent years, the Dodge Durango SRT HELLCAT has gained an immense following as one of the most powerful mass-produced SUVs available today. With its impressive 710 horsepower and 645 lb.-ft. of torque generated by the supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI® HELLCAT V8 engine, it has become a top pick among muscle car enthusiasts. However, the high performance and horsepower of this SUV come at a steep cost, as we have seen many of these vehicles end up wrecked on online auction sites like Copart.

Smokey24

Reaction score
The amount of damaged or destroyed Durango SRT Hellcats is a result of talentless drivers, not the vehicle itself!! Your average Joe (or Jane, I'm not sexist) has NO clue how to operate a 700+ Horsepower truck on public roads!!
Now, a question for Moparinsiders... How many 2021 Durango SRT Hellcat REDEYE's were produced? And where exactly is the first one currently? I'll give you a hint, it currently shares a shop with the fastest STREET LEGAL car in the country!!! It's in company with some SICK machines!!!

Joe1978c

Reaction score
The amount of damaged or destroyed Durango SRT Hellcats is a result of talentless drivers, not the vehicle itself!! Your average Joe (or Jane, I'm not sexist) has NO clue how to operate a 700+ Horsepower truck on public roads!!
Now, a question for Moparinsiders... How many 2021 Durango SRT Hellcat REDEYE's were produced? And where exactly is the first one currently? I'll give you a hint, it currently shares a shop with the fastest STREET LEGAL car in the country!!! It's in company with some SICK machines!!!
Agreed Smokey (about the drivers that already wrecked thiers THEMSELVES) Have had a 20 challenger redeye widebody for 3 years without crashing it. The article did touch on the fact a high number of these have been stolen. (and let's be honest, theft isn't just a problem w the Durango but ALL SRT vehicles, along w the already mentioned $ they command, but don't overlook the fact that they are apparently EXCEEDINGLY easy to steal for car thieves.) Of those wrecked Durangos, Id be curious to know how many of the 9 at Copart are theft recoveries? Bc if a high % ARE, then imo a high number totalled says little/nothing about the vehicles safety OR the driving skills of the owner. RATHER, it speaks volumes about the type of p.o.s. that steals another's car. Smokey, I had no idea there was a Redeye Durango made! (Lol..or was that ur point and someone already made one?)

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Agreed Smokey (about the drivers that already wrecked thiers THEMSELVES) Have had a 20 challenger redeye widebody for 3 years without crashing it. The article did touch on the fact a high number of these have been stolen. (and let's be honest, theft isn't just a problem w the Durango but ALL SRT vehicles, along w the already mentioned $ they command, but don't overlook the fact that they are apparently EXCEEDINGLY easy to steal for car thieves.) Of those wrecked Durangos, Id be curious to know how many of the 9 at Copart are theft recoveries? Bc if a high % ARE, then imo a high number totalled says little/nothing about the vehicles safety OR the driving skills of the owner. RATHER, it speaks volumes about the type of p.o.s. that steals another's car. Smokey, I had no idea there was a Redeye Durango made! (Lol..or was that ur point and someone already made one?)

Also says something about the anti-theft system on them

Users who are viewing this thread