Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Next Generation Jeep Grand Cherokee (WL): What to Expect:

The Next Generation Jeep Grand Cherokee (WL): What to Expect:
What's In Store For The Grand Cherokee Redesign?

rdd-780x405.jpg

The current generation of Jeep Grand Cherokee has been a runaway success since its release for the 2011 model year. The 2011 model year brought new levels of refinement and luxury to the Jeep brand with features like adaptive cruise control, an air suspension, and the then-new 3.6L Pentastar V6 engine. It received a refresh for 2014 that added the UConnect 8.4 touch screen, updated styling inside and out, more technology features, an EcoDiesel engine, new colors and wheel options, and updates to the SelecTerrain system.

Since 2014, it has received a few other changes such as the 75th Anniversary model in 2016 that previewed a refreshed fascia that debuted across the lineup in 2017, the addition of a Trailhawk trim level, luxurious updates to the Summit trim, and the outrageously powerful Trackhawk, with the 707 horsepower engine from the Charger and Challenger paired with Jeep’s AWD system. Throughout the current generation, the Grand Cherokee has been the recipient of numerous awards such as having the highest model loyalty in the midsize SUV segment, a 5-star overall crash test rating, the 2017 performance utility vehicle of Texas, and an award for best-in-class vehicle satisfaction. Jeep considers the Grand Cherokee to be the most awarded SUV ever. So how do they follow up such a successful product?

For the complete article, click the link below...
The Next Generation Jeep Grand Cherokee (WL): What to Expect: - Mopar Insiders (at https://moparinsiders.com/the-next-generation-jeep-grand-cherokee-wl-what-to-expect/ )

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
But for now... I still don't like an idea of a BOF Durango. Lets call it a Ram if that's true.
Actually I think it's related to Canada-US trade dispute and a possibility to lose its production for some time.
I believe that there is an option to produce it in Canada together with a new Charger and Challenger.

WK2 build points with Giorgio materials... I don't like that idea.
I don't know what @TripleT thinks about that one.
But for me it's completely different compared to a LX-Giorgio. Why? I do believe that there is an idea of producing Grand Cherokee outside of US. In that case Giorgio build points are desirable. Why? To produce it more easily alongside some Alfas in the future.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
But for now... I still don't like an idea of a BOF Durango. Lets call it a Ram if that's true.
Actually I think it's related to Canada-US trade dispute and a possibility to lose its production for some time.
I believe that there is an option to produce it in Canada together with a new Charger and Challenger.

WK2 build points with Giorgio materials... I don't like that idea.
I don't know what @TripleT thinks about that one.
But for me it's completely different compared to a LX-Giorgio. Why? I do believe that there is an idea of producing Grand Cherokee outside of US. In that case Giorgio build points are desirable. Why? To produce it more easily alongside some Alfas in the future.
Maybe for exports, but the ones sold here really should be produced in the US. I can imagine that being an issue for some buyers or others who would incessantly complain about a non-US Grand Cherokee.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe for exports, but the ones sold here really should be produced in the US. I can imagine that being an issue for some buyers or others who would incessantly complain about a non-US Grand Cherokee.

And Americans just adore Canadian made RAV4.

Why is good to have same build points and same platform across the globe or maybe in more factories in same region?
You can shift more easily products between them.

Lets say that JNAP will become a Giorgio plant. If that also happens with Belvedere they can shift more easily products between them depending on demand.

That was my point. Not just China made cars for Chinese market.

There are also some other options into play. Like sharing same assembly line for two different unrelated platforms. But such a assembly is slower. FCA did it in Belvedere with Dart and Patriot/Compass duo.
AFAIK you must have separate body shops. And Belvedere can have two body shops.

Blown7

Reaction score
Someone posted somewhere the new 2020 GC will have quad LED headlamps like the Ram pickups.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Someone posted somewhere the new 2020 GC will have quad LED headlamps like the Ram pickups.
Seems likely. The 2019 Cherokee does too. I will add them to the Trackhawk rendering.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Seems likely. The 2019 Cherokee does too. I will add them to the Trackhawk rendering.

FYI - Unfortunately, the 2019 Cherokee does not have quad LEDs

But I'd think the Grand Cherokee would have them, along with the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Ah, this picture must be deceiving then!
View attachment 816

Yeah, there's a little reflector in there, but it doesn't actually provide any light - it's deceiving!

Visible from the side. I initially thought it was additional LEDs as well (like for high beams, etc) but it's not.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, there's a little reflector in there, but it doesn't actually provide any light - it's deceiving!

Visible from the side. I initially thought it was additional LEDs as well (like for high beams, etc) but it's not.

Thanks for clearing that up. I have the red Cherokee Trailhawk picture above hanging in my office and at a quick glance it looked like there were quad LEDs.

Users who are viewing this thread