Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Dodge Cuda Rumors Are Swirling Again:

The Dodge Cuda Rumors Are Swirling Again:
If The Name Comes Back It's Not Going To Be What You Think...

GasAxe

Reaction score
So a Dodge Challenger ‘Cuda convertible... I’m not feeling it. The Cuda name is tied with performance so to tag it as a convertible option seems like a wasted opportunity. I’d advocate for the Cuda moniker to be the nimble, track model. Lightweight, handling focused, and a small twin turbo engine. Basically what was hoped the SRT Dart would be.

TripleT

Reaction score
So a Dodge Challenger ‘Cuda convertible... I’m not feeling it. The Cuda name is tied with performance so to tag it as a convertible option seems like a wasted opportunity. I’d advocate for the Cuda moniker to be the nimble, track model. Lightweight, handling focused, and a small twin turbo engine. Basically what was hoped the SRT Dart would be.

With Mustang and Camaro sales drying up I wonder if there is good business case for a separate model. The ACR is on the way... Perhaps a version with hot 2.0

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
I could see it being tied to a variant like the ACR as well instead of using the ACR name. I thought about putting that in the article but didn’t want to complicate things. Essentially I imagine it will be closely tied to the Challenger instead of being a separate car as others have been speculating.

James.A

Reaction score
With Mustang and Camaro sales drying up I wonder if there is good business case for a separate model. The ACR is on the way... Perhaps a version with hot 2.0
Is this still the case? I was hearing that the ACR was scrapped because of weight. What's your take on the current investment and three variants? Refresh in there?

TripleT

Reaction score
yeah it is. Track models just dont pay

TripleT

Reaction score
Ah, ok. Any idea what to expect instead?
I think they will start slipping some the up coming G architecture tricks before the change over. I tell Stelvio is incredible it will exciting to have that dynamics matched with the NA powerplants.

James.A

Reaction score
I think they will start slipping some the up coming G architecture tricks before the change over. I tell Stelvio is incredible it will exciting to have that dynamics matched with the NA powerplants.
Hope so!

Mopar392

Reaction score
Gonna highjack this thread.
Is this talk about one of the three variants of Challenger to come in the next 3 years?? Or a new based on a new Challenger, which is now does not seem to come in 2023??

MJAB

Reaction score
Why it could be not a raised car, a CUV with the rear going down like, for example, a BMW X6 but with more "muscular" rear like, for example in the concept Fiat Fastback.
Like that but with Challenger lines (maybe with 4 doors, but with rear handles hidden.

45527688_1969859119735715_1677447624036188160_o.jpg

Mopar392

Reaction score
That’s gonna piss a lot of enthusiasts, like when Charger became a sedan.
But if done right, the name might sell the product.

James.A

Reaction score
Gonna highjack this thread.
Is this talk about one of the three variants of Challenger to come in the next 3 years?? Or a new based on a new Challenger, which is now does not seem to come in 2023??
Are we sure its not coming in 2023? Can anyone give some insights?

Mopar392

Reaction score
People assumed that with the budget given to the plant, it won’t be sufficient for a new product, but only for the variants.
This led people to believe the large cars were pushed back again.

TripleT

Reaction score
or the Carrier positions are part of the design constraints and just because it related to G in terms of architecture it not dictated that they all have common carrier points. Which is beyond the allparian understanding. The idea that a Stelvio, 3 row Grand Cherokee, and a Charger would all have the same carrier points and build window DEFIES logic. And no that doesn't mean the lessons learned at Alfa were a waste of money.

Users who are viewing this thread