Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Chrysler Name Might Not Be On The Company Anymore, But The Brand Will Live On:

DodgeFL

Reaction score
Well as a life long Chrysler Corp. buyer I think I'll be looking at GM brands for my next vehicle ! How discusting that Chrysler has been sold, resold, resold., resold, like a commodity I was there for the '" Merger of equals " crock of bull poop . All of us know how that mess turned out ! This French brand is so weak that the government has a interest as well as China, what a MESS ! How sad that no American MBA and investors cannot buy Chrysler ? A pox on Bob Eaton who started this poop slide down hill !

Last edited by a moderator:

AlexB

Reaction score
Well as a life long Chrysler Corp. buyer I think I'll be looking at GM brands for my next vehicle ! How discusting that Chrysler has been sold, resold, resold., resold, like a commodity I was there for the '" Merger of equals " crock of bull poop . All of us know how that mess turned out ! This French brand is so weak that the government has a interest as well as China, what a MESS ! How sad that no American MBA and investors cannot buy Chrysler ? A pox on Bob Eaton who started this poop slide down hill !
FACTCHECK ALERT
First of all PSA isn't weak,second there's more than Peugeot brand such GM's European Brands Opel & Vauxhall.
3rd: John Elkann is an American (largest Investor through EXOR and Chairman of the Automaker).
4th: Dongfeng is cutting its stake and will be a non-voting stockholder with no Board seats.

kisty

Reaction score
Well as a life long Chrysler Corp. buyer I think I'll be looking at GM brands for my next vehicle ! How discusting that Chrysler has been sold, resold, resold., resold, like a commodity I was there for the '" Merger of equals " crock of bull $hit . All of us know how that mess turned out ! This French brand is so weak that the government has a interest as well as China, what a MESS ! How sad that no American MBA and investors cannot buy Chrysler ? A pox on Bob Eaton who started this $hit slide down hill !
Suppose the new FCA-PSA company is called "General Autos". GA for short.

You can go to GM and buy a Buick.
Or..
You can go to GA and buy a Chrysler.

I can not see the difference.

And "Chrysler Corp." disappeared long ago.

Chrysler brand
Product typeLuxury cars
OwnerFCA US LLC
CountryUnited States
IntroducedJune 6, 1925
Previous ownersChrysler Corporation (1925-1998) DaimlerChrysler (1998-2007) Chrysler LLC (2007-2009) Chrysler Group LLC (2009-2014)

cgseller

Reaction score

I'm curious why you were a lifelong buyer? What was it that created your loyalty? Was it quality? Was it employment? Was it American icon? What it styling, engineering, design, etc?

cgseller

Reaction score
Suppose the new FCA-PSA company is called "General Autos". GA for short.

You can go to GM and buy a Buick.
Or..
You can go to GA and buy a Chrysler.

I can not see the difference.

And "Chrysler Corp." disappeared long ago.

Chrysler brand
Product typeLuxury cars
OwnerFCA US LLC
CountryUnited States
IntroducedJune 6, 1925
Previous ownersChrysler Corporation (1925-1998) DaimlerChrysler (1998-2007) Chrysler LLC (2007-2009) Chrysler Group LLC (2009-2014)

General Motors did what Chrysler/FIAT and soon PSA are doing many decades ago. Olds, Buick, Oakland, Reliant, Chevy, etc. were all separate entities that were purchased and then made as brands, or merged with other brands to become a new entity. This is sort of a natural progression. Olds, one of the first brands, did lose its presence, so Chrysler may as well.

DodgeFL

Reaction score
I'm curious why you were a lifelong buyer? What was it that created your loyalty? Was it quality? Was it employment? Was it American icon? What it styling, engineering, design, etc?

My first Mopar was a 1959 Plymouth Sport Fury , 1960 Plymouth 383, dual quads, swapped in a 426 R Max wedge engine. Then 1965 Plymouth Bel. 2 with a Isky cam, then1967 Plymouth Sat.. When Chrysler stopped making rear wheel drive muscle cars I went to GM for the Trans Ams had 5 of those. Then Corvette when GM dropped the T/A's the Vette got me into the 12 second club solidly in street trim. Then Back to Chrysler in 2012 with my first Challenger, now on my second one. Yup worked for Chrysler more than a few times. Great vehicles always ahead of the curve but now only with the supercharger motors. How ever now the NA motors are out dated as are the over weight out dated platforms.
PS: All of you can keep your Buick's , SUV's and PU trucks.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
My first Mopar was a 1959 Plymouth Sport Fury , 1960 Plymouth 383, dual quads, swapped in a 426 R Max wedge engine. Then 1965 Plymouth Bel. 2 with a Isky cam, then1967 Plymouth Sat.. When Chrysler stopped making rear wheel drive muscle cars I went to GM for the Trans Ams had 5 of those. Then Corvette when GM dropped the T/A's the Vette got me into the 12 second club solidly in street trim. Then Back to Chrysler in 2012 with my first Challenger, now on my second one. Yup worked for Chrysler more than a few times. Great vehicles always ahead of the curve but now only with the supercharger motors. How ever now the NA motors are out dated as are the over weight out dated platforms.
PS: All of you can keep your Buick's , SUV's and PU trucks.
Nobody is forcing you to buy a vehicle you don't want. If you don't want anything that FCA currently offers, complaining online isn't going to solve that. Now as frustrated about the merger as you may be, this is not Daimler and just because DaimlerChrysler was a relative disaster doesn't mean PSA+FCA will be. Actually, Tavares has already demonstrated an interest in maintaining heritage brands and recognizes their value so you are making a big deal out of this when it actually looks like it will be a positive thing for the company.

