The Dodge Cuda Rumors Are Swirling Again:

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
The Dodge Cuda Rumors Are Swirling Again:
If The Name Comes Back It's Not Going To Be What You Think...

GasAxe

So a Dodge Challenger ‘Cuda convertible... I’m not feeling it. The Cuda name is tied with performance so to tag it as a convertible option seems like a wasted opportunity. I’d advocate for the Cuda moniker to be the nimble, track model. Lightweight, handling focused, and a small twin turbo engine. Basically what was hoped the SRT Dart would be.

TripleT

So a Dodge Challenger ‘Cuda convertible... I’m not feeling it. The Cuda name is tied with performance so to tag it as a convertible option seems like a wasted opportunity. I’d advocate for the Cuda moniker to be the nimble, track model. Lightweight, handling focused, and a small twin turbo engine. Basically what was hoped the SRT Dart would be.
With Mustang and Camaro sales drying up I wonder if there is good business case for a separate model. The ACR is on the way... Perhaps a version with hot 2.0

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
I could see it being tied to a variant like the ACR as well instead of using the ACR name. I thought about putting that in the article but didn’t want to complicate things. Essentially I imagine it will be closely tied to the Challenger instead of being a separate car as others have been speculating.