Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 Returns For The 2023 Model Year!

The Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 Returns For The 2023 Model Year!​

Drag Racing Package Is Back For One Last Hurrah...​

1662102287044.png

As the current Dodge Challenger (LA) enters its final year in production, the grassroots drag racing package – the Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 returns. That’s right, the R/T Scat Pack 1320 returns for the 2023 model year, to offer an affordable drag racing package for those who don’t have deep enough pockets for the 807 horsepower SRT Super Stock.

artillerybuff

Reaction score
This is good news, the 1320 is a fun car. Now if only we could get the 2021 production numbers by color like we did for the 2019 and 2020 model years!

artillerybuff

Reaction score
If anyone is seriously considering ordering a 2023 Dodge Charger or Challenger the window is open right NOW. But all models are not available at all dealers. I was on the top of my local dealer's list to purchase a 2023 Super Stock, but sadly just found out they did not get even one 2023 Hellcat allocation. They did get 37 other models, none of which interest me at all. I would have gladly settled for a Hellcat Redeye, but no such luck.

Use the link below to find what you want; you can search locally or nation wide. Good luck! Do not wait!

VANISHING POINT #1

Reaction score
If anyone is seriously considering ordering a 2023 Dodge Charger or Challenger the window is open right NOW. But all models are not available at all dealers. I was on the top of my local dealer's list to purchase a 2023 Super Stock, but sadly just found out they did not get even one 2023 Hellcat allocation. They did get 37 other models, none of which interest me at all. I would have gladly settled for a Hellcat Redeye, but no such luck.

Use the link below to find what you want; you can search locally or nation wide. Good luck! Do not wait!

I would just stay clear of that feeding frenzy🤮😵‍💫. Then again I notice there is alot more availability on the Challenger SXT models. This would be the easiest Challenger to get?

Last edited:

artillerybuff

Reaction score
I would just stay clear of that feeding frenzy🤮😵‍💫. Then again I notice there is alot more availability on the Challenger SXT models. This would be the easiest Challenger to get?
Too late, the frenzy has already started and I want no part of it! I purchased five new Mopars from the same dealership in the past four years (all at or under MSRP), and was on the very top of their list to purchase a 2023 Dodge Challenger Super Stock (or any Hellcat Redeye) at MSRP due to my dealer loyalty. Wouldn't you know it, out of the 37 allocations they received not one Hellcat in the bunch! So I started calling other dealers with allocations per the Dodge Horsepower locator and they are all already spoken for except for one dealer. That dealer told me I could have their Hellcat Redeye Jailbreak for $37,500.00 over MSRP. I laughed at him and said have a nice day then hung up...

It goes without saying I am VERY disappointed in Dodge right now. First they unnecessarily stop production of Hemi cars, second they severely limit dealer allocations, and third they are allowing dealerships to rip off buyers. This is not how you treat customers if you want them to come back. I know I won't...

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Too late, the frenzy has already started and I want no part of it! I purchased five new Mopars from the same dealership in the past four years (all at or under MSRP), and was on the very top of their list to purchase a 2023 Dodge Challenger Super Stock (or any Hellcat Redeye) at MSRP due to my dealer loyalty. Wouldn't you know it, out of the 37 allocations they received not one Hellcat in the bunch! So I started calling other dealers with allocations per the Dodge Horsepower locator and they are all already spoken for except for one dealer. That dealer told me I could have their Hellcat Redeye Jailbreak for $37,500.00 over MSRP. I laughed at him and said have a nice day then hung up...

It goes without saying I am VERY disappointed in Dodge right now. First they unnecessarily stop production of Hemi cars, second they severely limit dealer allocations, and third they are allowing dealerships to rip off buyers. This is not how you treat customers if you want them to come back. I know I won't...

Welcome to buying cars post-pandemic... less cars, more money in the pockets of dealers and automakers.

VANISHING POINT #1

Reaction score
I would just stay clear of that feeding frenzy🤮😵‍💫

That's insanity mixed in with greed🤑 Dodge can keep their cars at those mark ups. You aren't the only person I have heard of that kind of mark up. Another person got a mark up of $40,000 and that was on a SPWB. There are other cars out there. Just like there will always be someone out there faster than you or have more $$$ that is willing to spend that kind of money. These people have more $$$$ than brains and make it very difficult for the true driving enthusiasts because we get priced out.

artillerybuff

Reaction score
Welcome to buying cars post-pandemic... less cars, more money in the pockets of dealers and automakers.
I know you are right Rob. I guess I'm lucky to have what I have. I ordered/purchased a '21 F8 Green 1320 last year with the full interior optioned in, and had the dealer install the rear seat delete kit when it arrived (saved all the pieces so it will be easy to put back in). I also ordered/purchased a '22 Indigo Blue 1320 single seater this year. I was going to order a '23 Super Stock but no way that's going to happen now. I plan to keep the Blue one until I cannot drive any more, and sell the Green one after they are completely out of production. Should fetch a good price in mint condition with only 1,500 miles on it.

Users who are viewing this thread