What year is your Challenger? If it's before the 2015 refresh, the refreshed models were updated fairly significantly.

TripleT

Reaction score
Great vehicles always ahead of the curve but now only with the supercharger motors. How ever now the NA motors are out dated as are the over weight out dated platforms.

Well since you worked Platform mean nothing anymore. All that means anymore build points. 06 vehicle and 20 vehicles are light years different. And when we see a entirely new vehicle they will be on the same "Platform" and I expect you to be here complaining it a old platform.

2020 is the best Charger and Challenger.... if not the best vehicles ever made by Chrysler corporation. Certainly the most potent production vehicle

DodgeFL

Reaction score
My first Chally was a 2012, my second is a 2018. Yes I will buy what I want and it looks like I will AGAIN leave the Mopar camp.

I heard all the rosy BS when Daimler bought Chrysler and now hearing a word for word replay. Where you at Chrysler then, 1997 ?

I'm not a truck or SUV guy. I like factory performance vehicles that are not supercharged. because of the warranty issues.

And what do you drive sir ? Are you in the game 1/4 mile at a time ?

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
My first Chally was a 2012, my second is a 2018. Yes I will buy what I want and it looks like I will AGAIN leave the Mopar camp.

I heard all the rosy BS when Daimler bought Chrysler and now hearing a word for word replay. Where you at Chrysler then, 1997 ?

I'm not a truck or SUV guy. I like factory performance vehicles that are not supercharged. because of the warranty issues.

And what do you drive sir ? Are you in the game 1/4 mile at a time ?

PSA is not buying FCA and we know that the largest shareholder of a merged company will be the same as now.

TripleT

Reaction score
Problem with not being a Truck or SUV guy is that everyone else is.... You can go over to Allpar and find people with that same belief. It just not enough of them to make the market in sedan profitable. The Tall car is more efficient packaging. I myself prefer a performance car, it nice the Dodge still make those. So not sure what the complaint is except they haven't changed that carrier in Brampton. Money is in what people want.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score

It doesn't matter how long you've been "loyal" to the company if you're not even going to give the merger a chance.

TripleT

Reaction score
Its a Hell of a deal when a honest SAE 500hp (with a cold air intake) factory motor in a affordable sedan and coupe isn't enough for people. Just shows people will complain no matter what the company does.

DodgeFL

Reaction score
Complainers or justified criticism ? How about knocking 400-500 LB. off to be on a level playing field with the competition ? The weight really matters when doing the 1320, if you have ever been there ? Challenger is a muscle car not a touring sedan. You want a touring car ? Buy a Chrysler 300. If you don't own a Challenger or Charger then why are you in this comment section ?

It's not this " merger " it's all the sweet smelling BS being thrown about. Let's see who is right by January 2021 ??

AlexB

Reaction score
Complainers or justified criticism ? How about knocking 400-500 LB. off to be on a level playing field with the competition ? The weight really matters when doing the 1320, if you have ever been there ? Challenger is a muscle car not a touring sedan. You want a touring car ? Buy a Chrysler 300. If you don't own a Challenger or Charger then why are you in this comment section ?

It's not this " merger " it's all the sweet smelling BS being thrown about. Let's see who is right by January 2021 ??
You are Complaining indeed
This thread isn't about any one model, THE THREAD SUBJECT IS ABOUT THE MERGER!

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score

As I'm aware competitors are not making muscle car. They are making pony cars. Of course that muscle will weigh more.

Chrismopar

Reaction score
As I'm aware competitors are not making muscle car. They are making pony cars. Of course that muscle will weigh more.
From what I understand a muscle car could be any hi-performance American car or even an SUV(Durango SRT), so a pony car like Mustang and Camaro or sports car like the Corvette are also muscle cars. Personally I consider the Challenger both a muscle car and a pony car, just happens to be the largest one. Charger is both a sedan and a muscle car, Durango is a SUV muscle car. Just my thoughts.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score

This thread is not about the Charger or Challenger. If all you want to do is complain, maybe your participation in this forum should be reconsidered.

Users who are viewing this thread