Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The mystery of the Jefferson and Mack Lots - Thousands of Grand Cherokee L’s

cygnus

Reaction score
Drove by Jefferson about an hour ago - haven’t been there since late last summer.

I was shocked to see thousands of Grand Cherokee L’s

92A01660-F220-49D9-B670-351A1D16EC9F.jpeg
F884CB7C-2D2E-4C78-AAAA-3EACB9A84BFF.jpeg

The reason why I say shocked is that -

1) Even if the OKTB (Ok to buy) hasn’t been given, wouldn’t you want to move these to the dealers?
2) how many of these vehicles were damaged by flooding
3) Or are these vehicles all waiting for chips?

Let the speculation begin

AlexB

Reaction score
Drove by Jefferson about an hour ago - haven’t been there since late last summer.

View attachment 4776
View attachment 4777

1) Even if the OKTB (Ok to buy) hasn’t been given, wouldn’t you want to move these to the dealers?

You wouldn’t want to move them dealers if there’s quality concerns and the Legacy Michigan 3 OEM’s declare those vehicles as revenue as soon vehicles is on the dealership lots.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

View attachment 4776
View attachment 4777

As far as I was told, it was the shipping lot at JNAP that got flooded. No Grand Cherokee Ls there. The Grand Cherokee L has been in production for over a month with shipping to dealers starting this week. Stellantis has told me that they have plenty of chips for the WL75 on hand.

cygnus

Reaction score
The lot that the WL75 is parked at is also the lot that has been historically used for Grand Cherokee/Durango/other plants. I’ve seen DTs and other vehicles parked in that lot, it’s pretty huge.

hatsufi

Reaction score
There also have been some quality issues on the WL75 and from what I heard the WL74 as well. Stellantis has held onto the vehicles to make sure everything is ironed out. But I am hearing that WL74 has been a nightmare.
Excuse my ignorance, but what is a WL74?

MiJeep

Reaction score
There also have been some quality issues on the WL75 and from what I heard the WL74 as well. Stellantis has held onto the vehicles to make sure everything is ironed out. But I am hearing that WL74 has been a nightmare.
Give examples of what is causing the nightmare, please.

Users who are viewing this thread